ELC AMX ELC EVEN 120

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Potato_Power #1 Posted 01 May 2019 - 09:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5160 battles
  • [_NFTG] _NFTG

So first of all if the tank would be implemented in game direcly it would be OP I know, thats why there is a WoT part that looks at balancing, here just some general ideas from me.

First I was thinking what would a cool tank be that had one member, there would be some issues, first of all he would not be able to reload while driving unless he has the skill where the commander can take care of another crewmember skill, basically multitasking (Jack of all trades skill). But then I looked a bit in my favourite type of tanks, lets call them papercanons bcs they are worse than glass.

Now about the charasteristics about the EVEN 120 (this is just historical it wont be balanced in this description)

1. Super precise

2. loading only when standing and turret turned oposite side

3. Atleast 250mm armor pen

4. 75 km/h top speed and not 80 like ELC AMX

5. Has 4x 120mm guns (There is a autoloader option with 2x 5mag 120mm guns, imagine how scary that would be)

Gameplay ideas:

- I would keep it really precise and that it only loads while standing

- The guns have 2 options, or make 2 guns, or 4 guns while forcing atleast 2 to have HE so you can swap ammo type easily but you cant just fire 4 AP bullets in a burst, then balance it out with having around 10sec reload time per shell and a high armor pen

- There are more ways to balance the gun out, bcs its a 120mm on a light tank why not make the light tank roll just a bit back to lose the benefits of standing still (I know it has recoilles guns)

- Obviusly it would be a tier 10 tank, premium prob unless they want to make a new tech tree but then the ELC EVEN 90 should be removed from premium and inserted into the tree too

- Now idk how many drivers it had, probably 2, but 1 would be ok too, but that would require 2-3x crew XP on that crew member and that he cant go in any other tank but that one

Just a final thing about making a tech tree, this is a lost of all the ELC tanks I know of:

ELC AMX bis, ELC AMX, ELC EVEN 30, ELC EVEN  90, ELC EVEN 75, ELC EVEN 120 (Autoloader would be OP no matter what)

Btw the reason I said replace ELC AMX is bcs its super similar to it, just better.

the ELC project is where French army wanted to get a combination of powerfull gun on a highly manoverable and stealthy tank.

More details here

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/04/12/elc-part-i-big-guns-on-small-tanks-elc-even-4-x-120/

NekoPuffer_PPP #2 Posted 01 May 2019 - 09:30 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32887 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostPotato_Power, on 01 May 2019 - 09:22 PM, said:

3. Atleast 250mm armor pen

...hold up, which ELC AMX are you thinking of replacing? If it's the tier 5 one you're seriously off your rocker m8.

Edit: oh now I see you want to put it at tier 10.

Edited by PervyPastryPuffer, 01 May 2019 - 09:31 PM.

Potato_Power #3 Posted 01 May 2019 - 09:46 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5160 battles
  • [_NFTG] _NFTG

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 01 May 2019 - 08:30 PM, said:

...hold up, which ELC AMX are you thinking of replacing? If it's the tier 5 one you're seriously off your rocker m8.

Edit: oh now I see you want to put it at tier 10.

Just the playstile, it replaces the tank ELC mains use, or used

XxKuzkina_MatxX #4 Posted 01 May 2019 - 10:52 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY
I want to ask about this 'super precise' bit. The EVEN-120 was supposed to be armed with 4 X 120mm recoilless rifles. These are not known for their great accuracy or range. Yes the article you linked mention that but as a requirement by the french defense ministry not as a result of testing the weapon.

Potato_Power #5 Posted 02 May 2019 - 06:32 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5160 battles
  • [_NFTG] _NFTG

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 01 May 2019 - 09:52 PM, said:

I want to ask about this 'super precise' bit. The EVEN-120 was supposed to be armed with 4 X 120mm recoilless rifles. These are not known for their great accuracy or range. Yes the article you linked mention that but as a requirement by the french defense ministry not as a result of testing the weapon.

hmm, well Im not a gun expert, but its overall a criteria that needs to be filled, atleast more precise than the EVEN 90. Afterall the idea behind it was that it scouts foritself and snipes the enemy before it repositions stealthly

Edited by Potato_Power, 02 May 2019 - 06:50 AM.

Also tagged with ELC AMX, ELC EVEN 120

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users