Spotting Positions Ep #3

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

cheapbooks_USA #1 Posted 02 May 2019 - 01:18 AM

Private

• Player
  • 250 battles

This video is the 3rd in my series of interesting and rarely known spotting positions you can play in WOT. 

imperiumgraecum #2 Posted 02 May 2019 - 02:08 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 63374 battles
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL
No offense, but there's a reason all these positions are rarely known: just 1-2 are situational, and they are high-risk/average-reward at best; the rest are completely useless.

Edited by imperiumgraecum, 02 May 2019 - 02:19 AM.

CraftyVeteran #3 Posted 02 May 2019 - 05:27 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6317 battles
  • [-B2C-] -B2C-
^what he said.  he played against a noob team.  If he did that in any normal game, he'd be deleted by the meds or tds up on the cliff.  DO NOT listen to this guy. 

HassenderZerhacker #4 Posted 02 May 2019 - 07:09 AM

Major

• Player
  • 29144 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

the voice comment is hilarious, lol

fwhaatpiraat #5 Posted 02 May 2019 - 07:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 54433 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
I disagree with the guys above: a lot of people can learn a lot from this spotting-oriented play style, since they have no clue whatsoever how to get some assistance without dieing. You got really lucky to face those braindead potatoes in the first game on Ghost town though, I doubt it will work the next time. Since I have never seen people camping in that corner, albeit I never play assault mode.

The best position was on the A-line on Malinovka. It happens often that the team that wins the hill decides to push over and get totally destroyed. Might be one of the biggest traps in the game. Although you definitely shouldn't have gone there that early. You could (should) have helped the Patton at the hill. The E50 could work really well next to that windmill and the Patton could be really useful as well. The position on A3/4 should only be used after playing regularly somewhere else on the map and when it's clear that the enemy is about to push down from the hill. Happened to me yesterday, I did some spotting in the middle with my Batchat, while the enemy team quickly took the hill. When I saw what was about to happen, I repositioned to A3/A4 and let the rest of my team (including a Jagdpz) back me up. Enemy team was dumb and advanced and died. I got 7.5k spotting iirc, but more importantly, I managed to win the battle by being at the right time on the right position.

The game on Minsk also showed that from the middle you can spot tanks on both sides actually. Without having (some) control over the middle, it seems to be quite hard to push either side.

A few critical notes though:
1) fix your consumable loadout. Having no fire extinguisher ánd no med kit on tanks (especially tanks made in China) is stupid. Since consumables replenish, you don't need 2 repair kits.

2) you should have been more careful in several games by not dieing in the middle of the game. Dieing mid-game, when your team has an advantage, can still result in a loss. For example the Batchat battle I just described.

Cobra6 #6 Posted 02 May 2019 - 09:27 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16467 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Dude, we have a dedicated video section on this forum. I know it's hard to read but at least try.

Also, stop trying to get cheap views by posting your videos in the wrong section just because it gets more visitors and obey the rules like the rest of us.

Cobra 6

G_Bg_82 #7 Posted 02 May 2019 - 10:12 AM

• 7578 battles
  • [KIDS_] KIDS_

Hi players ,

This thread is been moved in the right section.Since we have Videos & Streams,please post your videos there.Thanks for your cooperation.

Have a nice day !

G_Bg_82

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users