Game Crashing After Update

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

4TankersandDog #1 Posted 02 May 2019 - 10:20 AM

Private

• Player
  • 41189 battles
  • [BG_WP] BG_WP
Game crashes every time right before loading the garage when logging in. I had crashes before but was able to play nonetheless. I cannot even log in now. I have reinstalled windows recently - nothing changed. Drivers are all updated, no mods, high end PC.

Robbie_T #2 Posted 02 May 2019 - 11:17 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19102 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Not played a battle  but i am in the garage.

Do you play windowed or full screen? set it to windowed.

And dont know but WOT is one of the most stable games i played maybe chrashed 3 times in 4 years.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 02 May 2019 - 01:22 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 70166 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Post4TankersandDog, on 02 May 2019 - 10:20 AM, said:

Game crashes every time right before loading the garage when logging in. I had crashes before but was able to play nonetheless. I cannot even log in now. I have reinstalled windows recently - nothing changed. Drivers are all updated, no mods, high end PC.

Even with no mods, have you cleared the wot cache? It can have some outdated settings, old configs from mods etc. And if you have no mods installed for the newest patch, clearing that can work. That and if anything did get new drivers since you played last. A rollback might help. As I had to do that a few patches back on my GPU, but I have the lastest now.

But a thing you can do that don't require a rollback or deleting anything. Close all overlays apps you have running that WOT might use. Discord, overwolf, soundcard, mouse, keyboard etc. Anything that is running next to your clock and shut them down. As that has been a rather common issue of late in terms of solutions.

Bordhaw #4 Posted 02 May 2019 - 06:22 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 13572 battles

View Post4TankersandDog, on 02 May 2019 - 09:20 AM, said:

Do you use Game Center ? 

Tankistu #5 Posted 08 May 2019 - 07:12 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28244 battles

Kind of a similar problem here so I didn't open a new thread.

Game gets stuck in the "game loading - please wait" stage. One time I didn't close it, just left it like that, and it took 5 minutes for it to proceed to loading the garage. But then it got stuck in "synchronising store". After another 5 minutes stuck in that stage it told me that "connection to the server has been interrupted". Is this more of a server problem than anything? Whatever it is I can no longer log in. 

Later edit - Tried again. This time it went past "synchronising store" but got stuck in "updating garage". I can hear some Soviet songs and a guy speaking, but can't see the garage, only my crew and tanks (and can't do anything because the garage is still updating and then the connection crashes). Could their May 9 celebration garage update be at fault?

Edited by Tankistu, 08 May 2019 - 07:18 AM.

Zmago5000 #6 Posted 08 May 2019 - 07:26 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9433 battles

after update 1.5 my game crashed regulary every 1-2h or so,...I even got penalized for quitting games early....

What I found out was, that they apparently did something on graphics,  because fps went up, and my old graphic card started to overheat on T: 98-99 deg. C ,....and switcing OFF (on LOW settings) .

Result: I had to invest in  new (used GF GTX1060) which on MAX settings is now  on comfortable 65-70 deg. C , resulting in 85 EUR spend on card insteads of tanks :angry:,...which doesnt bother me much,  because no new OP Russian tanks to buy on the horizon ,...

XxKuzkina_MatxX #7 Posted 08 May 2019 - 07:28 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

View PostTankistu, on 08 May 2019 - 10:12 AM, said:

Later edit - Tried again. This time it went past "synchronising store" but got stuck in "updating garage". I can hear some Soviet songs and a guy speaking, but can't see the garage, only my crew and tanks (and can't do anything because the garage is still updating and then the connection crashes). Could their May 9 celebration garage update be at fault?

Try disabling the garage graphics just for testing using this mod...

https://wgmods.net/996/

Tankistu #8 Posted 08 May 2019 - 05:21 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28244 battles

I uninstalled then reinstalled the game. No change.

Did they change the computer requirements for this game from one day to the next or what is happening? 

Edit: World of Warships is loading and works fine, so I doubt it's a problem with my PC.

Edited by Tankistu, 08 May 2019 - 05:28 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users