So, I was watching Stanlock_MERCY streaming

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Japualtah #1 Posted 02 May 2019 - 12:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31113 battles

And judging by the sheer number of Suka, Bliat and Arta - at least 20 times in less than a minute - I could clearly understand Russians don't like arty more than we do.

When this game will long be dead, I'll still be wondering whether WG won more money being stubborn about their failed arty mechanics than they lost.

It's part of those questions meant to never be answered, I guess :)

Oh, yes, almost forgot why I started this thread, if you haven't already, don't miss that guy on Twitch from the few minutes I could watch he's indeed playing on a whole other level than mere mortals.

FrantisekBascovansky #2 Posted 02 May 2019 - 01:15 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21544 battles

a) 2/10

b) I will give it a try.

seXikanac #3 Posted 02 May 2019 - 02:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13182 battles
  • [-YU-] -YU-

View PostJapualtah, on 02 May 2019 - 12:53 PM, said:

And judging by the sheer number of Suka, Bliat and Arta - at least 20 times in less than a minute - I could clearly understand Russians don't like arty more than we do.

When this game will long be dead, I'll still be wondering whether WG won more money being stubborn about their failed arty mechanics than they lost.

It's part of those questions meant to never be answered, I guess :)

Oh, yes, almost forgot why I started this thread, if you haven't already, don't miss that guy on Twitch from the few minutes I could watch he's indeed playing on a whole other level than mere mortals.

It would be boring and predictable game without arty

XxKuzkina_MatxX #4 Posted 02 May 2019 - 02:48 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY
Stanlock is the definition of an aggressive player. Give him abbey in any tank and he'll be around the enemy base in 3-4 minutes. He can't stand arty mostly because he refuses to change any of his play style.

Bordhaw #5 Posted 02 May 2019 - 07:49 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 13572 battles

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 02 May 2019 - 01:48 PM, said:

He can't stand arty mostly because he refuses to change any of his play style.

8126Jakobsson #6 Posted 02 May 2019 - 07:59 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 74793 battles

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 02 May 2019 - 02:48 PM, said:

Stanlock is the definition of an aggressive player. Give him abbey in any tank and he'll be around the enemy base in 3-4 minutes. He can't stand arty mostly because he refuses to change any of his play style.

So...camp more? I thought arty was supposed to prevent that.

BonjiOrongji #7 Posted 02 May 2019 - 08:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42364 battles
  • [RMBLE] RMBLE

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 02 May 2019 - 02:48 PM, said:

some ppl are trying to win their games ... that means playing active/agressive ... leave others with your camping playstyle alone

XxKuzkina_MatxX #8 Posted 02 May 2019 - 08:37 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

View PostBonjiOrongji, on 02 May 2019 - 11:23 PM, said:

some ppl are trying to win their games ... that means playing active/agressive ... leave others with your camping playstyle alone

You read more into my post than you should. I am a fan of Stanlock and his aggressive play style which as you said yourself is fun, more engaging and conducive to winning battles.

My play style though got nothing to do with you, my post or this topic. I don't tell you how to play your games and i honestly don't care!

MeetriX #9 Posted 03 May 2019 - 06:10 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 22174 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

20 arty in a minute?

Xiit!

Japualtah #10 Posted 03 May 2019 - 10:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31113 battles

View PostseXikanac, on 02 May 2019 - 02:24 PM, said:

It would be boring and predictable game without arty

Whenever you are spotted - and you will if you actually play the game - you can predict you'll be shat on by arty which is indeed boring having to spend as much time moving frantically to avoid direct hits than trying to shoot at the enemy.

So your argument is spot on, provided you read it the other way around.

Not to mention that an arty free game makes maps twice larger allowing to go and use terrain which arty normally prevent from using.

pecopad #11 Posted 03 May 2019 - 11:14 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27078 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

View PostJapualtah, on 02 May 2019 - 12:53 PM, said:

And judging by the sheer number of Suka, Bliat and Arta - at least 20 times in less than a minute ...

Sorry,can you explain what is Suka and Bilat...

Also what arty fires 20 shells in a minute, or even 7 shells,I wan't one of those.

Never saw him play, but willl try to catch his stream,,,

Cobra6 #12 Posted 03 May 2019 - 11:59 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16467 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostJapualtah, on 02 May 2019 - 11:53 AM, said:

Since there are many more players that hate/don't play arty compared to those who do, yes they have missed out on quite a bit of money pissing off and scaring away none-arty players.

And no, this is not the same as TD's or Light tanks as arty is a *competely* different class with completely different game rules. Its nothing like any of the other classes in this game.

There is a reason why there is no artillery in for instance War Thunder and why Armored Warfare had the balls to completely scrap it from randoms, it's a detrimental class for the gameplay experience of all other classes in the game. And if you are going to say: "So are TDs/Meds/Lights, they are not, see line above.

Cobra 6

Interdiction #13 Posted 03 May 2019 - 12:13 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13102 battles
Scrap Artillery and give the players ALL of their XP back ...Sorted 

mantazzo #14 Posted 03 May 2019 - 12:51 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6879 battles
  • [LTUKP] LTUKP

Oh boy, another Arty talk! I'm sure this will go as good as many of those before... :popcorn:

I will not comment on any of that though, since "as a low stat player" my opinion will be disregarded, most likely.

pecopad #15 Posted 03 May 2019 - 03:51 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27078 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

View PostCobra6, on 03 May 2019 - 11:59 AM, said:

Since there are many more players that hate/don't play arty compared to those who do, yes they have missed out on quite a bit of money pissing off and scaring away none-arty players.

And no, this is not the same as TD's or Light tanks as arty is a *competely* different class with completely different game rules. Its nothing like any of the other classes in this game.

There is a reason why there is no artillery in for instance War Thunder and why Armored Warfare had the balls to completely scrap it from randoms, it's a detrimental class for the gameplay experience of all other classes in the game. And if you are going to say: "So are TDs/Meds/Lights, they are not, see line above.

Cobra 6

Most of the players play arties, most of us because of the missions, but I do not think we hate arty.

Also do not think is detrimental, and actually makes all sense, since many tanks were destroyed by arty... British arty wiped out 1/3 of the Rommel new panthers with Arty..so a tank game/simulator should have arty.

It terms of gameplay, arty is good and many times having a good arty player is the difference between winning or losing, specially those who actually play arty to win and not only to do damage.

Most of the green players hate arty because team game is a complete alien notion to them, they like farming damage and green wn8

Edited by pecopad, 03 May 2019 - 03:52 PM.

Jumping_Turtle #16 Posted 03 May 2019 - 03:56 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 65955 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostInterdiction, on 03 May 2019 - 12:13 PM, said:

Scrap Artillery and give the players ALL of their XP back ...Sorted 

Credits spend ? Gold spend ?

Maschinenkanone #17 Posted 04 May 2019 - 07:02 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 42117 battles
  • [MBEV] MBEV

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 03 May 2019 - 02:56 PM, said:

Credits spend ? Gold spend

It will be distributed among non-arty players as compensation for the unnecessary frustration this broken game mechanic caused.Another solution would be this: Just let arty play only against bots. Problem solved for everyone.

Innapropriate_Username #18 Posted 04 May 2019 - 04:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12243 battles

View PostCobra6, on 03 May 2019 - 11:59 AM, said:

There is a reason why there is no artillery in for instance War Thunder....

Last part is not true, in War Thunder you do have "Arty", in fact, you have the same "Arty" Sturmpanzer2/ Lorr. with Same 150mm HE guns as here (no stun tho).

(You only do not have Satellite View, so it requires some SKILL to hit enemy tanks on the other side of the map using regular gun-sights, but it works)

"SPG Tanks" are not the problem, the "Unique Gameplay mechanic" with God-Mode satellite view + no render range restrictions make it toxic.

Imagine the HORROR if you had to co-ordinate with your own Team to zero-in call incoming shells... that might be beyond Arcade Tank game that does not even have option to use regular, manual Gun Sights.

It just reminds me of people complaining when aim reticle "Jumped" when you aimed at tank on a ridge of big (frontlines) maps, whole RNG-simplified-aim system can be source of a lot of grief.

m4inbrain #19 Posted 05 May 2019 - 12:03 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 14377 battles

There is a reason why there is no artillery in for instance War Thunder

The impressive thing is, that this statement is wrong regardless of how you look at it. Objectively wrong: there certainly are SPGs in the game. Sturmpanzer 2, Brummbaer, Panzerwerfer 42, all rocket artillery tanks like Katyushas, hell, there's even a Lorraine 155. You could argue "well they don't have satellite view" - and that's correct. They don't. Except of course that you have CAS instead, with people taking huge dumps in your face with P47s, IL2, Stukas (IL10 etc, not gonna list them all) etc. And once you get far enough into the game, you then suddenly have to deal literally with guided missiles of helicopters that have multiple times the range of any anti air vehicle. 

So, your statement is disingenuous at best. To argue that War Thunder doesn't have a problem with "hands of gods" is absolutely stupid considering the forum is plastered with "nerf CAS" for multiple years in a row. I actually take WoT Arty over War Thunder CAS any day of the week. At least i can hide from arty, you can't hide from CAS. 

This of course isn't even including the fact that in War Thunder, neither big HE guns (Sturmpanzer etc) nor bombs actually need to hit you to kill you. Not damage, outright kill you - back to the garage you go. The only upside in War Thunder is that the tank isn't locked after you get fisted by a plane and sent to the garage. Something WoT btw should absolutely copy.

unhappy_bunny #20 Posted 05 May 2019 - 12:43 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19373 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View Postm4inbrain, on 05 May 2019 - 11:03 AM, said:

. The only upside in War Thunder is that the tank isn't locked after you get fisted by a plane and sent to the garage. Something WoT btw should absolutely copy.

Agree with the rest of your post, but I wonder about this statement.

Who would be the beneficiary of such a feature? The danger is, the player who just wants to rush up the tech tree as quickly as possible, is not very good, so could press W rush forward and die early, back to garage, same tank, same play, and fit loads of battles into a session picking up smaller amounts of XP but more of them, getting to the next tank without making any effort. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users