arty arty nerf

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic

MPV_11 #41 Posted 05 May 2019 - 02:38 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 33616 battles

View Postm1x_angelico, on 05 May 2019 - 12:19 PM, said:

Although I did not in any way mean to invalidate your view that you dont like arty and think it best excluded from the game (where there are quite a few players that feel exactly the same), it seems that my comments hit the spot, so to speak.

Lets try this again with simple words:

I never said that I don't like arty (although I don't). Check what I wrote before making incorrect statements (it's not difficult, there are only 2 pages in this thread and I only made 4 posts). Which means that you didn't hit any spot (just like the T92 HMC that didn't hit me but hit near me - remember that incorrect statement you made?)

I understand your need to lash out, however, ultimately this will not make you feel better. Instead, addressing your issues will - starting from the need for attention (posting this outside of SPG discussion thread), need to insult others that dont agree with your viewpoint, 

I feel no need to lash out, I just enjoy deflating pompous egos. It doesn't make me feel better or worse - just one of these things you have to do in life. No issues here I'm afraid

inability to take constructive criticism, issues with perceived authority (me saying that you should post in a mega thread) 

Well I looked through your posts again and I found a lot of pompous hot air (good word pompous - sort of sums you up) and a desperate need for attention, but no constructive criticism!  I also checked the other posts in Gameplay that referenced Arty (there's a few at the moment) and I didn't see you jump in there with your perceived authority! You better get right on that!

I think that you and your very expensive psychiatrist have a lot to talk about. Feel free to share my comment and your response. Your response alone will give you two enough to talk about for several sessions. I understand and forgive you for your comments and hope you get well soon.

I lied about the psychiatrist - I thought you might catch on to that, but I over estimated you. It was just a bit of attention seeking on my part

I understand and forgive you for your comments and hope you get well soon.

Ahh how sweet. I almost wish I hadn't called you an a***h**e (almost…;)

I'm now waiting with bated breath for your devastating response, glaring inaccuracies, unconstructive criticism, perceived authority and wonderful (free) psychiatric advice!

(just to be clear I'm not actually remotely interested, this was sarcasm again)

malachi6 #42 Posted 06 May 2019 - 09:44 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 50920 battles

View Postm1x_angelico, on 02 May 2019 - 02:31 PM, said:

So post a replay, so we can all see what happened. Easier than being a c**t

Tell your wife / girlfriend that you use her sex parts as an insult and tell me how that goes.

SilentFear #43 Posted 06 May 2019 - 10:03 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 25898 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postm1x_angelico, on 03 May 2019 - 04:04 PM, said:

So just to sum up. You, driving a medium tier X tank, got hit by a tier X arty with a 40+ sec reload 3 times, and all it took from you was 1000 HP?

From this we can make the following conclusions:

1.You are not happy with the nerf, in fact, it sounds like you will never be happy with any nerf. Arty tier X should be able to severely damage a tier X tank. The fact that this is no longer the case, makes arty one of the weakest classes dmg-wise, making it almost useless. So, instead of removing arty, which would raise many issues in the community, WH has made it almost ridiculously under-powered. Yet, certain players will not be happy until it is completely removed from the game. It seems you are one of these people. So, I would point you to an SPG mega thread and not to open new threads while there is a pinned threads for such discussions. If the intention instead was not to discuss SPGs but to draw attention to yourself, congratulations, you did just that, but not in a good way.

2.After 33007 matches, you either don't know how to play medium tanks or are either one of those perma campers, in which case my only regret is that the arty didnt ammo-rack you.

Just to clarify something. WG are trying to kill arty. They have been trying for a long time. Instead of removing it - hence giving some sort of massive refund - they will just keep nerfing it slowly till its dead. 

And just to clarify something else - campers are not hurt by arty. Its the active players that suffer arty attention. So you last statement is pure BS. But expected as per usual by the clicker brigade. 

S_E_N_N_A #44 Posted 06 May 2019 - 10:05 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 45515 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI
Arty improves camping  on a side note i got hit by a CGC in my 277 for 850 well balanced comrade da da fun ja ja

m1x_angelico #45 Posted 06 May 2019 - 07:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24109 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO

View PostSilentFear, on 06 May 2019 - 10:03 AM, said:

Just to clarify something. WG are trying to kill arty. They have been trying for a long time. Instead of removing it - hence giving some sort of massive refund - they will just keep nerfing it slowly till its dead. 

And just to clarify something else - campers are not hurt by arty. Its the active players that suffer arty attention. So you last statement is pure BS. But expected as per usual by the clicker brigade. 

Yes, agreed, they are doing it slowly. It is almost borderline unplayable now and already a former shadow of itself.

My statement is not BS, but reality. While arty targets active players, where HTs that are not super heavies are at the biggest risk, I've been playing overwhelmingly meds tier X in the last few months, quite aggressively. First to spot, first to engage, if lights dont spot I take over, etc. So, it is unclear to me how the very same arty with a very long reload can hit you 3 times within the match and take 1k HP if you are playing a med tank. The only way this could happen, is if you dont know how to play a med tank or are trying to camp at a spot where arty can hit you. It seems that you and I are not playing the same game.

MPV_11 #46 Posted 08 May 2019 - 12:41 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 33616 battles

View Postm1x_angelico, on 06 May 2019 - 06:30 PM, said:

Yes, agreed, they are doing it slowly. It is almost borderline unplayable now and already a former shadow of itself.

My statement is not BS, but reality. While arty targets active players, where HTs that are not super heavies are at the biggest risk, I've been playing overwhelmingly meds tier X in the last few months, quite aggressively. First to spot, first to engage, if lights dont spot I take over, etc. So, it is unclear to me how the very same arty with a very long reload can hit you 3 times within the match and take 1k HP if you are playing a med tank. The only way this could happen, is if you dont know how to play a med tank or are trying to camp at a spot where arty can hit you. It seems that you and I are not playing the same game.

Obviously your skill level is way above mine (and most of those posting in this thread it seems) and arty respects you so much that they dare not fire at you.

When I play arty (only for missions you understand), I often focus on a single player because its relatively easy to follow them across the map and I'm lazy. There are few places that you can hide from arty (behind a building or rock - no problem, I will just hit the top of the building or rock and I will probably still cause you damage). Long reload time? If you are spotted or I think I know where you are - no problem.

But of course, you will never have experienced this as you claim you have NEVER been hit 3x in a battle by arty (btw let me once again point out that I was splashed not hit - a very important distinction that you keep on ignoring as it somewhat spoils your narrative).

Maybe one day I will achieve your unicum status and be able to miraculously avoid arty with my skill and daring. But in the meantime I guess I need to l2p, git gud and stop camping

btw was it me or did I just see a flying pig in this thread (pun not necessarily intended and definitely not a suggestion to WG)

LordMuffin #47 Posted 08 May 2019 - 12:58 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 50629 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostDeadLecter, on 02 May 2019 - 02:38 PM, said:

Actually no replay needed. This happens every day. It happens less to me because I'm usually playing in a way so I don't attract the attention of arties. But still, once one of them decides to focus you, you're pretty much screwed.

The only way to avoid arty afaik is to not get spotted.

So if you have another way, can you please teach me?

Kohlebagger #48 Posted 08 May 2019 - 04:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18882 battles
1 sure way to stop stunlock would be to eradicate XVM completly. if your number is purple and the enemy has 3 clickers you are getting bombarded for 15 minutes straight

DeadLecter #49 Posted 08 May 2019 - 05:19 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30298 battles

View PostLordMuffin, on 08 May 2019 - 03:28 PM, said:

The only way to avoid arty afaik is to not get spotted.

So if you have another way, can you please teach me?

There is way, but it only works against 1 or maybe 2 arties and I'm sure you already know it. 

You have to know the reload time of the arty, once he shoots, you are clear for 10~20 seconds. Then you back off and wait till he shoots again. But it is not necessary to do it all the time. Only when arty makes it his mission to ruin your battle.

Makroros_The_Arty_Magnet #50 Posted 19 May 2019 - 10:19 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20201 battles
  • [W__F] W__F
yeah gl with the "stun" missions now.

Asklepi0s #51 Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:29 AM

• 10358 battles
Thread is closed.
Please use the pinned
thread.

Also tagged with arty, arty nerf