arty arty nerf

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic

DuncaN_101 #21 Posted 02 May 2019 - 08:43 PM

Major

• Player
  • 55183 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
Someone is a little overstimulated it seems.

Cobra6 #22 Posted 03 May 2019 - 07:28 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16505 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostJauhesammutin, on 02 May 2019 - 01:21 PM, said:

Maybe you should move with your medium tank instead of sitting still for 80 seconds :trollface:

Well, if WoT maps were truly well made that would be possible. Unfortunately most key map locations are fairly small (1-2 arty shell splash radii wide) so if you want to have any direct impact on the game and not play reactionary all the time, you need to remain relatively static for prolonged periods of time.

Cobra 6

Jauhesammutin #23 Posted 03 May 2019 - 07:46 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23427 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

View PostCobra6, on 03 May 2019 - 06:28 AM, said:

Well, if WoT maps were truly well made that would be possible. Unfortunately most key map locations are fairly small (1-2 arty shell splash radii wide) so if you want to have any direct impact on the game and not play reactionary all the time, you need to remain relatively static for prolonged periods of time.

Cobra 6

It was more or less a joke. But there aren't really that many maps where you couldn't hide from arty. Unless you push to a spot where you can't retreat. Like behind the middle rock in Steppes

4nt #24 Posted 03 May 2019 - 08:20 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27353 battles
Hmm, I could almost swear that yesterday as I played Mauschen with spall liners I could notice t8 and t9 arty hitting me only from the stun? And even that when I was directly hit. No 100-200hp shaven each hit, even high caliber tds did nada with HE, did they boost spall liners?

MPV_11 #25 Posted 03 May 2019 - 08:50 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 33616 battles

View Post4nt, on 03 May 2019 - 07:20 AM, said:

Hmm, I could almost swear that yesterday as I played Mauschen with spall liners I could notice t8 and t9 arty hitting me only from the stun? And even that when I was directly hit. No 100-200hp shaven each hit, even high caliber tds did nada with HE, did they boost spall liners?

Yes they boosted the spall liners.

adameitas #26 Posted 03 May 2019 - 08:57 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 67433 battles
  • [LTTTT] LTTTT

View Postvixu, on 02 May 2019 - 05:10 PM, said:

so.... you got hit 3 times by tier X arty with reload time of 45 seconds.... while driving a med....

arty is evil....

and imagine how many skill and thinking arty player needed for that and dont forget to add that he needed one hand for that. What a Noob medium player.

m1x_angelico #27 Posted 03 May 2019 - 05:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24109 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO

So just to sum up. You, driving a medium tier X tank, got hit by a tier X arty with a 40+ sec reload 3 times, and all it took from you was 1000 HP?

From this we can make the following conclusions:

1.You are not happy with the nerf, in fact, it sounds like you will never be happy with any nerf. Arty tier X should be able to severely damage a tier X tank. The fact that this is no longer the case, makes arty one of the weakest classes dmg-wise, making it almost useless. So, instead of removing arty, which would raise many issues in the community, WH has made it almost ridiculously under-powered. Yet, certain players will not be happy until it is completely removed from the game. It seems you are one of these people. So, I would point you to an SPG mega thread and not to open new threads while there is a pinned threads for such discussions. If the intention instead was not to discuss SPGs but to draw attention to yourself, congratulations, you did just that, but not in a good way.

2.After 33007 matches, you either don't know how to play medium tanks or are either one of those perma campers, in which case my only regret is that the arty didnt ammo-rack you.

Dr_Blackshark #28 Posted 03 May 2019 - 07:06 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14296 battles
In his defense, when i start focusing a target with arty, shoud it be a HT, mt, td, or a lt, i always try to follow him. If it takes 5-6 shots from me to take him out, then so be it.

Kohlebagger #29 Posted 03 May 2019 - 08:06 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18890 battles

Are you sure that Arta got nerfed?

I see more clickers than ever. Almost 3 per team in every game now and the dmg is as high as ever.

DeadLecter #30 Posted 03 May 2019 - 08:43 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30298 battles
Well I was not lucky today and a CGC penetrated my poor WZ 1-4 for 1100 damage. That shell landed right on my engine deck and then set me on fire. It was a really unpleasant game. BTW people are testing the new arty and almost every battle has 3 arties. Things should go back to normal soon.

Maschinenkanone #31 Posted 03 May 2019 - 09:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 42727 battles
  • [MBEV] MBEV

I agree with the op. The nerf is still not enough.

When do they finally exclude that crap from pvp and let them only play against bots with all the buffs they want. Problem solved for everyone.

Edited by Maschinenkanone, 03 May 2019 - 09:17 PM.

the_nebuchadnezzar #32 Posted 03 May 2019 - 09:23 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52672 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
A T92 hit my JgPzE100 today for 450 dmg. Problem is the shot also set me on fire, which is weird. Anyway... I wish WG will hurry up and rework the arty missions that are based on stunt. Right now, they are next to impossible.

VonniVidiVici #33 Posted 03 May 2019 - 09:44 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38295 battles
I played some games in arty last night to see if the "nerf" actually had an impact. Held my shots when allied SPG's had just stunned a bunch of tanks in the area I was aiming at, fired when it was 1-2 seconds from running out. Business as usual on my end, near perma-stun for team red. Working as intended I'm sure.

MPV_11 #34 Posted 04 May 2019 - 03:58 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 33616 battles

View Postm1x_angelico, on 03 May 2019 - 04:04 PM, said:

So just to sum up. You, driving a medium tier X tank, got hit by a tier X arty with a 40+ sec reload 3 times, and all it took from you was 1000 HP?

From this we can make the following conclusions:

1.You are not happy with the nerf, in fact, it sounds like you will never be happy with any nerf. Arty tier X should be able to severely damage a tier X tank. The fact that this is no longer the case, makes arty one of the weakest classes dmg-wise, making it almost useless. So, instead of removing arty, which would raise many issues in the community, WH has made it almost ridiculously under-powered. Yet, certain players will not be happy until it is completely removed from the game. It seems you are one of these people. So, I would point you to an SPG mega thread and not to open new threads while there is a pinned threads for such discussions. If the intention instead was not to discuss SPGs but to draw attention to yourself, congratulations, you did just that, but not in a good way.

2.After 33007 matches, you either don't know how to play medium tanks or are either one of those perma campers, in which case my only regret is that the arty didnt ammo-rack you.

Wow some people take themselves way too seriously! Problems in your personal life? Wife left you (I know that's a bit of a stretch that females might be attracted to you but I thought I would throw it in)? No friends? Or just a run of the mill a**r***l* that hangs around the forums like a bad smell?

And boy you really are good at this conclusion business. My very expensive psychiatrist doesn't understand me half as well and I've been seeing him for years (that's sarcasm by the way as I find that a lot of pompous asses like you don't have good social skills).

Great summary btw - almost what I said but you still screwed it up even with my words to work with (arty didn't actually hit me they were near misses - I know I'm being picky and it may seem a minor detail but if you made one teeny weeny mistake perhaps you made some other major ones in your mini diatribe)?

And I must have missed the bit that made you moderator in chief that you can tell me where I can and cannot post threads (and it looks as though a moderator has already been over this thread and decided not to move it - yet...)

I could go into an in-depth rebuttal of your comments point by point but to be quite honest I can't be a*s**d and no one is remotely interested (not even me)

Zylon0 #35 Posted 05 May 2019 - 10:14 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 9649 battles

View PostMaschinenkanone, on 03 May 2019 - 08:16 PM, said:

I agree with the op. The nerf is still not enough.

When do they finally exclude that crap from pvp and let them only play against bots with all the buffs they want. Problem solved for everyone.

So what classes do you play in WOT? Would you like it if they nerfed it into the ground patch after patch?

Just because you do not like arty no one else can enjoy it? You are selfish.

Tom_Deekanarry #36 Posted 05 May 2019 - 10:18 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11364 battles
I don't see how arty is any more annoying than massive alpha TD's or super heavy tanks!

Vitasik737 #37 Posted 05 May 2019 - 12:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 37829 battles
  • [ANUBI] ANUBI

View PostMPV_11, on 02 May 2019 - 02:17 PM, said:

This new arty nerf is great! T92 HMC takes over 1000 hp off of my Cent AX with 3 shots, none of which actually hit me. But on the positive side, I was barely stunned at all!

well this is not only problem, the problem is also that it shoots without dmg and u get stunned for 20 seconds that is stupid, and it can be performed through the building, again wg does not think before they do something

FrantisekBascovansky #38 Posted 05 May 2019 - 12:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22747 battles

View PostKohlebagger, on 03 May 2019 - 08:06 PM, said:

Are you sure that Arta got nerfed?

I see more clickers than ever. Almost 3 per team in every game now and the dmg is as high as ever.

I have slightly different experience from yesterday.

Tier 8-9-10 matches, usually 0 to 1 arty per team.

Tier 5-6, usually 2 to 3 per team.

I presume high tier SPGs are unplayable right now.

BKatt #39 Posted 05 May 2019 - 12:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36745 battles

One of the major issues with arty for me, is currently the cap of 3.

0-1 arty cap, would make it alot more bareble.

Ofcourse it wouldnt fix the problems with arty, but it be alot less in-your-face.

m1x_angelico #40 Posted 05 May 2019 - 01:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24109 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO

View PostMPV_11, on 04 May 2019 - 03:58 PM, said:

Wow some people take themselves way too seriously! Problems in your personal life? Wife left you (I know that's a bit of a stretch that females might be attracted to you but I thought I would throw it in)? No friends? Or just a run of the mill a**r***l* that hangs around the forums like a bad smell?

And boy you really are good at this conclusion business. My very expensive psychiatrist doesn't understand me half as well and I've been seeing him for years (that's sarcasm by the way as I find that a lot of pompous asses like you don't have good social skills).

Great summary btw - almost what I said but you still screwed it up even with my words to work with (arty didn't actually hit me they were near misses - I know I'm being picky and it may seem a minor detail but if you made one teeny weeny mistake perhaps you made some other major ones in your mini diatribe)?

And I must have missed the bit that made you moderator in chief that you can tell me where I can and cannot post threads (and it looks as though a moderator has already been over this thread and decided not to move it - yet...)

I could go into an in-depth rebuttal of your comments point by point but to be quite honest I can't be a*s**d and no one is remotely interested (not even me)

Although I did not in any way mean to invalidate your view that you dont like arty and think it best excluded from the game (where there are quite a few players that feel exactly the same), it seems that my comments hit the spot, so to speak.

I understand your need to lash out, however, ultimately this will not make you feel better. Instead, addressing your issues will - starting from the need for attention (posting this outside of SPG discussion thread), need to insult others that dont agree with your viewpoint, inability to take constructive criticism, issues with perceived authority (me saying that you should post in a mega thread) and don't even get me started on transference regarding assumed personal issues, etc. I think that you and your very expensive psychiatrist have a lot to talk about. Feel free to share my comment and your response. Your response alone will give you two enough to talk about for several sessions. I understand and forgive you for your comments and hope you get well soon.

Also tagged with arty, arty nerf

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users