Arty or No Arties?

Fun Arty Matchmaking Opinions?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

Poll: Artillery Poll (120 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

What do you want, No Arties or Arties included?

1. Artilleries make the game more fun (51 votes [42.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.50%

2. Artilleries make the game less fun (14 votes [11.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.67%

3. Artilleries absolutely ruin the fun (55 votes [45.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.83%

Vote Hide poll

Blubba #41 Posted 19 May 2019 - 06:37 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 58426 battles

View Postfriedeggnchips, on 19 May 2019 - 01:26 PM, said:

This is the most ludicrous statement I have ever read.

You are saying that the elected candidate, who has been voted for by the majority (more than 50%) of the people that voted does not represent the majority...

if that is one of the fundamentals of the voting system then I guess all the Presidents across the globe are false.

You think that's ludicrous?

The current president living in a big pale house in some state where they Wash in a ton of stuff got nearly 3 million votes less than his opponent and yet won the election.

Just saying...

Edited by Blubba, 19 May 2019 - 06:37 PM.

VonniVidiVici #42 Posted 19 May 2019 - 06:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38295 battles

View PostBlubba, on 19 May 2019 - 06:37 PM, said:

You think that's ludicrous?

The current president living in a big pale house in some state where they Wash in a ton of stuff got nearly 3 million votes less than his opponent and yet won the election.

Just saying...

That's 'murrka though; they don't have an actual democracy and exist solely to provide the rest of us with entertainment in the form of a reality-horror-comedy show the likes of which has never been seen before.

TheComfyChair #43 Posted 19 May 2019 - 07:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8628 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Why are arty called clickers?

Because they press the mouse button to fire.

So how does everyone else fire...…

Errrmmm they press the mouse button. 

YOU ARE ALL CLICKERS 

Jigabachi #44 Posted 19 May 2019 - 10:01 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postfriedeggnchips, on 19 May 2019 - 01:22 PM, said:

So we shouldnt consider presidential elections as realistic statistics because only 60% of the population votes?

Your logic amazes me.

I'm bad at math, but I think that 60% is a tiny bit more than <1%. I find that amazing, too.

And yes, elections with only 60% participation are quite questionable. Especially when you have some serious change in politics, like the uprising of stupid right wing parties that easily attract the stupid masses.

View PostZlatanArKung, on 19 May 2019 - 12:02 PM, said:

Which is how all polls work.

A valid objection would be who are in the sample and not the size of the sample.

The size of the sample is just as important as the quality. Check all the arty polls we got here over the past few years - it's a complete back and forth, depending on the quality and bias of the poll.

friedeggnchips #45 Posted 19 May 2019 - 10:10 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2556 battles
  • [BRIT6] BRIT6

View PostJigabachi, on 19 May 2019 - 09:01 PM, said:

I'm bad at math, but I think that 60% is a tiny bit more than <1%. I find that amazing, too.

And yes, elections with only 60% participation are quite questionable. Especially when you have some serious change in politics, like the uprising of stupid right wing parties that easily attract the stupid masses.

The size of the sample is just as important as the quality. Check all the arty polls we got here over the past few years - it's a complete back and forth, depending on the quality and bias of the poll.

No, it is back and forth depending on how arty is performing against other players at that time. You are saying that of the millions of surveys conducted worldwide, they are absolutely inaccurate and do not represent the majority, because not every single person has voted?

Also saying that only 1% or less of the WOT community is insane. 

SoupFork #46 Posted 20 May 2019 - 09:58 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10396 battles

A small but loud, vocal, minority who claim to speak for “the majority/all” want arty removed. I respect your opinion, but I have by now lost all respect for how you are trying to achieve this.

They incessantly push their agenda with daily pointless, heavily biased polls, questionable claims, unsubstantiated statistics and cry-threads, even though there’s a dedicated, pinned thread for it already.

Meanwhile, they are so insecure about the validity of their point that they constantly feel the need to exaggerate how many players hate arty and how horrible and hurty it makes everyone feel. And how almost all of their games are ruined by arty. 

If you disagree with them, you get insulted. Or teamkilled.

If you play arty, they happily TK you and openly applaud others who do.

They openly tell players to actively go out and kill arty.

If you try to objectively argue with them, they immediately resort to personal attacks and insults instead of arguing the point.

They assert arty should be removed because it targets them and victimizes them. They want a safe space and the authorities to protect them from getting their feelings hurt by removing the trigger.

Sound familiar yet? 

Yep, In the real world that would be called ideological extremism.

Jigabachi #47 Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:06 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postfriedeggnchips, on 19 May 2019 - 10:10 PM, said:

No, it is back and forth depending on how arty is performing against other players at that time. You are saying that of the millions of surveys conducted worldwide, they are absolutely inaccurate and do not represent the majority, because not every single person has voted?

Also saying that only 1% or less of the WOT community is insane. 

You should be careful with the conclusions you draw from people's posts, you completely mix up stuff and put words into their mouths that they never said.

Asklepi0s #48 Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:27 AM

• 10364 battles
Thread is closed please use the pinned thread.

Also tagged with Fun, Arty, Matchmaking, Opinions?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users