Jump to content


Rework the Turrets.


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

The_Naa #1 Posted 03 May 2019 - 02:18 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 7260 battles
  • 1,154
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

Hello :)

 

I am Suggesting a complete rework on turret stats, to give both turrets in a tank a reason to be selected.

M4 Sherman is a good example of what i mean with this:

Spoiler

So is WZ-111 model 1-4:

Spoiler

 

 

T-34 for example is Part of the norm:

Spoiler

 

So i suggest that every turret should be reworked to give both a solid reason to be used, one has more Armor and the other more view Range.

HP boost could be halved. for example M4 Sherman has 400 HP on stock turret and 460 on top turret, so it should have 430 HP regardless which one you use.

 

these could be the ''Trade offs* in the turrets: Armor, View Range and maybe Hit Points.

and all guns should be available for both turrets.

 

this would bring a lot more variation to Tank builds and frankly i would like that. :)

 

 

there are however some tanks that dont benefit one pit from this and there are some Bizarre example of turret magic.

Spoiler

 

Mount a Machine gun on the roof and it gives you the ability to mount better guns. :facepalm:

its not a turret upgrade, its just going to nearest depot and getting yourself a AA-MG. :teethhappy:



Geno1isme #2 Posted 03 May 2019 - 03:24 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 47375 battles
  • 10,217
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    09-03-2013

No thanks. There is already more than enough variation with over 400 tanks, some with multiple very different gun options. Really don't need more guesswork.

 

Also the nominal turret armor stats don't necessarily correspond with the effective armor in practice. While the Wz-111-1-4 stock turret has 19mm more frontal armor on paper, in practice the effective armor is actually about 100mm worse. So your examples aren't very good.



Tyburn #3 Posted 03 May 2019 - 03:35 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 13015 battles
  • 247
  • Member since:
    03-19-2012
I like this idea. More variety. More choices. A reason to not just skip stock turrets etc ... Can only be a good thing.

The_Naa #4 Posted 03 May 2019 - 03:37 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 7260 battles
  • 1,154
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

View PostGeno1isme, on 03 May 2019 - 03:24 PM, said:

No thanks. There is already more than enough variation with over 400 tanks, some with multiple very different gun options. Really don't need more guesswork.

i dont think there is enough, all the little details are counted when i design my tank loadout and playstyle.

 

View PostGeno1isme, on 03 May 2019 - 03:24 PM, said:

 

Also the nominal turret armor stats don't necessarily correspond with the effective armor in practice. While the Wz-111-1-4 stock turret has 19mm more frontal armor on paper, in practice the effective armor is actually about 100mm worse. So your examples aren't very good.

i dont know what to tell you. :unsure:

Spoiler
Spoiler

 



Laatikkomafia #5 Posted 03 May 2019 - 03:50 PM

    Major General

  • Beta Tester
  • 23265 battles
  • 5,069
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    12-27-2010

Out of the tanks I have ground, I have used the stock turret with two of them.

 

The Jumbo Sherman, as it had good armor and could fit the 105mm.

KV-4, as I didn't want to spend any free XP with that.. special box of fun.

 

Yet 99 times out of 100, I'd pick the elite turret, as they tend to give the best gun stats and the highest view range.



xx984 #6 Posted 03 May 2019 - 04:00 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 62538 battles
  • 3,097
  • [MVPS] MVPS
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013

View PostThe_Naa, on 03 May 2019 - 02:37 PM, said:

i dont think there is enough, all the little details are counted when i design my tank loadout and playstyle.

 

i dont know what to tell you. :unsure:

Spoiler
Spoiler

 

 

nice you can cherry pic tiny parts of the gun mantle;

 

i dont know what to tell you.

 



The_Naa #7 Posted 03 May 2019 - 04:01 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 7260 battles
  • 1,154
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

View PostLaatikkomafia, on 03 May 2019 - 03:50 PM, said:

Out of the tanks I have ground, I have used the stock turret with two of them.

 

The Jumbo Sherman, as it had good armor and could fit the 105mm.

KV-4, as I didn't want to spend any free XP with that.. special box of fun.

those are good examples.

View PostLaatikkomafia, on 03 May 2019 - 03:50 PM, said:

 

Yet 99 times out of 100, I'd pick the elite turret, as they tend to give the best gun stats and the highest view range.

thats also one reason why i suggested this rework. There is no reason to use the stock turret if the elite turret is just flat out better.

15:06 Added after 5 minutes

View Postxx984, on 03 May 2019 - 04:00 PM, said:

 

nice you can cherry pic tiny parts of the gun mantle;

 

i dont know what to tell you.

 

That is a smaller surface area than that what is on the elite turret.

Spoiler

 



WindSplitter1 #8 Posted 03 May 2019 - 04:55 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 18883 battles
  • 3,343
  • [DTPT] DTPT
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

View PostGeno1isme, on 03 May 2019 - 02:24 PM, said:

No thanks. There is already more than enough variation with over 400 tanks, some with multiple very different gun options. Really don't need more guesswork.

 

Also the nominal turret armor stats don't necessarily correspond with the effective armor in practice. While the Wz-111-1-4 stock turret has 19mm more frontal armor on paper, in practice the effective armor is actually about 100mm worse. So your examples aren't very good.

 

Sherman Jumbo says "Hi".

 

Also, enough variation? If there's "enough variation" why do we keep seeing the same vehicles over and over?

 

The prolly not. OP does raise a good point even if the examples could've been better. A vehicle should not be competitive just going thru the €€€ route and free XP everything to Elite status.

 

The Jumbo is an example that a stock vehicle can be quite competitive while even having the corresponding disadvantages of remaining stock, which all vehicles should be like, IMHO.



Balc0ra #9 Posted 03 May 2019 - 05:28 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 71510 battles
  • 19,975
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostThe_Naa, on 03 May 2019 - 04:01 PM, said:

That is a smaller surface area than that what is on the elite turret.
Spoiler

 

 

And yet the WZ elite turret doesn't have a massive top plate on the roof any 122mm gun can overmatch. It's why I did free XP mine, as the IS-3 one don't bounce much hull down vs tier 9 guns. And just because they have more armor listed, don't make them more effective as such. The new Swedish tier 9 med elite turret has less armor, but the impact angle is way higher, thus it can get that 70-degree impact angle that the stock one can't etc. Even with way less armor.

 

But... You have other cases like the Jumbo. That has a massively more armored turret stock then elite. Same with the 65t, that has a smaller profile and more effective cheek armor. I would mind that they had less view range etc. But in some cases, the HP difference at least should be the same. As more use the stock turret on the Jumbo then elite. Same with the 65t. You can't say that about the WZ or M4 tbh.



The_Naa #10 Posted 03 May 2019 - 05:37 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 7260 battles
  • 1,154
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

View PostBalc0ra, on 03 May 2019 - 05:28 PM, said:

 

And yet the WZ elite turret doesn't have a massive top plate on the roof any 122mm gun can overmatch. It's why I did free XP mine, as the IS-3 one don't bounce much hull down vs tier 9 guns. And just because they have more armor listed, don't make them more effective as such. The new Swedish tier 9 med elite turret has less armor, but the impact angle is way higher, thus it can get that 70-degree impact angle that the stock one can't etc. Even with way less armor.

 

But... You have other cases like the Jumbo. That has a massively more armored turret stock then elite. Same with the 65t, that has a smaller profile and more effective cheek armor. I would mind that they had less view range etc. But in some cases, the HP difference at least should be the same. As more use the stock turret on the Jumbo then elite. Same with the 65t. You can't say that about the WZ or M4 tbh.

 

honestly… M4 and WZ were the ones that i had in my garage and those were the turrets that i noticed had more armor than view range compared to the elite turret and that sparked this idea of mine.

sure i could have scrolled around longer in the Tech trees to find better examples, but well… i did not. :(

Spoiler

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users