Where do these mods stand in the Fairplay policy?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

xx984 #1 Posted 03 May 2019 - 09:59 PM

Major

• Player
  • 60473 battles
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL

As far as i know mods that tell you the exact reload of an enemy tank are forbidden, so where do these annoying spam mods in chat stand on that? As it tells the whole team the exact reload of the artillery, Which in theroy should be worse than one that only tells that specific player who has it, And as far as i saw i haven't seen anyone else talk about it. If i have missed it and its already been discussed sorry for the unneeded thread. 

Oh and these spam mods are just annoying af anyway 

Edited by xx984, 03 May 2019 - 10:01 PM.

Isharial #2 Posted 03 May 2019 - 10:33 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22144 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

as far as im aware, they only say the reload that the tank has without crew/equipment etc.. as your client has no way of knowing what the enemy tank has on it. ofc, I could be entirely wrong on that count, so im sure someone who runs that kind of mod will be along to say otherwise.

off-topic, I hate your minimap size! ts too big and annoy's the hell out of me as it doesn't match the interface on the otherside of the screen... :hiding: 

honestly, I have mine set to the smallest size (I think). it lines up with the tank box on left side. much more.. harmonious 

and those sixth sense bulbs :sceptic: 

Balc0ra #3 Posted 03 May 2019 - 10:36 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 70162 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

At one point the old mod to show what ammo type was used was even banned prior to changing it. As it showed hidden info. Inc what hit you. As we did not get that info back then. Now you do. So it's not hidden info anymore. 

iirc this was not seen as hidden info when it first did arrive and is still found in mod packs on the WG mod portal. As it's their base reload with that gun and a 100% crew. It won't take BIA and rammer etc into account. As you don't get that info from the server. And it's not shown in real time if you will like the other banned mod. Tho that was a year ago. And I can't see it listed on the recent fair play policy updates. Even the last one that added closest enemy contact arrow.

Edited by Balc0ra, 03 May 2019 - 10:38 PM.

xx984 #4 Posted 03 May 2019 - 10:37 PM

Major

• Player
  • 60473 battles
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL

View PostIsharial, on 03 May 2019 - 09:33 PM, said:

as far as im aware, they only say the reload that the tank has without crew/equipment etc.. as your client has no way of knowing what the enemy tank has on it. ofc, I could be entirely wrong on that count, so im sure someone who runs that kind of mod will be along to say otherwise.

off-topic, I hate your minimap size! ts too big and annoy's the hell out of me as it doesn't match the interface on the otherside of the screen... :hiding: 

honestly, I have mine set to the smallest size (I think). it lines up with the tank box on left side. much more.. harmonious 

and those sixth sense bulbs :sceptic: 

You may be right as it showing just the reload with no equipment etc. But isn't that also what the forbidden reload timer mods did? 

In regards to the map, I like it big and i've always had mine set to that size so i guess im used to it, makes it easy to just quickly glance over and see whats going on ;)

Captain_Kremen0 #5 Posted 03 May 2019 - 10:37 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 38418 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

First time i have seen advocate of a small minimap....

1ncompetenc3 #6 Posted 03 May 2019 - 10:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38064 battles

Pretty sure those mods just display the standard reload without taking into account crew level/skills, equipment etc.

View PostIsharial, on 03 May 2019 - 10:33 PM, said:

I hate your minimap size! ts too big

There's no such thing. Anything below maximum size is too small.

Captain_Kremen0 #7 Posted 03 May 2019 - 10:46 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 38418 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB
Upping the mini map turned me from a poor player to one who is distinctly less poor

Dorander #8 Posted 03 May 2019 - 10:50 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 20359 battles

View Post1ncompetenc3, on 03 May 2019 - 09:39 PM, said:

There's no such thing. Anything below maximum size is too small.

That's what she said!

About the actual minimap, anything that blocks too much of my view on the right hand side is too big.

View Postxx984, on 03 May 2019 - 09:37 PM, said:

You may be right as it showing just the reload with no equipment etc. But isn't that also what the forbidden reload timer mods did? 

In regards to the map, I like it big and i've always had mine set to that size so i guess im used to it

That, too, is what she said. Aaanyways.

I think the main problem of the overhead reload mods was the "overhead" part, you have this information available to you, live and counting down, on the enemies in your immediate vicinity. The messages, while I agree they are annoying, are probably legal because any player could forward that information in the same manner without you being constantly kept up-to-date of your threatening enemies' fire readyness, which in the overhead reload case could be a decision-making factor in whether you push forwards to take a shot or not. On a 30-35 second guesstimate factor for a player who might not even be aiming at you, that decision-making factor is nowhere similar.

Is it a bit arbitrary, yes, is there a clear difference in seriousness between the impact of these mods, hell yes.

1ncompetenc3 #9 Posted 03 May 2019 - 10:53 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38064 battles

View PostDorander, on 03 May 2019 - 10:50 PM, said:

That's what she said!

About the actual minimap, anything that blocks too much of my view on the right hand side is too big.

That, too, is what she said. Aaanyways.

I think the main problem of the overhead reload mods was the "overhead" part, you have this information available to you, live and counting down, on the enemies in your immediate vicinity. The messages, while I agree they are annoying, are probably legal because any player could forward that information in the same manner without you being constantly kept up-to-date of your threatening enemies' fire readyness, which in the overhead reload case could be a decision-making factor in whether you push forwards to take a shot or not. On a 30-35 second guesstimate factor for a player who might not even be aiming at you, that decision-making factor is nowhere similar.

Is it a bit arbitrary, yes, is there a clear difference in seriousness between the impact of these mods, hell yes.

She's awfully talkative tonight. :P

Wrinkly #10 Posted 04 May 2019 - 04:17 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 47333 battles
I think the HP pools are more of a cheat.

7thSyndicate #11 Posted 04 May 2019 - 05:08 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 45418 battles
No idea, guess its standard reload information for dummys.. 

shikaka9 #12 Posted 04 May 2019 - 09:07 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 67247 battles
  • [SWM] SWM
Doping is not cheating in Russia .. oh sorry, mods is not cheating in soviet WoT :honoring:

If_I_Die_You_Die_Too #13 Posted 04 May 2019 - 09:15 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6070 battles

It loses WoT a lot of money

Who's going to pay money for a game stuffed with cheat mods?

I looked at WoWs out of interest and got a single premium but that's as far as I will ever go, the ship version takes up a lot of time compared to the tanks

At least with the tanks you can flip from game to game quite quickly

And who's going to take stats seriously in a game stuffed with cheat mods?

shikaka9 #14 Posted 04 May 2019 - 09:21 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 67247 battles
  • [SWM] SWM

View PostIf_I_Die_You_Die_Too, on 04 May 2019 - 08:15 AM, said:

It loses WoT a lot of money

Who's going to pay money for a game stuffed with cheat mods?

Kids, kids from the west :trollface: 

Homer_J #15 Posted 04 May 2019 - 11:07 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31398 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostIsharial, on 03 May 2019 - 10:33 PM, said:

off-topic, I hate your minimap size! ts too big

Errmmm what?

How can you see anything on the default size?  May as well turn it off.

View Postxx984, on 03 May 2019 - 09:59 PM, said:

As far as i know mods that tell you the exact reload of an enemy tank are forbidden, so where do these annoying spam mods in chat stand on that? As it tells the whole team the exact reload of the artillery, Which in theroy should be worse than one that only tells that specific player who has it, And as far as i saw i haven't seen anyone else talk about it. If i have missed it and its already been discussed sorry for the unneeded thread. 

I would certainly like to see them all banned.  For now I report for inappropriate behaviour in chat.

FatigueGalaxy #16 Posted 04 May 2019 - 06:54 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 20804 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View Postxx984, on 03 May 2019 - 10:37 PM, said:

In regards to the map, I like it big and i've always had mine set to that size so i guess im used to it, makes it easy to just quickly glance over and see whats going on ;)

AFAIK reload timer was... a timer. It counted seconds down to enemy reload while displaying it above enemy turrets. It counted reload time without equipment/skills/food but you still had pretty good idea when to withdraw.

So it's a timer vs information about reload time - it's pretty clear which one offers an advantage, especially when you could have a clear indication/warning that enemy is finishing reloading.

On the other hand, you can have reload times memorized, on the second display or even on a sheet of paper. This mod is also a big approximation because it displays the information after the hit.

This mod should be banned for different reasons:

1. It spams the chat.

2. Your team gets an information which they shouldn't get (which arty fired at you) unless you notice it yourself and type it in chat - so it's an action automatization. But it's kinda grey area since your team get an advantage instead of you (you already got hit by arty so you don't care but your team might use that information to create a push, move or attack, etc.).

Schepel #17 Posted 04 May 2019 - 07:27 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 63663 battles

View PostFatigueGalaxy, on 04 May 2019 - 06:54 PM, said:

AFAIK reload timer was... a timer. It counted seconds down to enemy reload while displaying it above enemy turrets. It counted reload time without equipment/skills/food but you still had pretty good idea when to withdraw.

So it's a timer vs information about reload time - it's pretty clear which one offers an advantage, especially when you could have a clear indication/warning that enemy is finishing reloading.

On the other hand, you can have reload times memorized, on the second display or even on a sheet of paper. This mod is also a big approximation because it displays the information after the hit.

This mod should be banned for different reasons:

1. It spams the chat.

2. Your team gets an information which they shouldn't get (which arty fired at you) unless you notice it yourself and type it in chat - so it's an action automatization. But it's kinda grey area since your team get an advantage instead of you (you already got hit by arty so you don't care but your team might use that information to create a push, move or attack, etc.).

Honestly, anything that imrpoves teamplay is a bonus, imho. I don't much care for automated messages, but this one seems fair.

On a slightly different note, I think the vanilla client should let people know who has been spotted during the game. Give players useful information that might help them to find the balls to move.

Indy_Bones #18 Posted 05 May 2019 - 10:31 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32612 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

It wouldn't be that much of an issue if you didn't know what was actually shooting at you, the idea of a tank communicating via radio to say it's been hit by artillery is perfectly feasible, the idea that they'd know WHICH artillery and how long its reload is, makes absolutely no sense (unless it's the only SPG in the game OFC).

I've never liked the addition of the markers which show you where you're being shot from, by what and with which round, it's an absolute joke that shouldn't have been a mod, never mind make it into the vanilla client. It was an indirect nerf to all camo based tanks (e.g. T67, UDES etc) and should be removed IMHO.

Body_Count #19 Posted 05 May 2019 - 05:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 63627 battles
  • [322] 322

View Postxx984, on 03 May 2019 - 08:59 PM, said:

eeeh... I'm certanly not going to complain against someone using a mod that tells me when I can expect to get hit by [edited]. So whoever the guy was with that mod... cheers ! keep up the good work!

Jauhesammutin #20 Posted 06 May 2019 - 12:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23206 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

View Postxx984, on 03 May 2019 - 09:37 PM, said:

The banned reload timer mod shows an actual reload timer for enemy vehicles and not just the full reload time.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users