So it clearly doesnt work

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

The_Unionfather #1 Posted 04 May 2019 - 04:48 AM

Private

• Player
  • 39577 battles
  • [RINSE] RINSE
Getting pushed out from cover at the start of the game trying to get some shot  on a light. When fv pushes me i end up on top of a stone falling down on top of him doing massive amount of ramming damage. all of a sudden im blue and this is fair ?

Edited by The_Unionfather, 04 May 2019 - 04:48 AM.

7thSyndicate #2 Posted 04 May 2019 - 05:09 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 45418 battles
working as intended

Edited by 7thSyndicate, 04 May 2019 - 05:10 AM.

SuNo_TeSLa #3 Posted 04 May 2019 - 05:18 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 42895 battles
  • [SWEPH] SWEPH
It has gotten out of hand lately, got pushed into my death twice yesterday by tomatoes :(

wsatnutter #4 Posted 04 May 2019 - 06:33 AM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 26050 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
replays please from you both

TheJumpMaster #5 Posted 04 May 2019 - 07:23 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 49711 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSuNo_TeSLa, on 04 May 2019 - 06:18 AM, said:

It has gotten out of hand lately, got pushed into my death twice yesterday by tomatoes :(

Let me try and understand, you are playing a pixelized tank game and a fruit comes and pushes you to your death? And this happens twice, you say?? This poses quite a few questions.

1.  How can you die twice?? Are your initials JC, or are you one of those that believe in reincarnation?
  2. Why do your parents allow you to play computer games so close to a precipice? I think that the relevant agencies should be alerted, and quickly before you die a third time.
  3. I haven't had too many encounters with murderous fruit. Are they that stealthy that you cannot hear them approach?

I have many more questions, but this should suffice, for now.

Jumpy

Blubba #6 Posted 04 May 2019 - 08:10 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 57981 battles

View PostThe_Unionfather, on 04 May 2019 - 03:48 AM, said:

Getting pushed out from cover at the start of the game trying to get some shot  on a light. When fv pushes me i end up on top of a stone falling down on top of him doing massive amount of ramming damage. all of a sudden im blue and this is fair ?

I'm sorry but just for clarification,

1) You were pushed out from cover where you end up on top of a stone doing massive amounts of ramming damage to it having fallen on it and you are now blue?

2) You were pushed out by the FV, falling on to a stone which you, (or the stone) then fell on top of the FV turning you blue?

3) You land on top of the light you were aiming at which turned you blue?

4) The impact with the FV turned you blue?

I think I covered all bases.

If_I_Die_You_Die_Too #7 Posted 04 May 2019 - 08:15 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6070 battles

One of the big issues of the game

Wargaming can't exclude the mentally ill, dangerously insane people and sociopaths

"I kicked the puppy because it deserved it" people

WoT is just like the real world, be careful out there

Had an OI trying to shove me off a cliff yesterday, only just survived

Edited by If_I_Die_You_Die_Too, 04 May 2019 - 08:25 AM.

TheJumpMaster #8 Posted 04 May 2019 - 08:26 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 49711 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostIf_I_Die_You_Die_Too, on 04 May 2019 - 09:15 AM, said:

One of the big issues of the game

Wargaming can't exclude the mentally ill, dangerously insane people and sociopaths

"I kicked the puppy because it deserved it" people

WoT is just like the real world, be careful out there

Had an OI trying to shove me off a cliff yesterday, only just survived

I tried to push an O-I over a cliff, with my T-50-2. For some reason it didn't work out - so I shot him (it was a red O-I)

If_I_Die_You_Die_Too #9 Posted 04 May 2019 - 08:39 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6070 battles

Just assume that your team mates are those swivel eyed funny looking unwashed twitchy blokes you get at at bus stops until they prove otherwise

spamhamstar #10 Posted 04 May 2019 - 08:55 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 64313 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY

View PostTheJumpMaster, on 04 May 2019 - 06:23 AM, said:

Let me try and understand, you are playing a pixelized tank game and a fruit comes and pushes you to your death? And this happens twice, you say?? This poses quite a few questions.

1.  How can you die twice?? Are your initials JC, or are you one of those that believe in reincarnation?
  2. Why do your parents allow you to play computer games so close to a precipice? I think that the relevant agencies should be alerted, and quickly before you die a third time.
  3. I haven't had too many encounters with murderous fruit. Are they that stealthy that you cannot hear them approach?

I have many more questions, but this should suffice, for now.

Jumpy

I don't think you've put nearly enough thought into this :D

1. He doesn't actually say that he died at all.  If you look he doesn't say that he was pushed "to" his death but pushed "into" it.  This suggests that "his death" could be an object or location & not a state of being at all.  It could well be a google translate issue, so perhaps he has issues with fruit pushing him into his coffin or halloween costume repeatedly? Apparently "curtains" is also a synonym for "death", although I have no idea why, but that's what google says.  This suggests it may not be that serious an issue after all.

2. He doesn't state that he was playing any games at the time of the attack or even that he was at the edge of a cliff.  In fact he doesn't mention his location at all.  Perhaps he was on a tomato farm/factory?

3.  He clearly uses the plural for tomato which suggests that there were multiple offenders or possibly even a whole gang of them.  This would make sense if he was indeed in a tomato farm/factory or even just in the wrong part of a supermarket.  It could well be his own fault if he's hanging around in high risk environments.

All in all, I certainly think this warrants further investigation, but it probably belongs in the off topic section :honoring:

TheJumpMaster #11 Posted 04 May 2019 - 09:56 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 49711 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postspamhamstar, on 04 May 2019 - 09:55 AM, said:

I don't think you've put nearly enough thought into this :D

1. He doesn't actually say that he died at all.  If you look he doesn't say that he was pushed "to" his death but pushed "into" it.  This suggests that "his death" could be an object or location & not a state of being at all.  It could well be a google translate issue, so perhaps he has issues with fruit pushing him into his coffin or halloween costume repeatedly? Apparently "curtains" is also a synonym for "death", although I have no idea why, but that's what google says.  This suggests it may not be that serious an issue after all.

2. He doesn't state that he was playing any games at the time of the attack or even that he was at the edge of a cliff.  In fact he doesn't mention his location at all.  Perhaps he was on a tomato farm/factory?

3.  He clearly uses the plural for tomato which suggests that there were multiple offenders or possibly even a whole gang of them.  This would make sense if he was indeed in a tomato farm/factory or even just in the wrong part of a supermarket.  It could well be his own fault if he's hanging around in high risk environments.

All in all, I certainly think this warrants further investigation, but it probably belongs in the off topic section :honoring:

Thank you for your time and efforts to correct me. This indeed deserves an in-depth investigation. I am, eagerly, awaiting the required replays.

Bordhaw #12 Posted 04 May 2019 - 10:55 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 13572 battles

WindSplitter1 #13 Posted 04 May 2019 - 11:15 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18728 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

Hello, Unionfather.

First of all, sorry to see you go.

To answer your question, no. It isn't fair but that's how the automatec system works.

A tank can wedge himself behind a Swedish TD so as to elevate their hull and make it sit on top of it = this makes both tanks damage each other but since the SWE TD is on top, he is held responsible for inflicting damage.

Vehicles damaged like this have a peculiar issue... Each HP counts as an individual strike and since you only need 3 hits to turn blue.. yep. Exactly: the longer you are on top of the ally, the more likely it is for you to turn blue and get banned.

Claus Kellerman - "The Biggest ***hole" Series - features a lot of these examples.

But since he pushed you around, you can try submitting a replay to the CSC. The trick is to be nice and carefully explain what happened, how it happened and when it happened. They have more things to do than watch replays as you probably can guess, but I believe this can be counted as an exploiting of the automated system. They probably won't be able to do anything about your "blueness" but might ban the user who trolled you.

I'd suggest playing Light Tanks or Heavy Tanks for a while, since those are less likely to result in team damage. Avoid support classes (TD or clicker).

@the rest of you guys, is it that hard to provide helpful advice? It's not like the OP is asking you to sever your arms and ship it to his location.

Edited by WindSplitter1, 04 May 2019 - 11:16 AM.

mpf1959 #14 Posted 04 May 2019 - 12:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23079 battles
The ability to kill a team mate, either by accident, or on purpose surely must be one of the greatest features of this game! I mean, can you imagine not being able to kill you're team-mates, either by accident, or deliberately? What kind of lunatic wants a game like that? Team-killing, Wargamings finest hour. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users