Is someone other than me is annoyed at the new WOT's mechanics that leads to mass destruction of...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

MadManEnchev #1 Posted 04 May 2019 - 07:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7211 battles
At the risk WOT's moderators to blocking me, I will still write because this thing can no longer be tolerated. Have you noticed lately that random battles almost always end with a great numerical superiority for one team and total destruction of the other. In these games, you often can not penetrate anything, even shooting two tiers under you and on the green - even your crew skills don't matter. WOT just decided that the whole team should die as quickly as possible. Unbelievable camouflage of the opposing team. Two people in one of the games were fired from a tank 10 meters away from them and they could not see either from where or who shot them. I, for example, in one of these games of total destruction shot tank from such close range, that hole indicator was on him, and NO ONE from three shots was hit it. I'll start making videos and show them here, but I'm afraid they will block my account as revenge. WOT's team seemingly trying to completely destroy the game - why they are doing this?!

Edited by MadManEnchev, 04 May 2019 - 07:09 PM.

BravelyRanAway #2 Posted 04 May 2019 - 07:14 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24211 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostMadManEnchev, on 04 May 2019 - 06:05 PM, said:

At the risk WOT's moderators to blocking me, 

Hero.

Bracciano_gatto #3 Posted 04 May 2019 - 07:39 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2906 battles

Mechanics are fine.

OP, I suggest http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/World_of_Tanks

more specifically http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Battle_Mechanics#Visibility

and http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Battle_Mechanics#Aiming

lots of other info in those pages ...

Also, I would suggest, as this is a number's game:

• Battles survived 372 (6.64%): it seems you rush alone and die way too fast quite often, that does NOT help your team, learn to relax, slow down and use the minimap   to understand how the battle is developping
  • Damage ratio 0.46: you deal out only 46% of the damage received. In order to contribute to your team you need, rule of thumb, to do at least the same damage as the tank your are in. Your tank has 600HP, you should do 600+ damage. Again, its a general rule there are exceptions.
  • Destruction ratio 0.37: for each tank you kill you get get killed nearly 3 times; see above, the Rush and Die thing as well as the damage you do.

Again, this is only a numbers game; do more damage than you receive and you will greatly contribute to your team's successes.

And since you can NOT control what the 14 others in your team will do, even if you ping the map 5 billion times, using the minimap to try to understand where they will go or what they will do is crucial, even more so, up to a point, than knowing exactly what the red team does.

Keep on tanking and good luck out there !

Edited by Bracciano_gatto, 04 May 2019 - 07:56 PM.

MeetriX #4 Posted 04 May 2019 - 09:24 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 23152 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE
What new mechanics?

Nishi_Kinuyo #5 Posted 04 May 2019 - 10:25 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 8834 battles
  • [GUP] GUP
Have you tried gitting gud?

Pansenmann #6 Posted 05 May 2019 - 12:46 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 35983 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMeetriX, on 04 May 2019 - 09:24 PM, said:

What new mechanics?

he probably means the "cascade effect"

but I am not sure if "they" changed some code involving that. :ohmy:

MeetriX #7 Posted 05 May 2019 - 01:10 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 23152 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

I did not find anything about the new mechanics.

https://www.globalre...re-they/5527618

So it must be true.

Bordhaw #8 Posted 05 May 2019 - 09:01 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14521 battles

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 04 May 2019 - 09:25 PM, said:

Have you tried gitting gud?

I cannot find the Wiki on that mechanic ? 

4nt #9 Posted 05 May 2019 - 09:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28260 battles

View PostBracciano_gatto, on 04 May 2019 - 07:39 PM, said:

This.

Unless you can be more specific about this "new mechanic", since others do not seem to be able to quantify or detect such thing, maybe also check "snowball effect"?

In short, in team game where there are both team members dropping out by actions of opposing team, and no chance of returning to round they were dropped from, there occasionally happens that one side loses critical players (skill/equipment/position) that gives extreme edge to the other team. Dodgeball is one example. In WoT the abovementioned skill/eq/pos is even more pronounciated, since 2-tier spread exabarates the issue, although latest MM changes make that more uncommon. 

Among what Bracciano said, there's also the skill of minimizing RNG. When positioning is covered (most useful skill IMHO), the reading of enemy movement by minimap familiarity, and knowledge of tank capabilities, comes the RNG management. Most what I've seen people think it's just spamming gold to autopen. Sorry, doesn't work that way. Gold is about minimizing RNG, a small portion of it. For times you have to pen and deal damage only. To secure a kill on low hp enemy most situations are better off with HE, minimizing possibility of bounce. If you have bad angle or small hitbox to shoot, better spare the shot, relocate, or bait. Etc. 

Homer_J #10 Posted 05 May 2019 - 09:39 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31782 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMadManEnchev, on 04 May 2019 - 07:05 PM, said:

Have you noticed lately that random battles almost always end with a great numerical superiority for one team 

No.

Because they don't.

And I challenge you to provide statistics to show otherwise.  The replay analyser here should help you do that.

08:41 Added after 2 minutes

Two people in one of the games were fired from a tank 10 meters away from them 

Replay or it didn't happen.

Balc0ra #11 Posted 06 May 2019 - 01:40 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 71567 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

At the risk WOT's moderators to blocking me, I will still write because this thing can no longer be tolerated. Have you noticed lately that random battles almost always end with a great numerical superiority for one team and total destruction of the other.

New mechanics? I suspect this is a tier rush issue, and a lack of understanding basic gameplay mechanics. As the only common factor in all those games are still you. And when you don't even average 390 damage, in a tank with 440 alpha damage pr shot. So you have several zero damage games in it. And you have done your own HP in damage in 10% of your 500 games in it. Is it the game then? Or the tank? Or you? My advice is simply to go back to tier 5 and watch WG's "how stuf works" videos. I'm sure you will pick up a thing or two. As again.. I suspect you rushed tiers you were not ready for more so then a WG change.

you often can not penetrate anything, even shooting two tiers under you and on the green - even your crew skills don't matter.

You should watch WG how ammo works video. It could be a mechanic issue. Do you know what impact angle gives you auto bounce on AP or HEAT? Or what happens to HEAT when it hits side skirts on even a lower tier tank? Trus me... watch that series.

Spoiler

Unbelievable camouflage of the opposing team. Two people in one of the games were fired from a tank 10 meters away from them and they could not see either from where or who shot them. I, for example, in one of these games of total destruction shot tank from such close range, that hole indicator was on him, and NO ONE from three shots was hit it. I'll start making videos and show them here, but I'm afraid they will block my account as revenge. WOT's team seemingly trying to completely destroy the game - why they are doing this?!

10m? I'm gonna say no. You are auto spotting anything 50m or closer. Even behind solid cover. So again I'm gonna say lack of basic mechanic understanding more so than a recent change. As if you are in a bush forest like on the 2 lane on Prokhorovka. You won't spot anything in front of you if you stay behind 20 double bushes like most do. Or push up it when you get spotted on your side. You won't see anything in front behind that much cover even 120m away. And you make videos. I'm sure someone will point more stuff out for you. 

Again watch their spotting videos, see if you can pick up on something new.

Spoiler

Sure we have bad RNG one game where we miss lots of shots at close range. But 24/7 like you? Can't say I have.

Edited by Balc0ra, 06 May 2019 - 01:52 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users