Excess garage slots - time WG did something

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

_DeadWolf #1 Posted 06 May 2019 - 09:37 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21679 battles
  • [B-MBT] B-MBT

Okay WoT has been around for 8 years now, 6 on console, in all that time players have been getting free garage slots here and there (And an unnecessarily INSANE amount on console to the point nobody ever needs to buy one anymore)

WG what exactly are you gonna do about excess garage slots? Some players like myself dont want to collect every single tank in game, and some players who do have every single tank that are easily acquired have more than enough slots to last the WoT games lifetime even with new lines being added... eventually you'll reach a limit as to how many vehicles can be introduced. So what happens then? 

At least give players who do not need an excess of garage slots in the 10s, 20s, 50s, even 100s, something to put the excess slots to better use. 10% compensation in gold, 50%-100% compensation in silver, whether its individual slots that can be sold or in only in bulk, ANYTHING would be better than accumulating a vast, unnecessary and unwanted number of garage slots.

It's little things like this that make the game just that little bit better... you know

Bordhaw #2 Posted 06 May 2019 - 09:42 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 13572 battles

View Post_DeadWolf, on 06 May 2019 - 08:37 PM, said:

Excess garage slots

BravelyRanAway #3 Posted 06 May 2019 - 09:48 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 23509 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
Perhaps WG should stop giving free stuff to moaners.

_DeadWolf #4 Posted 06 May 2019 - 10:01 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21679 battles
  • [B-MBT] B-MBT

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 06 May 2019 - 08:48 PM, said:

Are you for real? Seriously... cant have a sensible discussion on the forums these days without Edited like you jumping in and making pointless unnecessary comments

Edited by Asklepi0s, 07 May 2019 - 09:19 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Homer_J #5 Posted 06 May 2019 - 10:14 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31411 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
This is why we have been dumped in the woods, they aren't even proper garage slots any more, just a gap between the trees.

gpalsson #6 Posted 06 May 2019 - 10:27 PM

General

• Player
  • 24477 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
I want' more free stuff too.

BravelyRanAway #7 Posted 06 May 2019 - 10:34 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 23509 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Post_DeadWolf, on 06 May 2019 - 09:01 PM, said:

Are you for real? Seriously... cant have a sensible discussion on the forums these days without dumb trolls like you jumping in and making pointless unnecessary comments

This is a 'sensible' discussion?......I can tell you that your opinion and topic is subjective. You may want to read the rules about calling others trolls.

This topic is absolute nonsense...but that's just my opinion.

barison1 #8 Posted 06 May 2019 - 10:40 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41665 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

selling them for gold seems quite odd, as every single prem is also sold for credits and not in gold

selling garage slots for 40k which should be half the purchase price converted to credits could be fair option but not seeing much point in doing so myself

NekoPuffer_PPP #9 Posted 06 May 2019 - 11:01 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32887 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 06 May 2019 - 09:48 PM, said:

LOL yup once again, people complaining about having too much free stuff, 2nd thread today.

:facepalm:

_DeadWolf #10 Posted 06 May 2019 - 11:14 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21679 battles
  • [B-MBT] B-MBT
Wow... what a reception... assuming my post as mindless moaning and whinning... very mature...

I congratulate WG for their generosity when it comes to rewards for playing the game. However I'm actually STATING a fact that MANY players I've met over the years agree with, eventually garage slots will no longer be wanted or needed by the majority of long term veterans and when they are given as part of premium tank bundles or as a part of a reward along with other free goods then eventually more and more players will be wanting to do something with unwanted vacant slots.

My god did everyone have a crappy weekend or something? :facepalm:

Edited by _DeadWolf, 06 May 2019 - 11:16 PM.

WindSplitter1 #11 Posted 06 May 2019 - 11:53 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18728 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 06 May 2019 - 09:34 PM, said:

This is a 'sensible' discussion?......I can tell you that your opinion and topic is subjective. You may want to read the rules about calling others trolls.

This topic is absolute nonsense...but that's just my opinion.

View Post_DeadWolf, on 06 May 2019 - 10:14 PM, said:

Wow... what a reception... assuming my post as mindless moaning and whinning... very mature...

I congratulate WG for their generosity when it comes to rewards for playing the game. However I'm actually STATING a fact that MANY players I've met over the years agree with, eventually garage slots will no longer be wanted or needed by the majority of long term veterans and when they are given as part of premium tank bundles or as a part of a reward along with other free goods then eventually more and more players will be wanting to do something with unwanted vacant slots.

My god did everyone have a crappy weekend or something? :facepalm:

P2P players often will have a deficit of vehicles for the amount of garage slots available for them:

• Selling unwanted/redundant premium tanks
  • Reaching Tier X in multiple branches but keeping only one
  • Giving up/switching lines of a Nation

So, the OP does raise a valid point. I also fail to see why it is deserving of so much flak, even by WoT EU vitriol standards.

There's plenty of goods you will have no interest in keeping:

• "Special" Emblemts (WG, Twitch, and all non standard ones)
  • Garage slots, as per the OP
  • Barrack clusters
  • Useless premiums (as stated)
  • Personal Reserves (also mentioned a lot)

And so on...

If you're not gonna need them, then it makes sense to be able to sell these, as you are able to do so with old guns, running gear and turrets no longer suited to your vehicle or others you might research.

There's also no Marketplace on WoT - which is stupid for such a game tbh - to gift to another player that might find it more useful, meaning: you have to consume them yourselves or just lay it down = waste of "space" in the account, and I assume, not an IT expert - it's just more garbage to load when you boot the client or check a specific section. That you just have no need for.

I'd like to get rid of it as I will not use it. It's not rocket science.

This does not automatically mean the player suggesting so wants gold, silver, free XP - while nice, maybe they just want to get rid of the trash they're not even planning to use.

Sometimes, it is that simple, but apparently hard to believe.

Edited by WindSplitter1, 06 May 2019 - 11:58 PM.

7thSyndicate #12 Posted 07 May 2019 - 01:45 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 45440 battles
Crying about free stuff they give you, just shut up.

Balc0ra #13 Posted 07 May 2019 - 02:05 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 70166 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Gold compensation for something you got for free? I doubt they would add that. And if they did not give any free slots at all. Someone would complain then too. And 10, 30 gold might be nice for some paint if you need it. And the silver won't do much, as you get 20 to 50K boosts via merits and missions too for that to matter in the same way.  So personally I don't mind it. Nor do I suspect I would waste my free slots on so little gold or silver if I had the option.

On this account I bought 10 slots as I needed it 3 years ago as I only had 1 free slot. Now I have 31 free slots and 221 used slots. Not bought a single slot for over 3 years. On my f2p alt account, these free slots rewards are a godsend. So he is not complaining. Nor is my main. Even with 31 free slots. I don't have to think about it when I get a new tank... ever.

View Post_DeadWolf, on 06 May 2019 - 11:14 PM, said:

I congratulate WG for their generosity when it comes to rewards for playing the game. However I'm actually STATING a fact that MANY players I've met over the years agree with, eventually garage slots will no longer be wanted or needed by the majority of long term veterans

Well, you could say the same about all the free equipment, food and other stuff you get of late in. I have over 500 normal and premium extinguishers from FL and merits etc. Sure I have the option to sell all of that unlike garage slots. But does it really bother you that much that you have free slots? If you sold most of them and suddenly you got no new slots for a bit for free. Would you complain then or buy new slots when needed? As I suspect then... others would complain too. I guess my point as always is... regardless of what WG do... or don't do. They won't win with everyone regardless. 

BravelyRanAway #14 Posted 07 May 2019 - 07:12 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 23509 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostWindSplitter1, on 06 May 2019 - 10:53 PM, said:

There's also no Marketplace on WoT - which is stupid for such a game tbh - 

That is actually a good thing, a Marketplace would increase the risk of account hacking and fraud. The game is better off without such a thing.

kaneloon #15 Posted 07 May 2019 - 07:45 AM

Major

• Player
  • 30022 battles
  • [FR2DB] FR2DB

Many slots were not really free but within boxes or part of packages, with prem tanks. So I agree selling them should be possible, even more than prem tanks.

250swb #16 Posted 07 May 2019 - 08:06 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 23230 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I have over 200 free garage slots and there aren't more than a 70 tanks in all the tech trees that I haven't got, so yes, I don't need them and I don't want them so why the frick shouldn't I be able to sell some?

Suurpolskija #17 Posted 07 May 2019 - 08:24 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22028 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

After my first couple of months in this game I haven't really considered garage or barracks slots something of real money value. They're just something you get from missions and used to make me manage my garage and consider my purchases. When ever I'd get a new garage slot from some special, I'd be delighted because that allows me to start a new line. 

Atm I have 8 garage slots to spare. I've been buying some tanks I used to consider "keepers" back and that way have been filling my garage. T71 Da, Skoda T50, Amx Elc Bis (I know right). 

To sell them? Why? I didn't pay anything for them. Maybe some silver value, but I don't really see the point. Wargaming would never give gold for them since they're also available free. Nor should they. 

So yeah, I don't think you thought this through. Or we just disagree. Anyways, I don't agree. 

Richthoffen #18 Posted 07 May 2019 - 08:28 AM

Major

• Player
  • 29037 battles
  • [MS-] MS-

53 tanks and 3 free slots left, never sold a gift tank, not playing any of them and still I have o problem finding the tanks I regularly play amongst them.

that said, why OP do you have a problem or maybe corrected, why do those extra free slots bother you?

is it for the credits or free gold you hope to get?

same goes for the already mentioned personal reserves, got 99+ but mostly forget to activate, they don't bother me either  

Wintermute_1 #19 Posted 07 May 2019 - 09:26 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47847 battles
WG keeps giving me credits which I don't use, I have over 40M of the things now, they should really give me something for all this stuff they keep heaping on me.... Compensation in the form of credits is acceptable.

Edited by Wintermute_1, 07 May 2019 - 09:27 AM.

kaneloon #20 Posted 07 May 2019 - 10:36 AM

Major

• Player
  • 30022 battles
  • [FR2DB] FR2DB

I must have 50 slots I'll never use, so selling them for whatever the price would be ok.

This feature is harmless enough, I don't see why some would mind.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users