Jump to content


Casual...maybe below...average player...now. I hear you!


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

MulkQvist_Fi #1 Posted 08 May 2019 - 09:11 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 38934 battles
  • 156
  • [1ST2D] 1ST2D
  • Member since:
    12-28-2013

Yeah, set my mind to grind the Emil 2 from stock. Actually grinding for a long time now. But with 3 skills crew.

 

AND IT ALL CAME BACK TO ME....

 

It's a really shitty thing to do, even for an average player like me. Tried my best with the stock gun, spamming gold as I had the money.

 

Frankly it was really awfull. No matter what I did, a streak of looses.

 

So my suggestion for us more experienced players, let's have a silent moment for those grinding their first tier X tanks, with no money.

 

So, there's no OP, just stock.

 

Keep it up mates. Sometimes it gets better, maybe....



FrantisekBascovansky #2 Posted 08 May 2019 - 09:28 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21505 battles
  • 456
  • Member since:
    03-26-2018

View PostMulkQvist_Fi, on 08 May 2019 - 09:11 PM, said:

Tried my best with the stock gun, spamming gold as I had the money.

 

 

Maybe freexp and standard ammo would do the job?

MulkQvist_Fi #3 Posted 08 May 2019 - 09:59 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 38934 battles
  • 156
  • [1ST2D] 1ST2D
  • Member since:
    12-28-2013

View PostFrantisekBascovansky, on 08 May 2019 - 09:28 PM, said:

 

Maybe freexp and standard ammo would do the job?

 

A player of your magnitude and amount of plays? Rly!? No mercy for the rest? That's simply toxic!

Edited by MulkQvist_Fi, 08 May 2019 - 09:59 PM.


StahlWotan #4 Posted 08 May 2019 - 11:51 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 985 battles
  • 33
  • Member since:
    11-27-2018

View PostMulkQvist_Fi, on 08 May 2019 - 09:11 PM, said:

Keep it up mates. Sometimes it gets better, maybe....

 

Yes it will. The great question is though, better for WG or better for players ? 

UrQuan #5 Posted 09 May 2019 - 12:45 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20693 battles
  • 6,843
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

This is why I save up free XP for. To unlock crucial modules (usually guns) on high tier tanks. Because I'm not interested in being an XP pinata during a grind. If it means I got to play another tank tons to build up free XP, so be it (and bonus feature, that tank gets a crew boost, because I turn on accelerated crew training)

 

No need to rush grinds, so I tend to plan out my grinds & save up all the free XP I get from various elited tanks I play for module unlocks. 


Edited by UrQuan, 09 May 2019 - 12:48 AM.


Below_Average_WoT_Player #6 Posted 09 May 2019 - 08:19 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 13475 battles
  • 34
  • [3NRGY] 3NRGY
  • Member since:
    12-20-2013

View PostMulkQvist_Fi, on 08 May 2019 - 08:11 PM, said:

Below average player. I hear you!

 

I hear you too, brother!

Captain_Kremen0 #7 Posted 09 May 2019 - 08:27 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 38418 battles
  • 2,039
  • [TFMB] TFMB
  • Member since:
    06-04-2011

So game isn't pay to win?

Make your bloody minds up

 



arthurwellsley #8 Posted 09 May 2019 - 08:28 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 53362 battles
  • 3,764
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View PostMulkQvist_Fi, on 08 May 2019 - 08:11 PM, said

 

Keep it up mates. Sometimes it gets better, maybe....

 

So true. When I had just begun playing I remember Panther II I think it was with the long needle gun. Sturer Emil early guns.

As a veteran I now save up free exp and never grind stock, always buy modules.

But back in the day when there was less free exp available (due to far fewer ingame premium vehicles and no personal boosters) everything was harder and grindier than it is now.

07:29 Added after 0 minutes

View PostCaptain_Kremen0, on 09 May 2019 - 07:27 AM, said:

So game isn't pay to win?

Make your bloody minds up

 

 

No it has always been pay to speed up. Or pay to make grinds less painful.

Edited by arthurwellsley, 09 May 2019 - 01:34 PM.


Sirebellus #9 Posted 09 May 2019 - 10:00 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 21881 battles
  • 910
  • Member since:
    02-04-2016

I always play tanks from stock - it gives an appreciation of how much better the top modules (Well Guns) are

 

One of the worst was the 40TP Habicha, with the stock gun you can rarely hit anything, and if the RNG works in your favour and you don't miss then you can't actually penetrate any tank... but once I had got through that and got the top gun and and tracks/engine to make it more mobile it became one of my favourite tanks



Captain_Kremen0 #10 Posted 09 May 2019 - 02:07 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 38418 battles
  • 2,039
  • [TFMB] TFMB
  • Member since:
    06-04-2011

View Postarthurwellsley, on 09 May 2019 - 07:28 AM, said:

 

So true. When I had just begun playing I remember Panther II I think it was with the long needle gun. Sturer Emil early guns.

As a veteran I now save up free exp and never grind stock, always buy modules.

But back in the day when there was less free exp available (due to far fewer ingame premium vehicles and no personal boosters) everything was harder and grindier than it is now.

07:29 Added after 0 minutes

 

No it has always been pay to speed up. Or pay to make grinds less painful.

 

Sorry, I must have had the irony button switched to mute.



Kozzy #11 Posted 09 May 2019 - 02:16 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 40654 battles
  • 2,902
  • [RINSE] RINSE
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011

View PostMulkQvist_Fi, on 08 May 2019 - 08:11 PM, said:

Yeah, set my mind to grind the Emil 2 from stock. Actually grinding for a long time now. But with 3 skills crew.

 

AND IT ALL CAME BACK TO ME....

 

It's a really shitty thing to do, even for an average player like me. Tried my best with the stock gun, spamming gold as I had the money.

 

Frankly it was really awfull. No matter what I did, a streak of looses.

 

So my suggestion for us more experienced players, let's have a silent moment for those grinding their first tier X tanks, with no money.

 

So, there's no OP, just stock.

 

Keep it up mates. Sometimes it gets better, maybe....

 

Even why I started (2011) the economy, both credits and XP, were well documented and the common advice was dished out:

- Grind mid-tiers for credits to spend elsewhere (I used KV1 and Stug mostly back then)

- Save Free Xp to unlock modules in tiers 8/9, never use Free XP to unlock tanks (unless you want a stock grind with associated crying)

- Grind one line at a time as to use Free XP more efficiently






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users