Welcome to WoT

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

superfly2000 #1 Posted 08 May 2019 - 10:17 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 79768 battles
  • [SFLY] SFLY

I hope Claus features this in his biggest douchebag video.

Just another one of a million games with the same people who also think they know the game....

http://wotreplays.eu...0-udes_14_alt_5

I should get a medal for keeping so calm throughout this game....or maybe I'm just getting used to it and have given up....

Gruff_ #2 Posted 09 May 2019 - 03:18 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18606 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
It's not good that you took x3 hits from team mates.  I will comment that you didn't move from your spot until the last 2.5 minutes of the game where as you could have moved up earlier with more chance to spot what was shooting the td's across the the way from your side or gone across to spot for arty / help the heavy rather than wait for him to die so I suspect that's what people were frustrated with.

superfly2000 #3 Posted 09 May 2019 - 06:04 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 79768 battles
  • [SFLY] SFLY
Exactly. This is what players dont understand, just like you failed to understand now, that you CAN spot by standing still in a correct position. I had BY FAR the most spotting damage on my team (as if this is my job in a paper medium).

Also we where LOSING both tanks and map-control at this point and it is not my job to save every overextending muppet when we needed to defend instead.
05:10 Added after 6 minutes
We had 3 td's in that position (one of them same medium like me). That position is WAY to passive for 3 tanks. Also they didnt understand that they where virtually spotters when we lost the heavy side, mostly because of their fault.

No, because it was much easier to shoot me cause i didnt push alone against an overhelming amounts of enemies on that side, to "spot for them".

And the arty just blasted me because he was bored I guess.
05:20 Added after 16 minutes
Basic tactics and cross-firing because of the spotting system is to hard to understand for the mediocre muppet. I guess this is why we have mostly corridor maps where the spotting system is rended useless.

What irritates me the most ofcourse is that they even fired upon me it is THEY who dont understand the.

If they just didnt understand the game i'd let it rest....but no, they spammed the minimap the whole game and then started shooting me.

lnfernaI #4 Posted 09 May 2019 - 06:52 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31179 battles

View Postsuperfly2000, on 09 May 2019 - 07:04 AM, said:

Exactly. This is what players dont understand, just like you failed to understand now, that you CAN spot by standing still in a correct position. I had BY FAR the most spotting damage on my team (as if this is my job in a paper medium).

The correct positions are those,which net 2500 assist on average?

A-44

fwhaatpiraat #5 Posted 09 May 2019 - 07:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 54377 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

On the Westfield map, nothing is more annoying than having campers in your team sitting at K7 or G0, depending on the side.

After the initial shot at the Progetto, you should have moved back immediately. It was obvious you would get spotted. You didn't get spotted after the second shot you took, so probably no one was at K0 or G0 on the little hill. When the heavies at the other flank were dying, you had to make a play on the K line, the Udeses (Udi? ;P) and arty had to get killed. You had the support of the other Udes, TD(s) and arty if you attacked the G0 position. You would probably have won the game if you did that. But you just sat there all the time, literally. I can imagine it is annoying for your teammates when they see someone doing nothing for such a long period of time. Not nice to shoot you and contra-productive ofcourse. But it is just really annoying when you are in danger and need help, and others just observe and do nothing, whether in real life or in a pixel tank game.

Edited by fwhaatpiraat, 09 May 2019 - 07:33 AM.

TheDrownedApe #6 Posted 09 May 2019 - 11:40 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 47537 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

Frustrating that I can't watch this until this evening.

You did the right thing

You did the wrong thing

it's a difficult one to call and is very subjective

Will edit later I suppose :teethhappy:

Edited by TheDrownedApe, 09 May 2019 - 11:41 AM.

Gruff_ #7 Posted 09 May 2019 - 03:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18606 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postsuperfly2000, on 09 May 2019 - 05:04 AM, said:

Also we where LOSING both tanks and map-control at this point and it is not my job to save every overextending muppet when we needed to defend instead.

I am well aware that you can spot by standing still, thank you.  I see that you got spotting damage as I bothered to watch the full replay, my point was if you had moved up in the later game or even just north east one square to the other little ridge on the edge of the map you may have had more chance of getting more spots in for those that for whatever reason (positioning / crew / equip mounted) were not able to get vision.

I think the way you attack the "over extending muppet" isn't particurly helpful, he wasn't one of the tanks that shot you, he's in a heavy so has limited view range now he's caught out in the village as the others on that side died so if you or other med with more hp help keep him alive it gives your team one more gun in the game to help defend rather than at the late stage be so stagnant and just wait for them to come to us and sacrifice "the muppet".  Just different ways and ideas of team work perhaps.

Edited by Gruff_, 09 May 2019 - 03:14 PM.

Solstad1069 #8 Posted 09 May 2019 - 03:35 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 42240 battles

I fully undestand your frustration Superfly and kind off understand you stopped caring when your friendly TD shaved off half your HP.
The position you have are strong and important and with only 1 friend with you on that flank combined with 3 arties will often get you these slow battles were everybody just waits for the enemy to make a mistake.

On the other hand with Binos im pretty sure you could have won :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users