Jump to content


rtx 2070

freezing

  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Marauder9 #1 Posted 09 May 2019 - 03:07 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 11409 battles
  • 120
  • Member since:
    01-29-2013

hi guys i have been away from the game for a while. so decided to play again but am a real noob.

i have a issue i have a i7 8700k and a rtx2070 but when i play the game i am getting a video card error. it says video card has encountered a problem restart or cancel game.

i have deleted drivers and reinstalled and reinstalled game still the same issue. all my other games play no issues even world of warships. i am confused . has any one else had this issue?

thanks in advance for any help. 

 



Zmago5000 #2 Posted 09 May 2019 - 06:57 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9260 battles
  • 349
  • Member since:
    11-24-2018

maybe lower from ULTIMATE --> MAX will help,....

 

My oldish i7-870 and GTX 1060 working perfectly on MAX settings,.....



Marauder9 #3 Posted 09 May 2019 - 07:29 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 11409 battles
  • 120
  • Member since:
    01-29-2013

View PostZmago5000, on 09 May 2019 - 05:57 AM, said:

maybe lower from ULTIMATE --> MAX will help,....

 

My oldish i7-870 and GTX 1060 working perfectly on MAX settings,.....

 

ye mate i tried that even going to sd from hd all my other games are fine. even had heaven and valley on a 30 min loop each no issues i am stumped what to do. as i cant play at all max 5 minutes in to game it comes up with (video card has encountered a error restart game or quit)

Captain_Kremen0 #4 Posted 09 May 2019 - 08:52 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 38418 battles
  • 2,020
  • [TFMB] TFMB
  • Member since:
    06-04-2011
5 mins in - overheating?

1ncompetenc3 #5 Posted 09 May 2019 - 01:47 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 38062 battles
  • 11,985
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

View PostCaptain_Kremen0, on 09 May 2019 - 08:52 AM, said:

5 mins in - overheating?

 

If temperature was the issue he should notice the same problem when running Unigine's benchmarks. Not only that but it would just throttle more and more aggressively rather than spitting out a vague error message.

Speaking of which, is "video card has encountered an error restart game or quit" the only information it gives you?



Marauder9 #6 Posted 09 May 2019 - 04:14 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 11409 battles
  • 120
  • Member since:
    01-29-2013

View Post1ncompetenc3, on 09 May 2019 - 12:47 PM, said:

 

If temperature was the issue he should notice the same problem when running Unigine's benchmarks. Not only that but it would just throttle more and more aggressively rather than spitting out a vague error message.

Speaking of which, is "video card has encountered an error restart game or quit" the only information it gives you?

 

yes mate that is it. no other error messages. the card is only hitting 60% use and temps are no higher then 60c 

1ncompetenc3 #7 Posted 09 May 2019 - 04:41 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 38062 battles
  • 11,985
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

View PostMarauder9, on 09 May 2019 - 04:14 PM, said:

 

yes mate that is it. no other error messages. the card is only hitting 60% use and temps are no higher then 60c 

 

Gotta love them helpful error messages. :sceptic:

Did WoT run properly on this system before or was the last time you were able to play properly on different hardware? And did you clear WG cache when you reinstalled? (Hit windows key + R, type %appdata% and hit enter, then remove the WG folder that shows up)



Marauder9 #8 Posted 09 May 2019 - 07:01 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 11409 battles
  • 120
  • Member since:
    01-29-2013

View Post1ncompetenc3, on 09 May 2019 - 03:41 PM, said:

 

Gotta love them helpful error messages. :sceptic:

Did WoT run properly on this system before or was the last time you were able to play properly on different hardware? And did you clear WG cache when you reinstalled? (Hit windows key + R, type %appdata% and hit enter, then remove the WG folder that shows up)

 

this is a new card first time on wot last card was a gtx 1080 and that worked fine.. baffles me no end lol 

Pansenmann #9 Posted 09 May 2019 - 08:39 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 35530 battles
  • 13,336
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-17-2012

what specific error message do you get in the Windows event log?

is the driver crashing?

we need more intel.

 

you might want to try an older driver release and not the newest ones.

 

PS: did you just replace the card without wiping the drivers first? use "DDU" and install drivers again after reboots.

PPS: did you swap any other components in your rig?

PPPS: also cleared WoT cache files?


Edited by Pansenmann, 09 May 2019 - 08:41 PM.


Marauder9 #10 Posted 10 May 2019 - 05:56 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 11409 battles
  • 120
  • Member since:
    01-29-2013

View PostPansenmann, on 09 May 2019 - 07:39 PM, said:

what specific error message do you get in the Windows event log?

is the driver crashing?

we need more intel.

 

you might want to try an older driver release and not the newest ones.

 

PS: did you just replace the card without wiping the drivers first? use "DDU" and install drivers again after reboots.

PPS: did you swap any other components in your rig?

PPPS: also cleared WoT cache files?

 

hi mate no i did not delete old drivers just chucked the new card in. no other components were changed and no wot cache files were not cleared.. think i will have to do all that. thanks for your input 

Marauder9 #11 Posted 10 May 2019 - 07:16 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 11409 battles
  • 120
  • Member since:
    01-29-2013

View PostPansenmann, on 09 May 2019 - 07:39 PM, said:

what specific error message do you get in the Windows event log?

is the driver crashing?

we need more intel.

 

you might want to try an older driver release and not the newest ones.

 

PS: did you just replace the card without wiping the drivers first? use "DDU" and install drivers again after reboots.

PPS: did you swap any other components in your rig?

PPPS: also cleared WoT cache files?

 

i have done what was advised. scared to try because i have had a penalty because my game kept freezing and i have had to quit during game :(  

Zmago5000 #12 Posted 10 May 2019 - 08:19 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9260 battles
  • 349
  • Member since:
    11-24-2018

this card is not overheating,..overheating has different simpotms,...and its quite easy to check your temperatures with msi afterburner or some similar product...

 

My old card had overheating issues after 1.5 patch, temps would reach 98-99 deg. C ,..and prob. when reaching 100 the card just shut off and monutor lost the picture. although PC was was still working and I could still hear the sound of the battle ,....

 

You prob. have graphic card drivers issue somewhere,....but i am no expert on this,...what i would try, would delete old drivers and install  allternate graphic drivers (not official ones) , that helped me with my laptop with pretty similar issues-(graphic card switching off and on regularly).



Pansenmann #13 Posted 10 May 2019 - 10:13 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 35530 battles
  • 13,336
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-17-2012

View PostMarauder9, on 10 May 2019 - 07:16 AM, said:

 

i have done what was advised. scared to try because i have had a penalty because my game kept freezing and i have had to quit during game :(  

 

you could just watch a replay maybe, that way you could also monitor what the computer is doing :)







Also tagged with freezing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users