WOT contructive criticism (feedback to WG after 7 years)

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Ammo_Racked #1 Posted 10 May 2019 - 10:50 AM

Private

• Player
  • 70479 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG

Hi. I have played this game for over 7 years. I'm average (and old and slow), but I do have some LOVES and HATES...

Tank Selection

- this has developped really well

- great to see new lines

- too many older premium tanks (that we spent money on) that are surpassed by the new premiums

- some of the original tanks (obvious examples are Tiger I and II) need buffing to allow most players to compete.

Campaigns

- later ones difficult, the Excaliber (as effectively the 4th campaign) is disappointing.

- Very good addition to the game.

MAPS

- I REALLY MISS the following maps (which i think were some of the best and offered players different challenges as compared to the existing, current maps):

Northwest

South Coast

Swamp

Severogorsk

Pearl River

Stalingrad

Kharkov

- Like these newer maps:

Glacier (SE section could be altered to allow better combat)

Pilsen (big improvement)

- DO NOT LIKE these newer or reworked maps:

Empire's Border (urgh... don't know where to start - horrible map)

Highway (NE spawn has huge advantage if played correctly... faster into city, better TD support from base - i think north part must be reworked to provide balance)

Fjords (it just doesn't feel right... find NE corner very limited, centre is no man's land, very linear)

- Special Case

Ghost Town

- it is very linear due to the difficulty of the EAST FLANK, but has potential

Interface and Graphics

- Well-received improvements

Match-Making

- This is my personal opinion... the BEST GAMES are the tight/close battles. Where you really need to play well to win. The imbalance in MM is two-fold:

(1) player ability

(2) tank types (which is a function of the terrain)... example T95 versus Conway. In city map, T95 can really hurt, but on more open map with arty the Conway is generally much more effective

- PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do something about this. I don't particularly enjoy winning 15-0 or 15-1, or losing 15-1 etc.

PLAYER BASE and DEVELOPMENT

- as compared to a few years ago, there are far more less-experienced and weaker players in higher tier tanks, which has consequences:

- this often exagerates imbalanced MM

- (example) it can be infuriating to see top tier heavy tanks and light tanks camping near base because they do not know any better***

*** BLUE PRINTS unfortunately allow less experienced players to access high tiers faster which i believe to be detrimental to the game. The game will be better for everybody if the players in tiers 6 and higher have at least understood the game basics. THIS IS NOT THE CASE at present.

---> the weaker players at high tiers generally do little or no damage, and either die fast or camp hard and are worthless at the end-game. VERY FRUSTRATING to see.

Reserve Stock and Excluded Maps

- THANK YOU WG!

- I never play Ensk or Empire's Border now :)

Tank Balance

- Newer tanks are generally better than older ones

- recent "re-balance" to Japanese Heavy Tanks (tiers IX and X) has reduced these tanks effectiveness (+ almost all tier 9 and 10 tanks using HEAT can easily pen a Type 5 Heavy)

- recent "re-balance" to FV4005 is simply a slap in the face. These tanks are GLASS CANNONS which are now slower glass cannons.

- Planned improvements to STB-1, Leopard 1, etc will be excellent.

- The OBJ mediums are still OP especially 907 and 430U. Not including auto-loaders, the loss of many of the larger maps favours better armored mediums over the paper-thin armoured mediums.

Tank Challenges (example TS-5)

- THANK YOU WG!

BOTS

- almost every day, I am on a team with a BOT (tank doesn't participate, doesn't move, and examining Player's Statistics after the battle, provides evidence that these "players" abuse the game.

- GET RID OF BOTS PLEASE!

THANKS FOR "LISTENING" WG.

ignaskarate #2 Posted 10 May 2019 - 11:16 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10589 battles
  • [G_LT] G_LT
I constructively will reply to you. You have 34 X tier tanks. You say obj430u is too powerfull in tier X tank lines. Why the hell then he is in 31 place on your best wn8 stats list? 

WindSplitter1 #3 Posted 10 May 2019 - 11:22 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18728 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View Postignaskarate, on 10 May 2019 - 10:16 AM, said:

I constructively will reply to you. You have 34 X tier tanks. You say obj430u is too powerfull in tier X tank lines. Why the hell then he is in 31 place on your best wn8 stats list? 

Someone not performing well in an tank doesn't mean the tank isn't overpowered.

I have 51% WR in my Type 5, which definitely is not the 5% WR increase people talk about. That doesn't mean the tank is not imbalanced.

barison1 #4 Posted 10 May 2019 - 11:25 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41665 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

View Postignaskarate, on 10 May 2019 - 11:16 AM, said:

because you dont understand how wn8 works

for example; 3k dmg in leo1 could be 4k wn8, but 3k dmg in 430u being 3k wn8. better tanks have higher expected dmg values so you gain less wn8 per dmg than a weak tank like leo having low expected values.

same reason why lights can gain extremely high wn8 for low dmg

jack_timber #5 Posted 10 May 2019 - 11:40 AM

Major

• Player
  • 37473 battles

Empires border was first map on my permanent ban....

XxKuzkina_MatxX #6 Posted 10 May 2019 - 11:43 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

You have some very good points there but how would you modify the SE corner on Glacier? How do you imagine the fight along the 9-0 lines?

Spoiler

Ammo_Racked #7 Posted 10 May 2019 - 12:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 70479 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG

Ammo_Racked --> XxKuzkina_MatxX

You have some very good points there but how would you modify the SE corner on Glacier? How do you imagine the fight along the 9-0 lines?

I think we all may have different ideas but I find the SE corner very limited. I would make it more of a gentle hilly area with (small) boulders and much lower... opening the SE up and making it all high terrain would kill the middle ridge. Perhaps with a sunken road/river as in Severogorsk to replace the boats.

Something similar to South Coast east flank (if you see what i mean) but no trees or bushes. And (repeating myself) NOT higher than centre ridge (lower).

DeadLecter #8 Posted 10 May 2019 - 01:17 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29829 battles

Good points, but no one from WG is going to listen anyway.

The only thing that is scarier than the OP tanks that we have now, is the future tanks that have to better than our currently OP tanks so WG can compel people to research the tech tree tanks or buy the premiums. 

Ammo_Racked #9 Posted 10 May 2019 - 01:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 70479 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG

I'm really not that good... some tanks I find easier than others... I struggle with the OBJ 430U (positionally). I find that I'm above-average for tiers 6/7 and sometimes 8/9 mediums but I just fold at tier x. WIP :)

Leepants #10 Posted 10 May 2019 - 02:02 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19052 battles
  • [ZIIP] ZIIP

View PostAmmo_Racked, on 10 May 2019 - 12:40 PM, said:

I find that I'm above-average for tiers 6/7 and sometimes 8/9 mediums but I just fold at tier x. WIP :)

I'm distinctly average (at best) player at <7, but then am poor above. I have absolutely NO idea why - any theories? I don't have crews with more than 2 full skills (couple of crews working on 3rd skill) IIRC, so may that be one reason? And how on earth do I get better?

mpf1959 #11 Posted 10 May 2019 - 02:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23135 battles

Block Quote

Match-Making

- This is my personal opinion... the BEST GAMES are the tight/close battles. Where you really need to play well to win. The imbalance in MM is two-fold:

(1) player ability

(2) tank types (which is a function of the terrain)... example T95 versus Conway. In city map, T95 can really hurt, but on more open map with arty the Conway is generally much more effective

- PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do something about this. I don't particularly enjoy winning 15-0 or 15-1, or losing 15-1 etc.

Amen to that! :B

pecopad #12 Posted 10 May 2019 - 03:02 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27078 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

View Postmpf1959, on 10 May 2019 - 02:48 PM, said:

Amen to that! :B

Problem is that most of the players, and specially the most influential and vocal players don't like balanced games.

Bordhaw #13 Posted 10 May 2019 - 07:06 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 13572 battles

View PostAmmo_Racked, on 10 May 2019 - 09:50 AM, said:

Hi. I have played this game for over 7 years. I'm average (and old and slow), but I do have some LOVES and HATES...

Zoggo_ #14 Posted 12 May 2019 - 11:01 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 30386 battles
  • [ZOGGO] ZOGGO

Some good points Mr Racked. Total wipes a real issue these days, happened in the past of course but badly balanced tanks and (still) too many +2 matches means half the games I play are over in 5 minutes.

Maybe WG are happy with this, dunno but the feeling when your team 5-0 down in the first two minutes. :facepalm:

Sfinski #15 Posted 12 May 2019 - 11:07 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 34717 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

Ignored

-WG

gpalsson #16 Posted 12 May 2019 - 12:50 PM

General

• Player
  • 24477 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Because you don't understand how WN8 works.

If expected damage is high, you need more damage to get high WN8. Simple. Therefore if you are going to make that argument, just stick with winrate and damage and don't make a fool out of yourself.

Also, 430U is too powerful - he is spot on.

That being said, yes his damage and winrate in 430U us really bad - in that you are correct.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users