Emil-I turret armor is very dissapointing.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

KillingJoker #1 Posted 12 May 2019 - 12:51 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38278 battles

I used to think shoting at it would be pointless frontaly, now i am learning hard way that enemies can penetrate you with premium rounds or even with some rng on regular rounds...

the selling point of the tank is less reliable than a Lowe turret and way less reliable than a T-32 turret, and i wonder, wahts the point then?

if you balance the tank by having mediocre features pretty much all around and then sell it as being a hull down beast, and people just penetrate the front of your turret all the time, and specially when your positioning is good, and kinda want to make usage of the tank features, and people just penetrate your turret frontally is really frustrating...

Now, i noticed the Emil 2 and the Kranvagn have better turrets with weakspots in the top, so the player is forced to lift the gun to hide them...

Why the hell not do the same with the Emil 1? i understand you don't want to leave a tank broken without a way of the enemy deal with it...

But i fiind out its really frustrating to see the enemies penetrate more ofter than not, the supposed strongest armor area you have...

It was not lucky, it was not casual, it happen all the time, completely unreliable, i am now learning i can be way more safe in a hull down positioning in other tier VIII tanks. 

It doesn't make any sense... it removes away the point of using terrain to your own advantage and the fact its a very situational tank, and then you get into the right position and your doing what your supposed, bang... the game slaps you in the face, rewarding either gold spamm or noobish luck, rng helps them to penetrate your turret..

PayMore #2 Posted 12 May 2019 - 12:59 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25109 battles
  • [BWAH] BWAH
Turret is carefully balanced just like russian turret on the same tier.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #3 Posted 12 May 2019 - 01:04 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

The Emil I turret was never meant to be as strong as the Emil II or the Kranvagn. It's very good against lower tier tanks but against same or higher tiers, don't get hit. TDs especially will go through that with ease, tanks with good standard pen like the french 100mm or the Lowe are the same. The T32 and the Lowe gave a lot in exchange for that turret armor. Mobility, DPM and penetration in the case of the T32.

Is the Emil I a bad tank? IMO no it isn't but it isn't a stellar tier 8 either when something like the Somua exist!

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 12 May 2019 - 01:04 PM.

Japualtah #4 Posted 12 May 2019 - 01:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31049 battles

Yeah, another candidate to those annoying as frack invincible -12° depression turrets, even daring to complain that the road to OPness isn't smooth as silk.

Disgusting.

KillingJoker #5 Posted 12 May 2019 - 01:21 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38278 battles

View PostPayMore, on 12 May 2019 - 12:59 PM, said:

Turret is carefully balanced just like russian turret on the same tier.

The Is-3 turret is not perfect, as it have the weakspot in the top, but the weakspot is tiny, and the Emil-! have a flat turret that is kinda easy to hit and if its only 250mm of effective armor that means with gold pretty much anything can pen it, and its easy to pen it, because its 250 everywhere, in flat turret, while the IS-3 is still harder to hit because the weakspot is tiny and all the rest is round and it will ricochet...

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 12 May 2019 - 01:04 PM, said:

The Emil I turret was never meant to be as strong as the Emil II or the Kranvagn. It's very good against lower tier tanks but against same or higher tiers, don't get hit. TDs especially will go through that with ease, tanks with good standard pen like the french 100mm or the Lowe are the same. The T32 and the Lowe gave a lot in exchange for that turret armor. Mobility, DPM and penetration in the case of the T32.

Is the Emil I a bad tank? IMO no it isn't but it isn't a stellar tier 8 either when something like the Somua exist!

I find its mobility mediocre, 350 hp, only reach 50 only downhil, pretty much in flat surfaces (and i noticed this a lot) a T-32 will acelerate faster...

its not also very agile at all, the traverse speed is bad, and the turret is also very slow to turn...

I understand the tank is supposed to be balanced about strenghts and weakenesses, but when the single feature that makes it unique is broke away by same tier counterparts so easily in combat, you really get pissed off.. 

Because lets be resonable here, your clip is mediocre, 360 x 3, you can't kill nothing at tier VIII, not even a medium, therefor, you are team dependant all the time...

as your mobility is mediocre, you can't run away either, so playing it, ends up being tricky, because you have to calculate your positioning ahead and predict what enemies will do, and so on...

But what really pisses me off, is how it rewards cheassy gameplay, because shoting the damn turret flat... is STUPID AS F! , it is... and get away with it... sometimes without spamming gold... it shouldn't happen... 

And even if the problem is the fact it doesn't have top weakspots like the tier IX and X, i would trade the weakspots on the top allways if at least the enemies wouldnt easily penetrate the flat surface that is so easy to hit... its flat, and its only 250mm...  it really kills the tank... 

XxKuzkina_MatxX #6 Posted 12 May 2019 - 01:59 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY
  • 250mm turret armor is nothing to sneer at. The Somua has between 100-190mm turret armor with worse mobility, the 50 100 has between 90-160mm with worse DPM. Autoloaders pay dearly for that clip damage especially when they got 2k DPM.
  • IMO you're complaining about the wrong things here, the intra-clip reload is crap, the gun handling is the same, mobility is weird to say the least for a tank that weighs only 29 tons, gold pen is questionable. etc.

I played this tank very early when people still didn't know how to deal with it (still auto aimed/lol penned though!) and i never really liked it. The way WG balances Swedish tanks is very strange to me, they display an extremely balanced stats, bordering on UP even, in a very unbalanced WOT. They feel more like 2014/2015 tanks to me!

Robbie_T #7 Posted 13 May 2019 - 03:02 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19073 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Dont have problems with the Turret and since 5.1 i really like the tank

Balc0ra #8 Posted 13 May 2019 - 12:56 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 70161 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

That turret is all about impact angle more so then the tier 9 and X as it's not as strong. If they are below you aiming up and you are playing the ridgeline. That thing is 300+ effective, and that's the only time it works. When you are higher up vs your targets. If they are above you, then it's barely 200 effective.

And you also have to consider the tank is small for a HT. So in flat ground vs the enemy guns behind cover, most HT guns are higher up than yours. Thus they hit less effective armor vs lower profiled TD's. As the turret's side armor is not going up and down with the gun. So then most will have about 230 effective to hit, as in still within a small high roll for most tier 8 guns. And most make the bad mistake of aiming down when they back off or move around on flat ground for some reason. Then suddenly that 40mm effective plate pops up above their heads. So keep that in mind too.

CrimsonEntropy #9 Posted 13 May 2019 - 01:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29024 battles

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 12 May 2019 - 12:59 PM, said:

• 250mm turret armor is nothing to sneer at. The Somua has between 100-190mm turret armor with worse mobility, the 50 100 has between 90-160mm with worse DPM. Autoloaders pay dearly for that clip damage especially when they got 2k DPM.
  • IMO you're complaining about the wrong things here, the intra-clip reload is crap, the gun handling is the same, mobility is weird to say the least for a tank that weighs only 29 tons, gold pen is questionable. etc.

I played this tank very early when people still didn't know how to deal with it (still auto aimed/lol penned though!) and i never really liked it. The way WG balances Swedish tanks is very strange to me, they display an extremely balanced stats, bordering on UP even, in a very unbalanced WOT. They feel more like 2014/2015 tanks to me!

This +1.

I can deal with the turret, the other factors are horrible. I actually feel like the Somua has better mobility into the bargain...

dex_1950 #10 Posted 13 May 2019 - 01:15 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 33824 battles
  • [NIGER] NIGER
No it's not. What is disappointing is missing 2/3 of the clip. 3/4 previously. Armor is quite good. TBH. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users