Dear wheeled LT haters

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

PoIestar #1 Posted 12 May 2019 - 11:14 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32639 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

As I said before, can you either have basic understanding on how to drive them, or not hate on them at all? I see people who say they're annoying as balls, then go call them overpowered and insinuate things that aren't even true, and just plainly making up stuff? Only to find out they have 0 battles in any of the wheeled LT's, not even the EBR 75?

I've just bought myself the Lynx 6x6 and it's not OP, it's actually quite challenging to do well in. But do I care? Hell no! It's the most fun you can have without being OP. Because you need to THINK before driving it. Being so fast goes with making mistakes more easily and in this game you cannot 100% rely on hyperfast speed, with all the RNG and high velocity APCR shots flying around.

Seriously, the tanks don't need a nerf. I've never had so much fun in this game, the T-50-2 and pre-nerf ELC days are back if you ask me. Gun wise the tanks are not even impressive, the armor is laughable and even other LT's can ram them to death easily. Speed and maneuverability are all they have. 

They're not OP and other LT's are as annoying. They're just new and changes are always hard to work into. Don't take this away from people like me, who actually drive the tanks. Thank you.

Desyatnik_Pansy #2 Posted 12 May 2019 - 11:17 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17459 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
I think they're way more annoying than normal Lights but I don't think they're OP Or anything, just incredibly annoying to deal with. I would never play them though, I dislike playing Lights in the first place and they just look straight up worse, so. :P

DeadLecter #3 Posted 12 May 2019 - 11:41 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29815 battles
They're annoying not OP and very easy to kill. Only T9 and T10 are very fast. And they sacrifice their VR and penetration by a huge margin for that mobility. 

WoT_RU_Doing #4 Posted 13 May 2019 - 12:11 AM

Major

• Player
  • 54320 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

I'd be quite happy if WG removed them. I see plenty of battles where the first few minutes are wasted while players repeatedly fail to hit them. I'd love to see a set of stats from WG for how many shots have been unsuccessfully fired at the damned things. They also make spotting more difficult for regular LTs. I think at the very least, WG should put them in their own class. And to be honest, how they drive is irrelevant. ANY player can see how a particular tank affects his game....you don't need a Defender or an Obj 268v4 to know that their frontal armour can be problematic.

kaneloon #5 Posted 13 May 2019 - 12:47 AM

Major

• Player
  • 30022 battles
  • [FR2DB] FR2DB

Few people say that they are OP.

But we believe that they are very annoying : lots of lost shots, all the tds are camping behind the arties, etc ...

WojtekTheBear #6 Posted 13 May 2019 - 01:15 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 28236 battles
Also, their physics is very strange. They turn in place and don't flip at the same time. They behave like those bikes from Tron movie and not like real life cars. Also they should have crapground resistances on anything but hard but they fly everywhere. The are simply out of place. War Thunder has them implemented much better. Here, they are akin to mosquitoes. Highly annoying.

Richthoffen #7 Posted 13 May 2019 - 05:48 AM

Major

• Player
  • 29037 battles
  • [MS-] MS-
i do not hate them, thats reserved for arty but fact is most are suicide scouts that just don't die because of speed and wheels soaking up most dmg and pretty annoying they are almost inside your base within the first minute of the game disrupting the team getting to a position

Edited by Richthoffen, 13 May 2019 - 05:48 AM.

KarmaMint #8 Posted 13 May 2019 - 06:18 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1561 battles
Not that i hate them but i really dislike that you can't track them when they make a mistake 

Edited by KarmaMint, 13 May 2019 - 06:18 AM.

gunslingerXXX #9 Posted 13 May 2019 - 06:36 AM

Major

• Player
  • 12167 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

They are supposed to be annoying, same as the rest of the game:

• Arty
  • HE derp
  • Stupid side armour
  • Type 5 / Obj 286 V4 / Etc.

the_nebuchadnezzar #10 Posted 13 May 2019 - 06:46 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52095 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
They are broken not OP. 

OllieCromwell #11 Posted 13 May 2019 - 07:02 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 43785 battles
  • [GENB] GENB

A wheelie driven by a player that knows what he/she is doing is OP/Broken .... 

The real problem/issue (?) with wheelies is that they can stop a full team in the (very) early stages  of the match, and whilst that team stops to try and shoot fore-mentioned wheelie they are all lit up, possibly in the open, and get shot to pieces before the match even started.  Worst case the wheelie still zooms around and in the 2nd stage of the match starts doing the 'dance of death' around the slower vehicles still alive ... 

So wheelies by themselves may (or may not) be OP/Broken, but WG certainly overestimated the (majority of) players ability to adapt and/or deal with these race-cars.

Geno1isme #12 Posted 13 May 2019 - 08:24 AM

General

• Player
  • 46099 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
The techtree bobby cars are somewhat ok (at least up to T8). What is retarded is the P2W EBR75 crap which for some reason is not just overall better than the Lynx but also gets an autoloader on top without any of the usual disadvantages like bad DPM or aimtime. And with the high HE penetration can basically two-shot most other T8 lights.

Dava_117 #13 Posted 13 May 2019 - 10:16 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21479 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postkaneloon, on 13 May 2019 - 12:47 AM, said:

all the tds are camping behind the arties

How this is caused by wheeled vehicles? WG put tons of sniping position with thick vegetation just close to bases, so it happened even before WV that TDs camped with arty. That's a map design problem, not a WV problem.

I personally have no problem with WV, apart when I get rushed while playing arty for missions. But then, I deserved it for playing arty.

In my HTs I laugh at their puny guns, in MTs I laugh at their puny guns and spam them with HE from close range and in TDs... Well, I usually play assault guns so I lob at them 950 alpha HE shells to stop them or do heavy damage to them.

People just need to learn that stopping in the middle of nowhere to shoot those cars is not a good tactic and that keeping to go is the way, maybe shooting a casual snapshot at them that may connect. 

Edited by Dava_117, 13 May 2019 - 10:17 AM.

leggasiini #14 Posted 13 May 2019 - 10:28 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16283 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Annoying? Yes.

OP? Hell no.

pallie_the_artillerist #15 Posted 13 May 2019 - 10:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19497 battles
  • [TRTD] TRTD
I'm seeing suspiciously few LT100's in competitive play since the EBR was released.

Gremlin182 #16 Posted 13 May 2019 - 10:39 AM

General

• Player
  • 54116 battles

Love playing light tanks and these are a nice change to normal lights.

They are perfect anti scouts though its tough if you meet some autoloaders.

That's how I play mine take on the enemy light tanks and kill them as fast as possible.

Then do some general spotting and disruption till the tanks spread out and I can get to the back lines.

Very similar to a light except for the awful view range

Consider the tier 8 wheeled vehicles have 310 base view range and cannot mount binoculars.

The worst tracked tier 8 Light tank has 380 and the best 410.

310 is what some tier 3 tanks get

nikolaink123 #17 Posted 13 May 2019 - 11:10 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 23037 battles
  • [KLKMP] KLKMP

View Postpallie_the_artillerist, on 13 May 2019 - 09:28 AM, said:

I'm seeing suspiciously few LT100's in competitive play since the EBR was released.

That is indeed very suspicious

Balc0ra #18 Posted 13 May 2019 - 11:42 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 70162 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostPoIestar, on 12 May 2019 - 11:14 PM, said:

As I said before, can you either have basic understanding on how to drive them, or not hate on them at all? I see people who say they're annoying as balls, then go call them overpowered and insinuate things that aren't even true, and just plainly making up stuff? Only to find out they have 0 battles in any of the wheeled LT's, not even the EBR 75?

Thing is that most that rage about them. Never has played them. And only sees them one way. The light that is hard to hit, and HE pens them for high damage each time, and they are allowed to drive around for ages farming. While those that have played it, mostly know that such games where you are allowed to drive between enemy tanks happens 1 every 10 games. And the rest are games you barely manage to do your own HP in damage, or even spotting. I got amazed each time I got more then 1K assist on any one of them. 

They are strong light counters sure. As their AP dpm is terrible, but their HE dpm is enough to rival even the old premium lights with the old scout MM DPM. But once those light targets are gone, so is mostly your ability to HE bully. So I get why some of them see them as strong. But they are far from it overall tbh.

In fact I personally think they are good bully support tanks. But WG missed the mark on the role they wanted them to have. As they are not gonna do that with 300 base view range the way spotting works atm. As to see a good camo tank in the open. You need to close to sub 200m. And by then even a 75% crew stock tank with binocs has spotted you and is already firing on you. So you could say they are broken. But not the OP kind of broken. The useless for their role kinda broken.

LordMuffin #19 Posted 13 May 2019 - 12:00 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 50349 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
T8 premium.
http://wot-news.com/.../tankinfo/en/eu
T9
T10

WoT_RU_Doing #20 Posted 13 May 2019 - 12:30 PM

Major

• Player
  • 54320 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

Your links take people to the main page, not the tank.
11:33 Added after 2 minutes

View PostBalc0ra, on 13 May 2019 - 10:42 AM, said:

Thing is that most that rage about them. Never has played them. And only sees them one way. The light that is hard to hit, and HE pens them for high damage each time, and they are allowed to drive around for ages farming. While those that have played it, mostly know that such games where you are allowed to drive between enemy tanks happens 1 every 10 games. And the rest are games you barely manage to do your own HP in damage, or even spotting. I got amazed each time I got more then 1K assist on any one of them.

They are strong light counters sure. As their AP dpm is terrible, but their HE dpm is enough to rival even the old premium lights with the old scout MM DPM. But once those light targets are gone, so is mostly your ability to HE bully. So I get why some of them see them as strong. But they are far from it overall tbh.

In fact I personally think they are good bully support tanks. But WG missed the mark on the role they wanted them to have. As they are not gonna do that with 300 base view range the way spotting works atm. As to see a good camo tank in the open. You need to close to sub 200m. And by then even a 75% crew stock tank with binocs has spotted you and is already firing on you. So you could say they are broken. But not the OP kind of broken. The useless for their role kinda broken.

I think that's one of the worst things about them....they can massively affect a battle without actually achieving anything themselves, aside from drawing fire from the enemy team and stopping them reaching necessary positions. Meanwhile they might achieve 0 dmg and might not even spot anything except an enemy light. If the enemy has no wheeled vehicle themselves, the outcome is very often decided just by their presence.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users