Separate servers: cheat server, and legal server

cheat cheats server game experience gaming experience leages competition improve premium vehicles

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
188 replies to this topic

Homer_J #121 Posted 15 May 2019 - 03:16 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31501 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBily, on 15 May 2019 - 12:00 AM, said:

A server where players can't log with mods! 

But, and I know this has been mentioned before but you don't seem to have grasped it, stopping mods won't stop cheats.

FryTheFly #122 Posted 15 May 2019 - 07:00 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 26921 battles
There are mods that give advantage and mods that do not. I play vanilla, couple days ago I was in mines, tried to play D max aggressively, stupid I know. Took route to lake and then I remembered that bush in south where I would be if started from south. Shoot couple blind shots and boom hellcat which was not even spotted, died. I have to admit now that knowledge of usual places gives you advantage.

Captain_Kremen0 #123 Posted 15 May 2019 - 08:26 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 38598 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB
Brain.exe - worst mod of all.

Tealo #124 Posted 15 May 2019 - 08:54 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 39271 battles
  • [RIFF] RIFF

View PostBily, on 14 May 2019 - 10:03 PM, said:

• You can actually see where people are aiming by using your camera only if enemy are spotted. (at the situation i describe he can't see me, less the turret and neither the position of the cannon)
  • People move turret with moves of hand and wrist, with ergonomic moves, don't with vectorial fast moves (more close to right click hold and release, but bot constantly targetin track, engine, ammorack...)
  • Module damage can't be modded. True, but i see a lot of times some kills in a row by ammorack, hit with damage and fire, ammorack... 3 to 5 kills at a row. (more usual in randoms, late hours, and more with rewards campaigns through) More of 30k battles

All very good, a actualy useful surggestion Giving those whom use 'mods' they very own special MM, ie they play ony against others whom use 'mods' and why not give them low rolls on their RNG as well for accuacry, pen and damage ... Problem with that there is not enough players whom don't use 'mods' left on the server apart from peak times and there is some evidance that WG already do this....

Your last point isn't just ammoracks and fuel tanks but the radio seems to get hit alot these days as well :D

Bily #125 Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 26340 battles
  • [250H] 250H

View PostHomer_J, on 15 May 2019 - 03:16 AM, said:

But, and I know this has been mentioned before but you don't seem to have grasped it, stopping mods won't stop cheats.

If not ALL, almost all the main cheats are mods. (bugs and functionality failures have also been exist [caused by WG failures], and players have exploited them; but that are punctual failures of programming, WG's negligence)

ThinGun #126 Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:20 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 38642 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO

View PostGeno1isme, on 14 May 2019 - 09:50 AM, said:

ROFL, playing buzzword bingo by chance? Blockchain technology is for securing transactions, not states, so completely pointless for this scenario.

Hmm.  Blockchain is used to to create a proof of state within financial systems.  Just saying,

So using a blockchain hash to provide evidence of the 'cleanliness' of someone's install is perfectly feasible, but technically unreasonable.  Much easier just to create a hash for the game folder. Hash mismatch?  You're a naughty monkey!

Bily #127 Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 26340 battles
  • [250H] 250H

View PostThinGun, on 15 May 2019 - 01:20 PM, said:

Hmm.  Blockchain is used to to create a proof of state within financial systems.  Just saying,

So using a blockchain hash to provide evidence of the 'cleanliness' of someone's install is perfectly feasible, but technically unreasonable.  Much easier just to create a hash for the game folder. Hash mismatch?  You're a naughty monkey!

:)  Just like that !!

OreH75 #128 Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:42 PM

Major

• Player
  • 51591 battles
  • [-NARF] -NARF

View PostThinGun, on 15 May 2019 - 01:20 PM, said:

WoT screenshots, replays, logfiles etc are stored in the WoT folder and thus change the hash of the folder everytime a file is updated or a new file is written. Beside that different users will have different screenshots, replays and logfiles and thus different hashes by default..so good luck with the hash checking.

Homer_J #129 Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:50 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31501 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBily, on 15 May 2019 - 01:13 PM, said:

If not ALL, almost all the main cheats are mods.

Yes because it's the easy way to do it.

If you banned mods and made it so you couldn't mod in the oldschool way of directly modifying game files then the cheats would move outside the game where it is much harder to detect them.

Dorander #130 Posted 15 May 2019 - 09:31 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 20640 battles

View PostBily, on 14 May 2019 - 10:03 PM, said:

• You can actually see where people are aiming by using your camera only if enemy are spotted. (at the situation i describe he can't see me, less the turret and neither the position of the cannon)
  • People move turret with moves of hand and wrist, with ergonomic moves, don't with vectorial fast moves (more close to right click hold and release, but bot constantly targetin track, engine, ammorack...)
  • Module damage can't be modded. True, but i see a lot of times some kills in a row by ammorack, hit with damage and fire, ammorack... 3 to 5 kills at a row. (more usual in randoms, late hours, and more with rewards campaigns through) More of 30k battles

A mod can't render lasers for unspotted enemies because your client doesn't know what to render.

If I change my camera to look in another direction and back to the previous spot, my turret will not move in some mouse-movement manner, it'll turn in one direction, then turn back in the other direction.

If you see it a lot, provide the evidence. I don't see it a lot at all. I see exceedingly few people burn, as is expected given the three RNG factors required to get somebody to be set on fire. I see people get ammoracked once in a blue moon. I have never ever EVER seen someone get 3-5 kills in a row by ammorack or fire, the chances of it are astronomically small.

View PostThinGun, on 15 May 2019 - 12:20 PM, said:

Hash mismatch?  You're a naughty monkey!

In most countries you're a naughty monkey simply for having hash :P

The problem isn't that it's technically unfeasable. The problem is that this game is designed to be moddable. There's nothing reasonable about demanding that only people who choose to use perfectly legal mods according to the game's design and rules are subjected to cheaters. Cheaters are everyone's problem, people aren't deserving of not having to deal with cheaters because they're vanilla warriors, they're deserving for not having to deal with cheaters when they're honest players.

Bily #131 Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:41 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 26340 battles
  • [250H] 250H

View PostOreH75, on 15 May 2019 - 01:42 PM, said:

WoT screenshots, replays, logfiles etc are stored in the WoT folder and thus change the hash of the folder everytime a file is updated or a new file is written. Beside that different users will have different screenshots, replays and logfiles and thus different hashes by default..so good luck with the hash checking.

hash the program executable of the game (.exe in windows), and the /res_mods file (or even only the weight of them)

Edited by Bily, 15 May 2019 - 11:47 PM.

OreH75 #132 Posted 16 May 2019 - 12:29 AM

Major

• Player
  • 51591 battles
  • [-NARF] -NARF

View PostBily, on 15 May 2019 - 11:41 PM, said:

hash the program executable of the game (.exe in windows), and the /res_mods file (or even only the weight of them)

Current mods (good or bad) do not alter worldoftanks.exe so how do you think a hash on that file will help?  And res_mods is not needed for mods, true modders will just edit files in the res folder...

If_I_Die_You_Die_Too #133 Posted 16 May 2019 - 12:31 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7663 battles

No-one, and I mean no-one, can mess with a blockchain client

Dorander #134 Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:14 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 20640 battles

View PostIf_I_Die_You_Die_Too, on 15 May 2019 - 11:31 PM, said:

No-one, and I mean no-one, can mess with a blockchain client

I am far from knowledgable about blockchains (and I suspect 99% of people commenting on it are) but this still made me giggle:

Fawlty_Turrets #135 Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:08 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20630 battles

View PostCaptain_Kremen0, on 15 May 2019 - 07:26 AM, said:

paysilvertaxtobuymorepen.exe is also pretty bad, it has a serious effect on game outcome.

Bily #136 Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:28 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 26340 battles
  • [250H] 250H

View PostCaptain_Kremen0, on 15 May 2019 - 08:26 AM, said:

View PostFawlty_Turrets, on 23 May 2019 - 09:08 AM, said:

paysilvertaxtobuymorepen.exe is also pretty bad, it has a serious effect on game outcome.

Really guys, think a bit, it don't be so hard. You only need googling "warpack", "aslain", "tundra mod", or "wot map predictor mod" to find the websites who distribute that crap.

But you prefer to deny it, to say that it does not exist, that nobody pays for it and less uses it. Doughtily!  :arta: :facepalm:

barison1 #137 Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:38 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41903 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

View PostBily, on 23 May 2019 - 11:28 AM, said:

Really guys, think a bit, it don't be so hard. You only need googling "warpack", "aslain", "tundra mod", or "wot map predictor mod" to find the websites who distribute that crap.

But you prefer to deny it, to say that it does not exist, that nobody pays for it and less uses it. Doughtily!  :arta: :facepalm:

so far i remember most people never stated that cheats dont exist, just stating that the effects are not that massive and not majority using it. those cheats wont give you map position awareness, indication when you need to push, focus fire to priority targets etc which are the main factors to becoming a good player.

Bily #138 Posted 23 May 2019 - 12:19 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 26340 battles
  • [250H] 250H

View Postbarison1, on 23 May 2019 - 11:38 AM, said:

so far i remember most people never stated that cheats dont exist, just stating that the effects are not that massive and not majority using it. those cheats wont give you map position awareness, indication when you need to push, focus fire to priority targets etc which are the main factors to becoming a good player.

Using illegal mod/s, doesn't become anyone a good player, just a shitty cheater.

The predictor mod of the WoT map (trap) gives you "map position awareness" or at least an accurate idea of the position on map where the enemy are (because they broke anything,[I know you'll want to argue {or discuss, more probably} that it don't spot the name of the player and the model of vehicle]]. What is an advantage over the legal player, or a handicap for the latter; Who should look at their surroundings (fallen trees, fences ...)

11:24 Added after 5 minutes

View Postnikolaink123, on 14 May 2019 - 02:04 PM, said:

Anyone know why the OP trying to fix a problem that was never there to begin with? :confused:

11:28 Added after 9 minutes

Complaint video from YouTube: Illegal Mods ► World of Tanks Cheating Mods

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcjg_ZcyZVo

(not from my authorship)

Heizinberg #139 Posted 23 May 2019 - 12:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2043 battles
  • [SKIL5] SKIL5

First of all, Do NOT BAN cheaters ....this is to easy

Second of all Do Not give cheaters their own server ....they don't need to be given anything.

This is the best way to deal with cheaters:

Once War Gaming finds that someone is using an illegal Mod or Hack then WG needs to go into their game files and set their default gun dispersion to .99 , set their default penetration to 20 and set their tanks armor values to 5. Do not make this visible to the player, allow them to continue to play, eventually they will go mad and rage quit.

Dorander #140 Posted 23 May 2019 - 01:58 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 20640 battles

View PostBily, on 23 May 2019 - 10:28 AM, said:

Hilarity ensues when you list a perfectly free and legal modpack in your list of supposed cheats. Really showing off the ignorance there.

View PostHeizinberg, on 23 May 2019 - 11:37 AM, said:

First of all, Do NOT BAN cheaters ....this is to easy

Second of all Do Not give cheaters their own server ....they don't need to be given anything.

This is the best way to deal with cheaters:

Once War Gaming finds that someone is using an illegal Mod or Hack then WG needs to go into their game files and set their default gun dispersion to .99 , set their default penetration to 20 and set their tanks armor values to 5. Do not make this visible to the player, allow them to continue to play, eventually they will go mad and rage quit.

Or they could just be banned, because I wouldn't want these people on my teams ruining my games. This kind of stuff sounds like a hilariously good idea if it only happens to your enemies, but we don't get to pick the situation that way. Playing with effectively a man down because that person cheated, is a punishment for everyone else as well.

Also tagged with cheat, cheats, server, game experience, gaming experience, leages, competition, improve, premium, vehicles

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users