Tips and Things to KNOW, add YOURS

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

TiMeK1ll3r #1 Posted 14 May 2019 - 01:20 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23920 battles
  • [ORKII] ORKII

Hi guys, saw a similar topic but it turned into a kinda troll one, so i wanted to make a serious one about tactics to follow or tips for playing better.

I'll list a few and try to update them as i learn, feel free to add USEFUL ones please, it's for everyone good and it will maybe boost your chance to have a good match more often.

1. Never come out of corners while exposing the flat side of the tank, to avoid getting tracked or doubletracked. Always try to come out at a certain angle to sidescrape if your tank is able to.

2. On REDSHIRE never push the heavy tank side, it's more efficient to defend it and let enemies get wrecked by the TDs/campers on the central hills. Defending both sides is way easier than pushing them.

3. On ARTIC REGION never push the heavy tank side, like on Redshire, it's way more useful to just defend it from the spawn points

4. If you are in big tanks with low camo don't be the brave one to push just because the team says that you have to, you might just get outspotted by the enemy team and get destroyed without spotting anyone, hence suiciding for no reason at all.

5. If you want to avoid excessive stress try disabling the chat in the options, you are forced not to write comments about players or the performance of the team and you will be more focused on playing the game-

6. Same as before, also don't stay in the game if you are under stress and already dead and the team isn't gonna win anyway or if you don't care about that match.

7. If you are dead stay in the game if you care, but be useful, tell teammates the enemy positions and the remaining HP without spamming the map, because chances are they are just gonna blacklist you and your presence will lower the chances of victory.

8. If you use XVM, even if many people complaints, try to take focus on taking down Unicum or Skilled players, chances are they will are spamming Premium Rounds like there is no tomorrow, and by taking them down you automatically increase the team chances to win.

9. If you have the chance, focus on eliminating High Tier tanks before the Low Tiers, since high tier tanks have better stats than lower tier, by eliminating them you increase your team chances of victory.

10. Also, if you have the choice, try to focus on eliminating the tank with the lowest remaining HP, a tank with 1 HP deals the same damage as a tank at full HP

11. Follow the lemming train, chances are that if you go alone to a side your death will most likely be useless for the team, while the lemming train, or a few players at least, can always fall back and defend the rear/base

Dorander #2 Posted 14 May 2019 - 01:23 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 20369 battles
Use the + key to increase the size of your minimap

TiMeK1ll3r #3 Posted 14 May 2019 - 01:27 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23920 battles
  • [ORKII] ORKII

View PostDorander, on 14 May 2019 - 12:23 PM, said:

Right Bro! Always Increase the size of the minimap to the MAXIMUM POSSIBLE, you will be forced to look at it more often and you will be more aware of the flow of the game

XxKuzkina_MatxX #4 Posted 14 May 2019 - 01:31 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY
If you're behind soft cover (bushes) don't be lazy to back up for 15 meters before firing.

TiMeK1ll3r #5 Posted 14 May 2019 - 01:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23920 battles
  • [ORKII] ORKII

View PostThinGun, on 14 May 2019 - 12:34 PM, said:

*edit

Dude cmon, this is supposed to be an helpful thread, would you mind being useful?

I know you are just flaming but still, instead, just blacklist them

Edited by DarkAri, 14 May 2019 - 05:28 PM.

DeadLecter #6 Posted 14 May 2019 - 01:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29916 battles
Always count the number of spotted enemy tanks on the mini map so you can guesstimate the location of unspotted tanks.

TiMeK1ll3r #7 Posted 14 May 2019 - 01:49 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23920 battles
  • [ORKII] ORKII

View PostDeadLecter, on 14 May 2019 - 12:44 PM, said:

Always count the number of spotted enemy tanks on the mini map so you can guesstimate the location of unspotted tanks.

Also works best with the minimap size at the maximum.

Useful if you see the tier of the spotted tanks too, so other than the number of enemies, you also know what's their tier, works incredibly well if you are in a tank the enemy doesn't expect, like an heavy tank not on the heavy tank side, because of the little psicological surprise shock and the fact that it happens so rarely that they sometimes flee not knowing what to do.

Doesn't always happens but it can greatly help the team if you are able to do that

WorkingasIntended #8 Posted 14 May 2019 - 01:53 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10060 battles

12: Never rely on team mates to see what's happening at any stage.

13: shoot the red tanks not your own team

14: Expect to be hit by your own arty if you are near the enemy

15: The Big pointy thing at the front is called a gun

16: HE does more damage coz it says so in da numbers :confused:

Kozzy #9 Posted 14 May 2019 - 01:56 PM

Major

• Player
  • 40677 battles
  • [RINSE] RINSE

Save Free XP for modules and do not spend it on tanks.  Grind one tank line at a time to use Free XP more effectively.

View PostThinGun, on 14 May 2019 - 12:34 PM, said:

*edit

Well, I guess we cannot be surprised by the quality of your input here.

Edited by DarkAri, 14 May 2019 - 05:28 PM.

jack_timber #10 Posted 14 May 2019 - 01:58 PM

Major

• Player
  • 37502 battles

Endgame 3 v1... Each of the 3 tanks go alone against the 1, often the 1 will win.

Always go together...

Miepie #11 Posted 14 May 2019 - 01:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3121 battles
  • [KEL-O] KEL-O

Setting the minimap to semi-transparent greatly reduces the amount of collisions you will have when leaving the cap circle.

Do not be afraid to reorganise the keyboard/mouse button settings so that they are to your liking and work for you. Random example: I put "Yes", "Help" and "No" under Y, H and N, and put the "targetting" button under one of those on my mouse that I press with my thumb. :great:

Emerald_322 #12 Posted 14 May 2019 - 02:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13344 battles
  • [-322-] -322-

If you get shot and you are unsure where the enemy is hiding then go to settings -> recticle -> set it to diagonal.  the marker gives you 2 reference lines, when you  get the block damage indicator  you turn your gun so the damage indicator + the reference lines are aligned  then thats where they are

for better understanding i drew it Posted Image

Jumping_Turtle #13 Posted 14 May 2019 - 02:15 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 66063 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

Like Guns 'n Roses once told us. All we need is just a little patience.

When the battle can last for 15 minuts there is no need to rush things with 11 minuts to go. Sometimes waiting is much better than rushing into some unspotted enemies.

FrantisekBascovansky #14 Posted 14 May 2019 - 02:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21709 battles

View PostDorander, on 14 May 2019 - 01:23 PM, said:

Perhaps use the "M" key to make your minimap visible in the first place. I suspect half of my teammates use to play the battle without minimap enabled.

When playing an SPG, don't shoot an enemy facehugging your ally. Just don't.

Don't stick your [edited]in front of your allie's loaded gun. You might get shot.

Mimos_A #15 Posted 14 May 2019 - 02:41 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27070 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH

View PostTiMeK1ll3r, on 14 May 2019 - 01:20 PM, said:

8. If you use XVM, even if many people complaints, try to take focus on taking down Unicum or Skilled players, chances are they will are spamming Premium Rounds like there is no tomorrow, and by taking them down you automatically increase the team chances to win.

:facepalm: This is terrible advice. Focus on tanks that are a threat and can be taken out. All this "tip" does is cause people to yolo in like donkeys to KILL THE UNICUM and achieve nothing but terrible trades.

What to focus depends on quite some factors, is there an autoloader around? Are there one-shots that can be finished quickly? How exposed is someone? Is it a threat to you/teammates, etc etc. How purple XVM shows someone to be should literally be the last thing on your priority list.

Edited by Mimos_A, 14 May 2019 - 02:46 PM.

SoupFork #16 Posted 14 May 2019 - 02:51 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10072 battles

The best predictor of winning or losing is not XVM. It’s the first minute of the battle.

If the players are all considerate and try not to ram each other and let the scouts out first, there’s a very good chance you’ll win.

If the players ram, push and block each other and [edited]about it in chat, go make a cup of coffee, it’s already over.

Source: Trust me dude.

OreH75 #17 Posted 14 May 2019 - 02:59 PM

Major

• Player
  • 51133 battles

View PostTiMeK1ll3r, on 14 May 2019 - 01:20 PM, said:

Hi guys, saw a similar topic but it turned into a kinda troll one, so i wanted to make a serious one about tactics to follow or tips for playing better.

I'll list a few and try to update them as i learn, feel free to add USEFUL ones please, it's for everyone good and it will maybe boost your chance to have a good match more often.

"Serious" topic addressing XVM focus and accusing unicums of premium ammo spam...lol.  Trying to take down a unicum will probably end up in premature death for most players. 

Best tips:

Stay alive as long as possible.

Kill the one shot enemy tanks, even if it is 1 hp and you probably will get hit by a camping TD somehwere. One less gun on the enemy team greatly improves your changes of winning.

Edited by OreH75, 14 May 2019 - 03:02 PM.

Sfinski #18 Posted 14 May 2019 - 03:02 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 34757 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
Don't trust your team, they will fail your trust 9/10 times. There's no teamplay in randoms.

TiMeK1ll3r #19 Posted 14 May 2019 - 03:05 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23920 battles
  • [ORKII] ORKII

View PostMimos_A, on 14 May 2019 - 01:41 PM, said:

:facepalm: This is terrible advice. Focus on tanks that are a threat and can be taken out. All this "tip" does is cause people to yolo in like donkeys to KILL THE UNICUM and achieve nothing but terrible trades.

What to focus depends on quite some factors, is there an autoloader around? Are there one-shots that can be finished quickly? How exposed is someone? Is it a threat to you/teammates, etc etc. How purple XVM shows someone to be should literally be the last thing on your priority list.

I don't know dude, it's not always the right thing to do as you say, like, you should totally not do it if the enemy "unicums" are bottom tier tanks, in that case priority goes to Top Tiers who will obliviously have an higher impact on the match outcome.

Jumping_Turtle said, Patience is KEY, pushing enemies if you didn't think about all the variables is just pointless in the first place!

My concern was about the fact that, as i said, more "skilled" players tend to use way more special ammunitions than an unskilled one, which is a good reason to focus them first IF, and only IF, there is a good chance and the trade is good

14:08 Added after 2 minutes

View PostOreH75, on 14 May 2019 - 01:59 PM, said:

"Serious" topic addressing XVM focus and accusing unicums of premium ammo spam...lol.  Trying to take down a unicum will probably end up in premature death for most players. 

Best tips:

Stay alive as long as possible.

Kill the one shot enemy tanks, even if it is 1 hp and you probably will get hit by a camping TD somehwere. One less gun on the enemy team greatly improves your changes of winning.

Read my answer to the guy above, same thing you said, and you are both right too, what i said was not as superficial as it seemed apparently, reasons in the response above

Edited by TiMeK1ll3r, 14 May 2019 - 03:06 PM.

ThinGun #20 Posted 14 May 2019 - 03:09 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 38131 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO
Don't die pointlessly.  Better still, don't die at all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users