Regarding Wheeled vehicles

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Ladindell #1 Posted 14 May 2019 - 01:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23620 battles
  • [1ST] 1ST

First off I want to start with wheeled vehicles are not tanks, so why adding them to the game called World of Tanks, is a mystery to me. I guess WG needs to make more money on the game so they add something that they hope will improve their sales and number of gamers. However, I doubt this made alot more people finding the game or comming back to the game.
Now, I know they wont remove the wheeled vehicles, it would cost them to much to do that. What I would like to see done though is to limit the number of wheeled vehicles in a match just like artillery is. Especially in Frontline. Secondly, I think that the same autoaim system that the wheeled vehicles are given, should also be applied to light tanks.

Definition of TANK:

2. countable noun

tank is a large military vehicle that is equipped with weapons and moves along on metal tracks that are fitted over the wheels.

Lad

barison1 #2 Posted 14 May 2019 - 01:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41665 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

are you aware SPG and TD are not tanks either?

armored cars/spg/td/tank are subclasses of armored fighting vehicles. using the argument armored cars dont belong in WoT as it isnt a tank is pretty weak as it wasnt a "true" tank game for ages due to the game containing spg/td

demon_tank #3 Posted 14 May 2019 - 01:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26375 battles
  • [RED_S] RED_S

View PostLadindell, on 14 May 2019 - 12:46 PM, said:

First off I want to start with wheeled vehicles are not tanks, so why adding them to the game called World of Tanks, is a mystery to me. I guess WG needs to make more money on the game so they add something that they hope will improve their sales and number of gamers. However, I doubt this made alot more people finding the game or comming back to the game.
Now, I know they wont remove the wheeled vehicles, it would cost them to much to do that. What I would like to see done though is to limit the number of wheeled vehicles in a match just like artillery is. Especially in Frontline. Secondly, I think that the same autoaim system that the wheeled vehicles are given, should also be applied to light tanks.

Definition of TANK:

2. countable noun

tank is a large military vehicle that is equipped with weapons and moves along on metal tracks that are fitted over the wheels.

Lad

Its a game.

Sowa_95 #4 Posted 14 May 2019 - 03:00 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26780 battles
  • [1PAPD] 1PAPD

They shouldn't go 100 km/h either.

In fact, all vehicles shouldn't have minimap, because its unrealistic. No third person view either, wtf is this? Back in the day tonks didn't have drones hoovering over them. I won't even talk about reticle ...

People like you are why wheeled tanks are in the game in the first place. I'm playing the game for like 2 years now. Watching news semi-constantly for 1,5 year. I remember before VV, every week there was a guy crying about realism and adding VV to the game. Showing real word schematics and explaining why wheeled tanks should just "be" in the game.

And I was always like "what the heck? Why? Why would you need wheels in this game?". It's not fvcking spin tires. There is ZERO ground physics in WOT. Just slap a mod that changes tracks for wheels, and there you go.

divsmo #5 Posted 14 May 2019 - 04:57 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 35215 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF
I really don't get what the fuss is about and just out of interest have you played them OP?

I've noticed the numbers of them i'm seeing in the random queue has already started to drop. They lack meaningful viewrange are next to useless on city maps which make up 80% of wot.

The only real advantage they have is mobility and the enhanced auto aim which i'm finding to be more of a hinderance especially at close range when it just will not engage.

shikaka9 #6 Posted 14 May 2019 - 05:07 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 67278 battles
  • [SWM] SWM
well this game is not based on tanks, its inspired by real world tanks .. 

The_Boot #7 Posted 14 May 2019 - 05:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 19396 battles
  • [R0GUE] R0GUE
the sooner they nerf the cancerous wheeled element of the game the better, at some point the meta will change, they have no place in the game its foocking laughable

Edited by The_Boot, 14 May 2019 - 05:20 PM.

7thSyndicate #8 Posted 14 May 2019 - 05:27 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 45424 battles
Loving wheelchairs or not, they are breaking the game making games end faster and thats a fact

WindSplitter1 #9 Posted 14 May 2019 - 05:42 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18728 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostLadindell, on 14 May 2019 - 12:46 PM, said:

Definition of TANK:

2. countable noun

Lad

So the game should be shapped accourding to what suits you better?

We already have such players. They're Heavy Tank players. Are you one of them?

NillyCHipples #10 Posted 14 May 2019 - 06:01 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3924 battles
OKAY here we go, I have never shot one of these wheeled vehicles i hit them but never blown one up, they are on my hit list, I was thinking of  paying gold  release some xp and get one, but I would probaly sit and camp like I always do in the game but I think they are fun look good on the videos and yes they can end a game very quickly indeed. I think they bring the fun element into the game, just because they don't have tracks dosen't make them a tank as you see it, and don't forget you haven't mentioned half track vehicles they will be out next and motor bikes on side cars all these played a part in the war even thou some I have mentioned are not a tank but they are part of this game, well I hope they do put in side cars as scouts that would be fun...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users