When will we get a tab in service record for FL?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

xx984 #1 Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:16 AM

Major

• Player
  • 60562 battles
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL

As the title says.

We have tabs for ranked, CW, SH, Advances, Team battles and so on. But none for FL yet. Even grand battles have their own. I personally would love to see which tanks i tend to do best in for frontlines. Maybe even put in a new statistic for it showing average credits made in said tank? 

Anyone else want this? Or is it just me being silly :D

XxKuzkina_MatxX #2 Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:22 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY
Silly!

DuncaN_101 #3 Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:22 AM

Major

• Player
  • 55030 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
Wouldn't say no to this but on the other hand... Doesn't bother me at the moment either?

undutchable80 #4 Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:29 AM

Major

• Player
  • 10322 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I dont know, one of the things I like about FL is the lack of stats. No WR %, no WN8, etc etc for ppl to chase / complain about. 

Emerald_322 #5 Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:36 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13344 battles
  • [-322-] -322-

View Postxx984, on 15 May 2019 - 01:16 PM, said:

As the title says.

We have tabs for ranked, CW, SH, Advances, Team battles and so on. But none for FL yet. Even grand battles have their own. I personally would love to see which tanks i tend to do best in for frontlines. Maybe even put in a new statistic for it showing average credits made in said tank? 

nah mate FL is my only resort where i can play and be aggressive without worrying about marks or stats, let it beeeee

BravelyRanAway #6 Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:39 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 23511 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Postxx984, on 15 May 2019 - 10:16 AM, said:

I personally would love to see which tanks i tend to do best in for frontlines. 

Jauhesammutin #7 Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:48 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23271 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

View Postxx984, on 15 May 2019 - 10:16 AM, said:

As the title says.

It would be nice, but only during FL. I would like to see how other players perform. Like their average rank ETC.

I don't want FL to become statpadding platform. 

Geno1isme #8 Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:51 AM

General

• Player
  • 46224 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
The other modes are just minor variations of random battles (and differences are mostly regarding the MM, not the battle mechanics), so you can track stats in the same way without problems. Frontline is completely different beast due to respawn mechanics and combat reserves, so any per-tank stats become complicated/useless.

Edited by Geno1isme, 15 May 2019 - 11:53 AM.

Brownape #9 Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:54 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7790 battles

Having the freedom to grind credits, ranks, tanks etc without the worry that you are ruining your teammates game is a great idea. Some ppl do care massively about stats (no issue with that) and I don't want to feel obliged to have to perform well all the time.

I actually switched to arty mid-FL game the other day as I noticed it wasn't "front limit" and had the time to setup my screen recording software at the same time as playing, was a nice change of pace  and I happened across a clan mate at the same time - sorry Pynti :teethhappy:

xx984 #10 Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:59 AM

Major

• Player
  • 60562 battles
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL

When i ask to see stats for FL its not because i really care about padding them up, Its more so i can see which ones i preform the best in for FL so i can take those tanks more and earn more credits and get general more often. I dont think Statpadding would be an issue. I dont try to pad up my Ranked stats, Grand battle stats etc. But thats just me personally. 

View PostGeno1isme, on 15 May 2019 - 10:51 AM, said:

The other modes are just minor variations of random battles (and differences are mostly regarding the MM, not the battle mechanics), so you can track stats in the same way without problems. Frontline is completely different beast due to respawn mechanics and combat reserves, so any per-tank stats become complicated/useless.

That makes sense, But the Ranked stats are different from the other ones, Shows vehicle ranks for that specific tank etc. While thats not a major change it shows that it can be different and doesn't have to be the same as the other tabs 

undutchable80 #11 Posted 15 May 2019 - 12:15 PM

Major

• Player
  • 10322 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postxx984, on 15 May 2019 - 11:59 AM, said:

When i ask to see stats for FL its not because i really care about padding them up, Its more so i can see which ones i preform the best in for FL so i can take those tanks more and earn more credits and get general more often. I dont think Statpadding would be an issue. I dont try to pad up my Ranked stats, Grand battle stats etc. But thats just me personally. 

You may not care, and I dont care either, but the moment you introduce stats, there will be people wanting to improve / pad them and start caring about those stats, so I would predict toxicity, premium ammo spam etc to increase. After playing so many games in this mode this year already, I have a good enough knowledge which tanks I perform better in in this mode than others, without the need for stats to back it up. But thats just me. And apart from this episode I generally play mostly non-premium tanks to grind T8 tanks in chill-mode anyway.

Robbie_T #12 Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19132 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Well there some that perform good in FL.

-The wheely's

-Caeravron action X

-Progetto

-Ts 5 if you have to defend objectives.

- Any tank with a good crew in it.

Butt off course its all about the player

Geno1isme #13 Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:23 PM

General

• Player
  • 46224 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View Postxx984, on 15 May 2019 - 12:59 PM, said:

That makes sense, But the Ranked stats are different from the other ones, Shows vehicle ranks for that specific tank etc. While thats not a major change it shows that it can be different and doesn't have to be the same as the other tabs 

Sure, also RB tracks stats per season and not just overall. But as you said, vehicle rank is just another field tacked on top of the "normal" stats. When it comes to numbers things are more tricky as the WG API usually just stores absolute numbers (like total damage done in all games combined) and the displayed stats are calculated in the frontends by comparing those with the number of battles. 

And number of battles is a somewhat tricky thing with Frontline as it doesn't say anything about how long (or how often) the vehicle was actually used. Makes quite a difference if a tank does 2k damage over a ten minute period or over a two minute period. Also combat reserves can massively influence some numbers while not having anything to do with the specific tank but rather depend on cooldown time.

Stuff like survival rate is almost impossible to define for Frontline in a sensible way.

Not saying that is impossible or even complicated to implement, but you really need to define exactly what stats you want for Frontline as they may have to be calculated differently to make any sense.

Brownape #14 Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:32 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7790 battles

View Postxx984, on 15 May 2019 - 11:59 AM, said:

yeah I can see your point...but...mostly I use certain tanks for specific roles. If I die decapping (which others, generally, seem to be afraid of) then i will take a light next (EBR, or M41 90mm) so i can get back to that cap ASAP. This usually results in another death or lots of decap points whereas other the T26E5 i use at the start as it's a good defender to spot and farm damage.

Essentially each type or tank, in my FL games, excels at one type of game play, ergo they will all be "best" in that category. You want to earn more credits? - take something dynamic. You want to earn General more often? - take a fast autoloader than can decap and KILL to get the Exp.

yeah i know this isn't news :sceptic:

7thSyndicate #15 Posted 15 May 2019 - 07:09 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 45538 battles
What for? more statistics to players "worry" about? Currently FL is already a sh** show

ortega456 #16 Posted 15 May 2019 - 07:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 66332 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
I would love to see my stats in FL especially regarding what my average tank or average tank points are!

Brownape #17 Posted 15 May 2019 - 08:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7790 battles

View Postortega456, on 15 May 2019 - 07:20 PM, said:

I would love to see my stats in FL especially regarding what my average tank or average tank points are!

depends how anal you are but you could.....look back through your replays since the new FL started, add up all the replays. Then work out all your earnt FL experience points by adding up your current prestige level exps etc etc. Then simple / and bingo your average points:teethhappy:

Dorander #18 Posted 15 May 2019 - 09:20 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 20369 battles

Sure, seems fun. Then, we can have a "Statistics in the FL tab don't represent skill in playing FL" thread.

... too soon? :trollface:

Balc0ra #19 Posted 15 May 2019 - 09:27 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 70170 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

I mean... thing there is that you can use one tank multiple times in one game.  So it might be a bit confusing to have the stats we have now for it. As max damage, average damage etc. Tho there are some stats I would like to see from the mode. It needs some tweaks I suspect to work. As I would not mind just seeing a simplistic system for overall FL stats across all games, and a list of tank used, and how many times they have fought as defenders, attackers. Total Obj damage, cap reset etc instead. 

Schepel #20 Posted 15 May 2019 - 09:55 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 63698 battles

I imagine it shouldn't be too hard to implement stats, but I'd say WG ought to have different priorities. Between poor game design and ghost tanks, I do believe there is 'some' room for improvement.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users