• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

HamsterHead #1 Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8250 battles
  • [BNASR] BNASR

Hi everyone,

I have read most of the guides and instructions on how the game works. However, I cannot find out why this AMX 12T has done "better" than me in this game?

Best regards,

HamsterHead

Attached Files

• Attached File   Capture1.JPG   109.18K
  • Attached File   Capture2.JPG   110.67K

barison1 #2 Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:38 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41665 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

there is a possibility you didnt spot any tank you were shooting, so the xp is split in half, half the xp for you, other half for the "spotter". while 12t was shooting his own spotted target. maybe he shot higher tier targets while you shot tier 6. lights usually get more xp for dmg aswell so far im aware.

there are bunch possibilities but xp rewarding can be pretty odd so now and then

HamsterHead #3 Posted 16 May 2019 - 12:43 AM

Private

• Player
  • 8250 battles
  • [BNASR] BNASR

Alright, thanks!

I didn't know that light tanks got more xp for their damage. Because even if my damage is split in half, I still would have more than the AMX, that's why I was wondering.

Also I didn't know that damaging higher tier targets give more xp, thanks!

Edited by HamsterHead, 16 May 2019 - 12:43 AM.

Balc0ra #4 Posted 16 May 2019 - 03:08 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 70166 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostHamsterHead, on 16 May 2019 - 12:43 AM, said:

Alright, thanks!

I didn't know that light tanks got more xp for their damage. Because even if my damage is split in half, I still would have more than the AMX, that's why I was wondering.

Lights don't. It's the same for all. Lights only get more XP vs others if they damage HT modules. Don't matter if you play HT's, meds or lights. If you spot for others, you get 50% of the XP from the one doing the damage on your spotting. If you sit back and farm damage on the 2nd line on his spotting, you lose 50% XP pr damage point as you are not spotting your own targets. If you do shoot targets you do spot, nothing is lost. As you had a few shots on 300m or more. I suspect that could have been not on your own spotting. 

There are many variables on calculating XP. Thus you won't get the same for 1000 damage each time. As for how you do that damage counts too. I suggest you read this link to understand all the variables more. 

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Battle_Mechanics#Experience_and_Credits

That and it was a loss, so no victory bonus. Thus when most get 200 XP or lower, the gaps are smaller, and most seems to get more for way less more easily.

barison1 #5 Posted 16 May 2019 - 02:18 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41665 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

View PostBalc0ra, on 16 May 2019 - 03:08 AM, said:

Lights don't. It's the same for all. Lights only get more XP vs others if they damage HT modules. Don't matter if you play HT's, meds or lights.

ah thats my misconception then, my bad. usually with low dmg already getting quite some xp while i been playing LT, but it can be caused by other factors

Geno1isme #6 Posted 16 May 2019 - 03:01 PM

General

• Player
  • 46107 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
In general don't bother with XP results on clear losses. The numbers are usually so small that even tiny details can make a huge difference in rank, and we don't know every little detail of the XP distribution system.

HamsterHead #7 Posted 16 May 2019 - 04:49 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8250 battles
  • [BNASR] BNASR
Alright, thanks for the explanations. So indeed also the modules damaged by each of the two tanks is not shown so it could be he damaged more modules and just got a bit more. I understand that there is only a really small difference between the experiences but initially I couldn't see why. It seems the issue was quite easy. Anyways, thanks for your replies!

Homer_J #8 Posted 16 May 2019 - 05:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31411 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostHamsterHead, on 15 May 2019 - 11:30 PM, said:

I have read most of the guides and instructions on how the game works. However, I cannot find out why this AMX 12T has done "better" than me in this game?

The game decided he was more useful than you.  And it's not like it's a massive difference anyway.  One of you got very little and the other got very little.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #9 Posted 17 May 2019 - 09:06 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32403 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostHomer_J, on 16 May 2019 - 05:06 PM, said:

The game decided he was more useful than you.  And it's not like it's a massive difference anyway.  One of you got very little and the other got very little.

That was a little unnecessary. It was a perfectly legitimate question asked politely.

Homer_J #10 Posted 17 May 2019 - 09:18 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31411 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 17 May 2019 - 09:06 AM, said:

That was a little unnecessary. It was a perfectly legitimate question asked politely.

I find your comment totally unnecessary.  I gave a legitimate and accurate answer.

EXP is not awarded just for doing specific things because then it would be gameable, like people do in FL, they only perform certain tasks based on the little bar going up.  There is an exp allocation for "being in the battle", which is a measure of how much use you were.

StinkyStonky #11 Posted 17 May 2019 - 09:21 AM

Major

• Player
  • 32193 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

You also get XP for doing module damage.  If he killed a crew member or damaged a fuel tank, he would have got XP for that (and it's not broken out on the results.)

It's a little frustrating but the actual final XP number is often a mystery.

That itself opens up the possibility for another, age old explanation ... The calculation is just bugged.

08:28 Added after 7 minutes

View PostHomer_J, on 17 May 2019 - 08:18 AM, said:

There is an exp allocation for "being in the battle", which is a measure of how much use you were.

Is that true ?  I've always suspected it but never seen any details published.  From a software point of view "being in the battle" would have to resolve to a mathematically measurable quantity.

I've often wondered in things like blocking damage, getting spotted, doing damage while not spotted, distance travelled, trees knocked over, etc. contribute in some small way. 

I know people will adamantly claim those things don't (or do) make any difference.  I also know that unless you're read the code you can't be sure (even with what WG might claim).  

Homer_J #12 Posted 17 May 2019 - 11:03 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31411 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostStinkyStonky, on 17 May 2019 - 09:21 AM, said:

Is that true ?  I've always suspected it but never seen any details published. 

Considering it came from the most reliable source we ever had back in the days when Minsk communicated with us directly then there is a good chance it exists.

LordMuffin #13 Posted 17 May 2019 - 02:14 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 50382 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostHamsterHead, on 15 May 2019 - 11:30 PM, said:

Hi everyone,

Best regards,

HamsterHead

You shouldn't think that the xp rewards is a perfect measure of how you did in the battle. 

It is an ok and rather inaccurate measure of a players contribution to a win and that's it.

Why he got more xp has to do with how xp is calculated, and probably, in this case, he shot enemies of higher tier that he spotted himself while you shot enemies you didn't spot, and that weren't of higher tier.

13:16 Added after 1 minute

View PostHomer_J, on 16 May 2019 - 05:06 PM, said:

Game decided indeed.

But it doesn't mean the decision was correct.

Xp values are not an accurate indicator of influence over a game. 

Homer_J #14 Posted 17 May 2019 - 03:36 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31411 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostLordMuffin, on 17 May 2019 - 02:14 PM, said:

Game decided indeed.

But it doesn't mean the decision was correct.

I didn't say it was.  But correct or not there's no arguing with it.

Also tagged with battle results

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users