Cars in frontlines are so much fun

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

FTR #1 Posted 16 May 2019 - 02:01 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 15732 battles

Seriously, I don't even play them in regular battles, but I am having great time playing them in frontlines

Sneaking to destroy objective, outmaneuvering people, chasing or being chased. It's just a blast.

I don't think I would stand playing frontlines if I wouldn't have EBR. It's completely different experience than playing something slow. Hell, it's even very different from playing something as fast as LT-432 and it's "only" 10km/h difference on paper.

I thought I am gonna throw something positive in this sea of whiny threads.

7thSyndicate #2 Posted 16 May 2019 - 02:04 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 45538 battles
edited

Edited by BunnyCommander, 16 May 2019 - 09:15 AM.
be constructive

kaneloon #3 Posted 16 May 2019 - 02:23 AM

Major

• Player
  • 30053 battles
  • [FR2DB] FR2DB
Not sure everyone would see this as "positive" ...

Wrinkly #4 Posted 16 May 2019 - 03:34 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 47377 battles

View PostFTR, on 16 May 2019 - 01:01 AM, said:

Sneaking to destroy objective,

This is one of the things that just ruins Frontlines, and as you should know by now, makes the grind even longer.

zsplintersz #5 Posted 16 May 2019 - 04:13 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1921 battles

View PostFTR, on 16 May 2019 - 02:01 AM, said:

Seriously, I don't even play them in regular battles, but I am having great time playing them in frontlines

Sneaking to destroy objective, outmaneuvering people, chasing or being chased. It's just a blast.

I don't think I would stand playing frontlines if I wouldn't have EBR. It's completely different experience than playing something slow. Hell, it's even very different from playing something as fast as LT-432 and it's "only" 10km/h difference on paper.

edited:izmena:

Edited by BunnyCommander, 16 May 2019 - 09:16 AM.
no naming and shaming

Camarao_Du_Mont #6 Posted 16 May 2019 - 04:39 AM

Private

• Player
  • 15949 battles

I check for EBR's in the matchmaking the same way I check for arty.

It does not belong to the game.

It even causes problems to the game server, it moves so fast that it can cross a street faster than the Spot/Render time.

Fancy auto aim… 

Fun as hell to play, yes, ill certainly grind the tier X, for the same reason I play arty… To collect hate messages, thats certainly good for the game.

zsplintersz #7 Posted 16 May 2019 - 04:51 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1921 battles

View PostCamarao_Du_Mont, on 16 May 2019 - 04:39 AM, said:

It even causes problems to the game server, it moves so fast that it can cross a street faster than the Spot/Render time.

Fancy auto aim… 

Fun as hell to play, yes, ill certainly grind the tier X, for the same reason I play arty… To collect hate messages, thats certainly good for the game.

Today I shot with my tank a wheeled vehicle. I got : "Çritical hit",  zero damage. 

I want to propose the gamemakers to get into a real car. I will be in a real tank. Shoot at them and look if i get a "critical hit" 

This game became ridiculous. less tactical.

If Wargaming wanna compete with non tactical shooters, they will loose. A lot of people will leave this game. But hell these greedy Russians wanna compete with every game so people playing and paying for many years are leaving...The new players will leave after some weeks because this game is to slow or to much tactics....

ortega456 #8 Posted 16 May 2019 - 05:19 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 66332 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
I understand the hate but nevertheless I love playing ebr in Frontline too. Easy cap points and often enough defence points! So much room to maneuver.

Xqual #9 Posted 16 May 2019 - 05:37 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 63319 battles

Fun fact.
When WG will wake up and do something about these monstrosities, and balance them.
The EBR 75 will remain unchanged, because WG dont balance premium tanks.
Which will make it the KING of scouting in the game.
I dont play lights anymore because of the carts. Why would i? The carts cant roll over, cant slide, cant be stopped, and will run circles around all other lights, have higer HE pen, than tierX TD's.

And when they get "balanced" the EBR75 will stilll be able to do all those things. "We dont change premium tanks"

Sfinski #10 Posted 16 May 2019 - 05:39 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 34757 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View PostCamarao_Du_Mont, on 16 May 2019 - 05:39 AM, said:

Fancy auto aim… 

Never gotten a hate message from playing EBRs.

View Postzsplintersz, on 16 May 2019 - 05:51 AM, said:

Today I shot with my tank a wheeled vehicle. I got : "Çritical hit",  zero damage. 

I want to propose the gamemakers to get into a real car. I will be in a real tank. Shoot at them and look if i get a "critical hit" 

This game became ridiculous. less tactical.

If Wargaming wanna compete with non tactical shooters, they will loose. A lot of people will leave this game. But hell these greedy Russians wanna compete with every game so people playing and paying for many years are leaving...The new players will leave after some weeks because this game is to slow or to much tactics....

Dont shoot under them, hit the hull or turret. Exactly the same as every tank in the game.

SuperOlsson #11 Posted 16 May 2019 - 07:19 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22812 battles
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM
Yeah the EBR is my new favourite for frontline! Sneak up unexpected anywhere, farm cap/decap points, it is even great for dishing out damage. Also my new favourite move as an attacker is to go to cap, lure out those defenders who think "Yay, free decap points for mah general!", then fart off without them getting any decap points and now being in bad positions (works especially well on B), it's amazing how many players just Yolo for some decap points. Though i don't sneak up on objectives, as i play frontline to farm generals.

scouse_in_the_house #12 Posted 16 May 2019 - 08:20 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1019 battles
Fun for you frustration for 10+ others, I've stopped bothering with frontlines now purely because of the EBR.  Last game I played in that joke 1 EBR pretty much held A singled handedly the game ended he was general I was still sergeant we capped 1 base...

Jauhesammutin #13 Posted 16 May 2019 - 08:37 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23271 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

Sneaking to destroy objective

edited

Edited by BunnyCommander, 16 May 2019 - 09:11 AM.
respect others

Hammerhead20 #14 Posted 16 May 2019 - 08:43 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 27747 battles

"I am gonna throw something positive"

You kidding, right?

I don't see anything positive in these wheeled edited things...

They just ruined the last fun of Frontline completely along side with non-stop artillery strikes...

In fact, these things ruined Random battles as well...

Edited by BunnyCommander, 16 May 2019 - 09:21 AM.
inappropriate language

Cobra6 #15 Posted 16 May 2019 - 08:49 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16470 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

I play the WV myself but stop sneaking to the objectives early on and ruining the match for everyone including your own team.

You get XP/Income from doing damage, capping and generally stalling the match as long as possible. Cutting the match short by destroying objectives early on robs *EVERYONE* of their income and fun.

Fight for the caps etc. in your EBR.

Cobra 6

Elcarsh #16 Posted 16 May 2019 - 09:03 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1809 battles
  • [TJAEG] TJAEG

View PostCobra6, on 16 May 2019 - 08:49 AM, said:

I play the WV myself but stop sneaking to the objectives early on and ruining the match for everyone including your own team.

You get XP/Income from doing damage, capping and generally stalling the match as long as possible. Cutting the match short by destroying objectives early on robs *EVERYONE* of their income and fun.

Cobra 6

...which is all just ridiculously stupid in itself; punishing people for winning swiftly, and making the rank point rewards better for a slow loss than a quick win.

Homer_J #17 Posted 16 May 2019 - 10:26 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31416 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCamarao_Du_Mont, on 16 May 2019 - 04:39 AM, said:

Fancy auto aim… 

Same autoaim as everyone else.

Slightly different lock on mechanism which fails more often than it works.

Prowler_DK #18 Posted 16 May 2019 - 11:59 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 103051 battles
  • [-NFD-] -NFD-

View PostHomer_J, on 16 May 2019 - 10:26 AM, said:

Same autoaim as everyone else.

Slightly different lock on mechanism which fails more often than it works.

Not true! - i get hit with every single shot from the ww's. They have no dispersion on the move - i might say so in the stats, but the hidden stats is different.....

Jumping_Turtle #19 Posted 16 May 2019 - 12:05 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 66063 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT
They are great when defending to hunt down the arties on all three lanes. Even researched the Lynx specially for that and it gives me great pleasure ;)

FTR #20 Posted 16 May 2019 - 12:34 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 15732 battles

View PostSuperOlsson, on 16 May 2019 - 07:19 AM, said:

Yeah the EBR is my new favourite for frontline! Sneak up unexpected anywhere, farm cap/decap points, it is even great for dishing out damage. Also my new favourite move as an attacker is to go to cap, lure out those defenders who think "Yay, free decap points for mah general!", then fart off without them getting any decap points and now being in bad positions (works especially well on B), it's amazing how many players just Yolo for some decap points. Though i don't sneak up on objectives, as i play frontline to farm generals.

Heh that's good idea. I gotta have to try this.

View PostCobra6, on 16 May 2019 - 08:49 AM, said:

Cobra 6

Perhaps. But then again the sooner you win the game, the sooner you can start next one. I think you gonna get more points from two 10 games than one 20 minute game (just shitty example but you get my point). And you often have major/general anyway when you get opportunity to sneak up.

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 16 May 2019 - 12:05 PM, said:

They are great when defending to hunt down the arties on all three lanes. Even researched the Lynx specially for that and it gives me great pleasure ;)

Oh yeah looking for arty is one of my favorite things to do in EBR. It's not even a good idea because it does not contribute too much to winning and wastes a lot of fun, but killing arty is always satisfying.

Seems like I offended some people somehow. It wasn't my intention. I play other tanks in frontlines as well, mainly T-44-100 and LT-432, and I never thought cars are too annoying to fight against but I guess it depends of situation. I think if your own EBR drivers are kinda bad, then enemy team light tanks and cars gonna have great time, since you cannot really chase enemy EBR in your medium tank and stop him from destroying objective. When I play my EBR I usually try to prevent enemy EBR or Lynx sneaking to our arty or objectives but this doesn't happen too often. You really gotta find good opening with no enemies in sight to sneak up to objective, otherwise it's suicide mission.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users