Why do we need Arty in Frontline? A serious question indeed.

Arty Frontline

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

amashi #21 Posted 16 May 2019 - 03:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13812 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 16 May 2019 - 04:49 PM, said:

If every other player is constantly bombarding you every 30 secs with airstrike/artillery then why do you even care about the tiny number of actual SPGs in the game?

I find the player ability bombardment/arty less effective and manageable , then those horrid SPG players with their Laser guided Stun/Dmg combo's - they are vicious. 

Edited by amashi, 16 May 2019 - 03:57 PM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #22 Posted 16 May 2019 - 04:01 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 32811 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
SPG fire is easy to avoid. The ability ones will slam you no matter where you hide.

Wintermute_1 #23 Posted 16 May 2019 - 04:12 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 48356 battles
As far as I'm concerned Arty in FL is a non issue, barely even notice it's presence. Arty strikes and Air strikes are so pervasive however I move literally every time I hear the thump! thump! thump!

Homer_J #24 Posted 16 May 2019 - 04:49 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31481 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postamashi, on 16 May 2019 - 12:57 PM, said:

We do have 2 Arty abilities - Airstrike and Artillery strike, yes each player can spam an Arty attack and AOE attack every 90 seconds or so. So why do we need SPG players in Frontline?

View PostDorander, on 16 May 2019 - 12:59 PM, said:

SPGs are part of the game. The correct question would've been "Why do we have airstrike and artystrikes consumables in Frontline?", else this is just another generic artywhine.

This.

Get rid of all the console game powerups including that spotter plane which makes a mockery of camo and have 3x the arty units.

At the moment it is not world of tanks, it's world of spams.

Edited by Homer_J, 16 May 2019 - 04:49 PM.

8126Jakobsson #25 Posted 16 May 2019 - 06:10 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 75801 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 16 May 2019 - 04:01 PM, said:

SPG fire is easy to avoid. The ability ones will slam you no matter where you hide.

But the ability ones have a long timer on them and usually comes in waves when tanks that have survived long enough gets access to them. An SPG can just chill in the back and focus on the easy cap circle(s) (which is the only target area that matters) with a relatively fast and steady reload. 

994250 #26 Posted 16 May 2019 - 06:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6312 battles
                                                                                    reserves               SPG

-has pinpoint accuracy.                                                     X                        -

-can be used while moving, without aim time.                   X                         -

-can land behind buildings and rocks/hills.                       X                         -

-no range limitations.                                                        X                         -

-reload time.                                                                     -                          X

-limit                                                                                 30                        3

Then we could talk about how you can't even repair your tracks if you are hit by support fire.
Because it will instantly destroy it again.

So you mean to tell me. The SPG is the bigger problem here?

Edited by 994250, 16 May 2019 - 06:32 PM.

Yaccay #27 Posted 16 May 2019 - 06:33 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34949 battles
  • [4TL] 4TL

Why do we need wheeled vehicles in Frontline?

In the previous Frontline season we had not have any wheeled vehicles and everything was fine....

A serious question indeed.

ps.: I hope you understand sarcasm.

Edited by Yaccay, 16 May 2019 - 06:33 PM.

Homer_J #28 Posted 16 May 2019 - 06:40 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31481 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostYaccay, on 16 May 2019 - 06:33 PM, said:

Why do we need wheeled vehicles in Frontline?

In the previous Frontline season we had not have any wheeled vehicles and everything was fine....

Wheeled vehicles made FL interesting.  No sarcasm required.

Bordhaw #29 Posted 16 May 2019 - 07:12 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13870 battles

View Postamashi, on 16 May 2019 - 11:57 AM, said:

We do have 2 Arty abilities - Airstrike and Artillery strike, yes each player can spam an Arty attack and AOE attack every 90 seconds or so. So why do we need SPG players in Frontline?

Not only you get carpet bombed, you also get Nuked by SPG's constantly. When the season started I naively thought, ah only 3 Arty allowed, it's not that bad. Now after few episodes they are focusing players from across the map, sucking the fun out of Frontline. I'm telling you WG can't make a single mode without those goddamn life sucking vampires? You already gave 2 AOE abilities for ALL Frontline players, and you thought 'Ok lets bring Arta in'...

Oh thanks for the new Heavy spall-liner, it's a life saver... Kappa

Stop playing heavies in frontline.....

Dorander #30 Posted 16 May 2019 - 07:48 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 20613 battles

View Postamashi, on 16 May 2019 - 02:40 PM, said:

Good idea, didn't thought about Arty having an extra Arty attack, this is horrible and must not be allowed. It's like allowing a form of cheating. How giving Tanks a second fire a round ability like activating a med-kit? 

WG Wake up! your game is dying from excessive Arty bombardment! 

Generic artywhine confirmed.

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 16 May 2019 - 01:56 PM, said:

Though I think saying those consumables should be removed is just not going to happen, I am of the opinion that arty itself should not have access to those consumables. In fact, I don't think arty should have access to any consumable (especially not 3), but go figure. At most I don't think the arty strike should have the ability to track you. Instead of what it is now, people who are quick enough to react would end up receiving less damage whereas someone who is tracked and then bombed would receive more.

It wouldn't be something like this where, for the entirety of my 1.6k hp, I would lose all but 14 to four (or three, but pretty sure it was four) consecutive arty strikes that I simply couldn't do anything about (even if my repair kit was available; which it wasn't due to my engagement on the corner; I don't believe I would've had the opening to use it and get away in time between them, simply they would track me instantly again and I would slowly be bombed to death regardless.

I'm aware the consumables won't be removed, just like people should get it through their thick skulls artillery will not be removed, no matter how many reasons they invent for why it shouldn't exist. And reasons like these consumables really take the cake, because they are far worse than anything artillery has ever brought to the table; they are more lethal, have longer stun durations, are perfectly vertical, perfectly accurate and have unlimited range. Everything that people supposedly hate about artillery, these consumables do worse, but it's the *class* that has to go?

Whether or not artillery should have access to those consumables is a seperate discussion, and most of the arguments in that discussion also apply to the statement that any tank should not have these consumables. I feel your pain on the multibombing, it happens to me too, however there's no reason to assume that's people in artilleries dropping them on you, it can be anyone. It can be a random bloke on the other side of the map with three mountains in between, because all it requires is that you're spotted.

Desyatnik_Pansy #31 Posted 16 May 2019 - 08:51 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17758 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostDorander, on 16 May 2019 - 07:48 PM, said:

Whether or not artillery should have access to those consumables is a seperate discussion, and most of the arguments in that discussion also apply to the statement that any tank should not have these consumables. I feel your pain on the multibombing, it happens to me too, however there's no reason to assume that's people in artilleries dropping them on you, it can be anyone. It can be a random bloke on the other side of the map with three mountains in between, because all it requires is that you're spotted.

Oh, I wasn't trying to imply it was arty using arty strikes on me. I apologise for the misunderstanding. :P

Also tagged with Arty, Frontline

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users