Does anybody actually know how Frontline ranks are calculated?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

24doom24 #1 Posted 17 May 2019 - 09:53 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7747 battles

It's more random than +-25% rng. Sometimes the requirement to get major are quite low and other battles I could not even get major with 11k combined and a defender medal. Why are there such discrepancies between the amount of generals per team every game? My team finishes with none and the enemy finishes with 7 generals, despite players on my team doing close to 15k combined. 

Its also too heavily weighted towards light tank drivers. These wheelies EBRs capping in the first 2 minutes ruin the damn game mode and get general way too much. Heavy and TD drivers have to grind out monumental amounts of damage just to get the same ranks. Is major for 11k combined too much to ask? For WG apparently so. We had something good and WG chokes the fun out of it by making it a huge grindfest. 

PS. Air strikes are cancer.

Balc0ra #2 Posted 18 May 2019 - 12:40 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 70161 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Post24doom24, on 17 May 2019 - 09:53 PM, said:

It's more random than +-25% rng. Sometimes the requirement to get major are quite low and other battles I could not even get major with 11k combined and a defender medal. Why are there such discrepancies between the amount of generals per team every game? My team finishes with none and the enemy finishes with 7 generals, despite players on my team doing close to 15k combined.

It's not based on damage or assist alone, or kills etc. For instance I got General with 4K damage and 1K assist once as the attacker. But I also had 190 capture points by helping 4 bases get capped. I've also gotten to General as the Defender in the SU-130 PM with 6K damage defending C and then F. As a majority of that damage was vs targets in the cap that gives a rank bonus on top of the damage. As you get rewarded for playing the objectives, not for sitting at the sideline farming damage away from the objectives if you will.

View Post24doom24, on 17 May 2019 - 09:53 PM, said:

Heavy and TD drivers have to grind out monumental amounts of damage just to get the same ranks. Is major for 11k combined too much to ask? For WG apparently so. We had something good and WG chokes the fun out of it by making it a huge grindfest.

If I don't play the objectives that much when defending. General is usually around 10K combined. But if turret damage is a majority of that 11K combined. Then it seems to give less of a bonus vs targets near it. As I did solo the 4 and 5 turret in the TS-5 one game, as that's 7K objective damage to see how much bonus it gave me. Was still a capt before it, as I was after.

But have tanks and their skills set to defending or attacking. TD mounted with recon and arty are great for defending. Fastest Capt to Major I've seen was 5 seconds. As I was on my SU-130 PM defending F. I put a recon plane over the cap, then an arty strike on several targets capping, killing 2. + I got assist from all the guns around me hitting them. Then it jumped up rather fast, vs if I just sat there shooting targets pushing the railway and ignoring the cap.

Edited by Balc0ra, 18 May 2019 - 12:43 AM.

SuedKAT #3 Posted 18 May 2019 - 03:57 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Overall it's the caps that matter, either getting decap points as a defender or capping points as an attacker, that's why it's so easy to farm General as a defender in arty, especially if you pair it with Engineering, Recon Flight and Airstrike, all you do is shoot at the targets in the cap and voila General rank acquired. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users