Sand river in a heavy, south spot

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

WojtekTheBear #1 Posted 17 May 2019 - 11:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 28228 battles
Where do you go in your heavy, when you are on the Sand River in a heavy tank when there is artillery and you are in the Southern spawn? I usually try to go to the canyon, but artillery ruins me regardless where I am in the canyon. Going North doesn't seem to be sensible, and South requires gun depression. So where do you go?

PayToWinDude #2 Posted 17 May 2019 - 11:56 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11204 battles
Base camping

XxKuzkina_MatxX #3 Posted 17 May 2019 - 11:56 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

Take a look at this...

Spoiler

Where is the southern spawn?

HundeWurst #4 Posted 18 May 2019 - 12:02 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 73557 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

If you want to have a nice game you stay in the south and push the K line.

Once you are below the dunes arty is going to have a hard time fighting you, while you can start pummeling the enemies in the middle and in the front. Sadly that often does not work because Bobs either fall into the trap going into the middle or just do stupid stuff.

4nt #5 Posted 18 May 2019 - 12:04 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26804 battles
Wouldn't that depend on tank?

Wz1-4 did good on south dunes and veering to town, not going against td hills. Speed also enables it to contest center dune, both dip and North. Not too bad results going north route either. T-10 similiarily, so anything w/o gundep and enough speed should just avoid canyon.

100OP felt dedicately canyon tank. O-ni also, though top tier both can go wherever they want. Guess this goes for rest of slow and ponderous machines, except for Oho that lacks front armor.

I guess that some high gundep, high turret armor vehicles could use canyon ramps to great effect?

Leepants #6 Posted 18 May 2019 - 01:08 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19049 battles
  • [ZIIP] ZIIP

If gun depression - village bit early game cos arty cover? And can go back when game develops if required, but can go forward too. Just something different..... 

IMO, no hard and fast "rules" just options.

LordMuffin #7 Posted 18 May 2019 - 07:30 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 50281 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
I go through K-line or the top side depending on what I prefer.
Rarely canyon.

UrQuan #8 Posted 18 May 2019 - 08:42 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20693 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

It mainly depends on what kind of heavy you're driving tbh. If you got gun depression and/or mobility, You best go either north (mountains) or south (hills). Both sides offer you ways to assist the team & take map control & help you win the match. From south you can have a good vantage point to shoot at a large part of the map & hinder enemies/support greens. North offers more cross-fire support with how the mountain breaks things up.

Going canyon mainly offers one function: get shot at. Hence only go there if you're willing to get fired at. Main purpose is drawing away fire from more important flanks to you. I tend to go valley, but that's because I drive slower heavy armored tanks & do my best to be a juicy target to be shot at. More tanks firing at me, less tanks firing at my team & valley is great for drawing all that TD fire. To repeat, you don't go valley to do damage, you go tehre to be shot at, so your team doesn't get shot at (or less)

I see way too many folks go canyon & then hide & be clueless on what to do next. Most of the times, you can do alot more on the north & south flanks once you get used to them.

If you're a slow heavy armored tank with no gun depression, canyon can be fun tho:

Here I am lads! Come get some!

Solstad1069 #9 Posted 18 May 2019 - 05:09 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 42205 battles

View PostUrQuan, on 18 May 2019 - 08:42 AM, said:

It mainly depends on what kind of heavy you're driving tbh. If you got gun depression and/or mobility, You best go either north (mountains) or south (hills). Both sides offer you ways to assist the team & take map control & help you win the match. From south you can have a good vantage point to shoot at a large part of the map & hinder enemies/support greens. North offers more cross-fire support with how the mountain breaks things up.

Going canyon mainly offers one function: get shot at. Hence only go there if you're willing to get fired at. Main purpose is drawing away fire from more important flanks to you. I tend to go valley, but that's because I drive slower heavy armored tanks & do my best to be a juicy target to be shot at. More tanks firing at me, less tanks firing at my team & valley is great for drawing all that TD fire. To repeat, you don't go valley to do damage, you go tehre to be shot at, so your team doesn't get shot at (or less)

I see way too many folks go canyon & then hide & be clueless on what to do next. Most of the times, you can do alot more on the north & south flanks once you get used to them.

If you're a slow heavy armored tank with no gun depression, canyon can be fun tho:

Here I am lads! Come get some!

:P the so called OP E25 is really wasting his time shooting at your front.
16:13 Added after 4 minutes

View PostWojtekTheBear, on 17 May 2019 - 11:53 PM, said:

Where do you go in your heavy, when you are on the Sand River in a heavy tank when there is artillery and you are in the Southern spawn? I usually try to go to the canyon, but artillery ruins me regardless where I am in the canyon. Going North doesn't seem to be sensible, and South requires gun depression. So where do you go?

If there are arties in the game and you go canyon, you very easily get locked down,, but arty can be partly avoided if you hug the mountain.
Like in the picture above from UrQuan they do what he did and they die very quicly IF you have the right tanks behind you.

friedeggnchips #10 Posted 18 May 2019 - 06:53 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2240 battles

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 17 May 2019 - 10:56 PM, said:

Take a look at this...

Spoiler

The spawn nearest the south? :unsure:

WojtekTheBear #11 Posted Yesterday, 04:18 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 28228 battles

View PostSolstad1069, on 18 May 2019 - 05:09 PM, said:

:P the so called OP E25 is really wasting his time shooting at your front.
16:13 Added after 4 minutes

If there are arties in the game and you go canyon, you very easily get locked down,, but arty can be partly avoided if you hug the mountain.
Like in the picture above from UrQuan they do what he did and they die very quicly IF you have the right tanks behind you.

It doesn't matter that much where in the canyon you go, if your team doesn't push south and arty is willing to relocate, they will wreck you.

BlackBloodBandit #12 Posted Yesterday, 11:29 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4457 battles

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 17 May 2019 - 11:56 PM, said:

Take a look at this...

Spoiler

simple: attack/defense mode

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users