Newcomers 10000 limit

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

GANDALF_WOT #1 Posted 19 May 2019 - 12:46 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 50663 battles
New players should be in protected MM group till 10000 battles. During this time they could get some higher tier tanks and game (maps and tactic) experience before they are thrown to lions. This will also lead to more balanced battles in higher tiers.

SiliconSidewinder #2 Posted 19 May 2019 - 12:56 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 29050 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

no.

1: you would effectively splttt the playerbase in two different servers making mm for everybody a lot harder.

2: you would deprive new players the chance to learn from the more experienced.

3: 10 k games are such a huge amount of games... that's easily a whole year of gameing, heck it could be three or four.

4: your plan would hit any player with a huge frustrationwall at 10k games. he would have to relearn the game complelty and most likely quit.

in short: you don't get better by avoiding competiition.

OIias_of_Sunhillow #3 Posted 19 May 2019 - 01:04 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 25929 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
And make it way easier for rerolls. ;)

VonniVidiVici #4 Posted 19 May 2019 - 06:30 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38759 battles
I'd expect a wizard to put at least a modicum of thought into his ideas before sharing them.

Fledermaus_Luke #5 Posted 19 May 2019 - 07:12 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3776 battles
  • [PLSNO] PLSNO
:) I agree with OP - every government and non-government organisation will be extremely grateful for such innovation in WoT. That will lower the WoT's impact on gamer's population by a big margin -> more healthy society.

Edited by Fledermaus_Luke, 19 May 2019 - 07:13 PM.

malachi6 #6 Posted 19 May 2019 - 09:17 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 50920 battles

One does not simply make bad suggestions about new player protection.

Could not be bothered to find the gif.  can someone do that?

Edited by malachi6, 19 May 2019 - 09:20 PM.

Venom7000 #7 Posted 20 May 2019 - 01:56 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6899 battles

Terrible idea mate. 10k games is huge!! I have half of that and I can still say that I encountered all and saw all that the game can throw at me. Now its just the simple manner of “git gud” by utilising what I learned on the battlefield.

Want to help newcomers? Lock tier 1-4 in a special MM where people under 1000 games can play alone and anyone over 1k games can only play tiers 1-4 with other players with over 1k games.

Tiers 1-4 (I would also argue 5 but ok lets not) are the most important tiers where the new player is deciding if he wants to invest his time in to the game.

Imagine how a sealclubbing tryhard with op premium tank and equipment and gold autocannon will affect that decision!!?

One of my first threads was “unfair tier 1-4 autocannons and sealclubers”

I am speaking as a relatively new player who unlike most members here still remembers his first 3 tiers. Given the age of my account and number of games. :)

Lemme tell you, seal clubbing in tiers 1-4 is bigger problem than anything. :teethhappy:

Bordhaw #8 Posted 20 May 2019 - 06:44 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14894 battles

View PostGANDALF_WOT, on 19 May 2019 - 11:46 AM, said:

New players should be in protected MM group till 10000 battles. During this time they could get some higher tier tanks and game (maps and tactic) experience before they are thrown to lions. This will also lead to more balanced battles in higher tiers.

Maybe that would that have helped yourself ? 

Jigabachi #9 Posted 20 May 2019 - 07:27 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Truly stupid idea. Obviously. Think about it for 5 seconds...

Hint: For normal people, who don't play 5+ hours every day, 10k matches is quite an achievement.

Lagalaza #10 Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:43 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9212 battles
  • [W0WW] W0WW

Agree with others that this wouldn't work. For me, playing with other, more experienced players is the best way to learn. Watch someone else who is in your battle facing the same things you do in a similar tank type and you can really learn. By far the best way to do so. Better than any tutorial video because they are in your battle with you and dealing with the same scenarios.

Also a good way to learn what not to do when you follow a good player and he makes a mess of it!!

GANDALF_WOT #11 Posted 22 May 2019 - 10:32 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 50663 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 20 May 2019 - 07:27 PM, said:

Truly stupid idea. Obviously. Think about it for 5 seconds...

Hint: For normal people, who don't play 5+ hours every day, 10k matches is quite an achievement.

I like your constructive troll posts very much. You have more posts then games after 5 years. You have 3 Tier IX tanks. Great progress. For you limit should be set to 20.000

GANDALF_WOT #12 Posted 22 May 2019 - 10:44 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 50663 battles
I am glad that topic set some attention. The limit is just proposal and it can be set to 5000. The idea is that newcommers learn maps, tactic, tanks technical and earn some higher Tier tanks before face experienced players with 10000+ battles. But ego of newcommers are great. They think that with 2-3000 battles they know all. So then in newcommers group you will have thousands of newcammers that knows all so what is problem? Learn from competitors. On other side you should respect experienced players and understand how difficult and frustrating is for them and team having bots camping in corner or killed in 1 minute. This also lead to great imbalance in teams and result in 15:5 lose/win results. All newcommers will be experienced players after 2-3 years so then you will understand how few bots in team is frustrated.

BSHDBCG #13 Posted 22 May 2019 - 11:32 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6082 battles

View PostGANDALF_WOT, on 22 May 2019 - 10:44 AM, said:

I am glad that topic set some attention. The limit is just proposal and it can be set to 5000. The idea is that newcommers learn maps, tactic, tanks technical and earn some higher Tier tanks before face experienced players with 10000+ battles. But ego of newcommers are great. They think that with 2-3000 battles they know all. So then in newcommers group you will have thousands of newcammers that knows all so what is problem? Learn from competitors. On other side you should respect experienced players and understand how difficult and frustrating is for them and team having bots camping in corner or killed in 1 minute. This also lead to great imbalance in teams and result in 15:5 lose/win results. All newcommers will be experienced players after 2-3 years so then you will understand how few bots in team is frustrated.

The problem is that most don't learn unless they actually face better players, if they are actually able to learn that is. :P

facmanpob #14 Posted 22 May 2019 - 12:50 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3800 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

View PostGANDALF_WOT, on 22 May 2019 - 09:44 AM, said:

On other side you should respect experienced players and understand how difficult and frustrating is for them and team having bots camping in corner or killed in 1 minute. This also lead to great imbalance in teams and result in 15:5 lose/win results. All newcommers will be experienced players after 2-3 years so then you will understand how few bots in team is frustrated.

Ah, OK, so am I to believe then that you think your 45% WR is due to everyone else on your team being new to the game and therefore rubbish?

Jigabachi #15 Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:41 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostGANDALF_WOT, on 22 May 2019 - 10:44 AM, said:

I am glad that topic set some attention. The limit is just proposal and it can be set to 5000.

That's still ridiculously high. You are basically suggesting skillbased MM. The worst kind of it.

View PostGANDALF_WOT, on 22 May 2019 - 10:32 AM, said:

I like your constructive troll posts very much.

Disagreeing isn't trolling. Commenting stupid things isn't trolling, either.

How do you expect any more constructiveness when you come up with such a silly idea that also barely covers a single line of text?

Besides that, that post was quite constructive. I didn't just tell you that your idea is stupid, I also told you why.

And do you realize that pretty much noone here agrees with your idea?

Block Quote

You have more posts then games after 5 years. You have 3 Tier IX tanks. Great progress. For you limit should be set to 20.000

How is any of that nonsense relevant?

Hint: Reaching tX is not the goal of the game. And trying to ridicule other players when you are a botlevel player...yeah. Not the brightest thing to do.

Edited by Jigabachi, 22 May 2019 - 01:43 PM.

Venom7000 #16 Posted 22 May 2019 - 03:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6899 battles

Again mate, happy to debate with anyone as long as both sides try to see it from others perspective. However, your proposal while at heart is set to help newcomers. In reality like others said. Very few people can learn (if any) by facing all newbs and new players as themselves.
Its a balance thing. He wont learn anything if all of his enemies are window lickers and he wont enjoy or learn enough if he only faces hardened veterans who will destroy him.

Again my comment is to help newcomers in the first 1000 games where they stay in tiers 1-4 in a protected MM where people with over 1000 games cant reach them in MM. Sealclubbing in lower tiers is the root of the problem that you are trying to propose the solution for. I quickly realised when I started playing in 2018 that tiers below tier 6 are useless since they are occupied by gold spamming autocannons and people who have over 20k games having a laugh at people who installed the game 20min ago.

My real learning started from tier 6 and really picked up at tier 8 where I learned by watching videos and failing to pen my more experienced enemies because they were angling like bosses. Made me thing...huh... I odda try that.

TLD
Your proposal shows that your heart is in the good place. However the number of games that you propose is waaaaaaaay too high for a game with problems such as "sealclubbing in lower tiers" and "game losing player base numbers every year". If the game had World of Warcraft or Overwatch player numbers.. even then
People learn more from defeat than they learn from wining against people who still dont realise difference between HE and AP and that they need to let stuff aim.

Edited by Venom7000, 22 May 2019 - 03:32 PM.

GANDALF_WOT #17 Posted 23 May 2019 - 12:31 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 50663 battles

View Postfacmanpob, on 22 May 2019 - 12:50 PM, said:

Ah, OK, so am I to believe then that you think your 45% WR is due to everyone else on your team being new to the game and therefore rubbish?

After 6 years you have 2766 battles? I do not think that you understand what I am talking about. Your average tier play is 4. I do not think that you understand meaning of experience.
23:40 Added after 9 minutes

View PostVenom7000, on 22 May 2019 - 03:30 PM, said:

Again mate, happy to debate with anyone as long as both sides try to see it from others perspective. However, your proposal while at heart is set to help newcomers. In reality like others said. Very few people can learn (if any) by facing all newbs and new players as themselves.
Its a balance thing. He wont learn anything if all of his enemies are window lickers and he wont enjoy or learn enough if he only faces hardened veterans who will destroy him.

Again my comment is to help newcomers in the first 1000 games where they stay in tiers 1-4 in a protected MM where people with over 1000 games cant reach them in MM. Sealclubbing in lower tiers is the root of the problem that you are trying to propose the solution for. I quickly realised when I started playing in 2018 that tiers below tier 6 are useless since they are occupied by gold spamming autocannons and people who have over 20k games having a laugh at people who installed the game 20min ago.

My real learning started from tier 6 and really picked up at tier 8 where I learned by watching videos and failing to pen my more experienced enemies because they were angling like bosses. Made me thing...huh... I odda try that.

TLD
Your proposal shows that your heart is in the good place. However the number of games that you propose is waaaaaaaay too high for a game with problems such as "sealclubbing in lower tiers" and "game losing player base numbers every year". If the game had World of Warcraft or Overwatch player numbers.. even then
People learn more from defeat than they learn from wining against people who still dont realise difference between HE and AP and that they need to let stuff aim.

Well that is just one idea how to stop great MM imbalance. Battle number is not a bad idea. Nobody will complain nor enybody will be discriminated. 

The players are leaving this game because this arogant company do not want to remove destructive SPG despite players base complains.

Venom7000 #18 Posted 23 May 2019 - 01:07 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6899 battles

Well I am sure majority will not argue with you on the arty part :teethhappy:

I had to pick up a s51 to do the arty missions. But just that. Still it’s incredibly easy to play it. Took me almost no time adjust and I did all 15 Excalibur missions with the weaker gun. Mostly being either 1st or in the first 5.

I understand how annoying arty feels but I am still having fun. 

facmanpob #19 Posted 23 May 2019 - 08:51 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3800 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

View PostGANDALF_WOT, on 22 May 2019 - 11:31 PM, said:

After 6 years you have 2766 battles? I do not think that you understand what I am talking about. Your average tier play is 4. I do not think that you understand meaning of experience.

I played 780 battles back in 2013, then got bored of the game. I came back to it in December of 2018 and have played 2000 battles since then. But why is any of that relevant? You are complaining about rubbish players ruining your games; I never said I was good at the game, or experienced, but I have a WN8 that is almost the same as yours and a much higher WR than you and I have 44,000 fewer games than you... Maybe you should look a little closer to home for solutions rather than blaming everybody else?

Edited by facmanpob, 23 May 2019 - 08:58 AM.

GANDALF_WOT #20 Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:29 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 50663 battles

View Postfacmanpob, on 23 May 2019 - 08:51 AM, said:

I played 780 battles back in 2013, then got bored of the game. I came back to it in December of 2018 and have played 2000 battles since then. But why is any of that relevant? You are complaining about rubbish players ruining your games; I never said I was good at the game, or experienced, but I have a WN8 that is almost the same as yours and a much higher WR than you and I have 44,000 fewer games than you... Maybe you should look a little closer to home for solutions rather than blaming everybody else?

This forum is not place for personal insult. If you take this personal please send me mail. The idea here is how to solve great battle imbalance like result 15:1 win/lose. I think that number of battles is important and that MM should not mix players with 360 battles with players over 10-20000.  But you will understand this bether when you will have 20000 or more battles. It is not about statistic nor did I complain on "bad" players or "everybody else".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users