Why does the Wot Community dont like Free Premium Tanks & Gold?

Frontline

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

kaneloon #21 Posted 20 May 2019 - 07:22 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 30254 battles
  • [FR2DB] FR2DB

View PostKoriin, on 20 May 2019 - 05:50 AM, said:

I don't have the correct tanks (meta) unlocked/bought to make a difference (seems autoloaders are king, but it showed me my t69 really is a relic from a distant past that cannot handle the current game standards)

Also my credit gain didnt seem that high.

Last but not least, it felt like a hell of a grind to get to 'level' 30 in a week.

My thought as well, stopped after 10 battles.

FL has been made by WG for premium tanks only. If not mandatory to be general, at least mandatory to earn credits.

If you don't have fast and powerfull premium tanks like the projetto or the lt432 or that kind of Ebr premium this mod has no interest at all.

As soon as you are spotted you are just a piñata for those tanks and arties.

(Last but not least they nerfed the O-HO I liked to play in FL ...)

Gremlin182 #22 Posted 20 May 2019 - 07:35 AM

General

• Player
  • 54706 battles

So they created a game mechanic and reward system that encourages players to keep playing rather than just win the game.

They even have players supporting the idea No don't capture that last base kill that tank just drive around a bit longer.

Win or lose doesn't matter I just need points.

I can see why they would want you to do that, it means everyone fires more shells perhaps more premium shells takes more damage uses more resources.

All so some of you can win some free tanks.

Suppose it spreads to random battles

Cobra6 #23 Posted 20 May 2019 - 08:09 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16505 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Because average/bad players can be relied on to consistently not do the right thing, that is why they are average/bad to begin with.

If they did the right things, they would be good/great players.

Cobra 6

sokolicc #24 Posted 20 May 2019 - 09:01 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28414 battles
  • [V-TER] V-TER

View PostMiljac72, on 19 May 2019 - 11:04 PM, said:

But winning means achieve a higher rank.

Even a moron should draw this conclusion.

No, it doesn't.

Cap, decap, assist (tracking, spotting, inspire and damage from smoke screen if i remember correctly), dealing damage to enemy tanks is giving you rank points.

Killing 3 objectives by yourself (9000 damage to them) won't give you full captain rank ( from full lieutenant to full captain).

Edit: my bad, didn't understood well. Sorry, you're right.

Btw, win gives you better credit multiplier, iirc, and maybe tank snd crew xp, so there's still motivation to win, but ranks comes first.

Edited by sokolicc, 20 May 2019 - 10:22 AM.

Jauhesammutin #25 Posted 20 May 2019 - 09:09 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23427 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

View PostDorander, on 19 May 2019 - 07:10 PM, said:

It's a prisoner's dilemma with 30 people. You have no idea what the others are thinking, so you can choose not to hit the objectives, depriving yourself of damage, which in every situation is credits/xp, and hope the others are sensible enough to not hit the objectives either. If you don't trust them to do that, you're better off hitting the objectives yourself.

If your teammates are hitting the objectives then you're better to deal as much damage as you can. The XP you get from damaging objectives is nonexistent. Shooting at tanks gives you more XP.

The sensible option is to assume that everybody is trying to destroy the objectives as fast as they can. So instead of helping your teammates rush a line to the objectives it's better to gradually push all lines.

sokolicc #26 Posted 20 May 2019 - 09:15 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28414 battles
  • [V-TER] V-TER

View Postkaneloon, on 20 May 2019 - 07:22 AM, said:

My thought as well, stopped after 10 battles.

FL has been made by WG for premium tanks only. If not mandatory to be general, at least mandatory to earn credits.

If you don't have fast and powerfull premium tanks like the projetto or the lt432 or that kind of Ebr premium this mod has no interest at all.

As soon as you are spotted you are just a piñata for those tanks and arties.

(Last but not least they nerfed the O-HO I liked to play in FL ...)

You can play every tech tree tank if it suits your needs - sometimes is-3 and tiger 2 are good, sometimes lights...

I grinded caernarvon and tiger from stock, did t28 proto grind... Every light is good, most mediums. So, it's made for TIER 8, no matter if premium or not, everyone can make use of it's tank.

I also retrain crew for credits and then train them in FL to 100%. 

View PostGremlin182, on 20 May 2019 - 07:35 AM, said:

So they created a game mechanic and reward system that encourages players to keep playing rather than just win the game.

They even have players supporting the idea No don't capture that last base kill that tank just drive around a bit longer.

Win or lose doesn't matter I just need points.

I can see why they would want you to do that, it means everyone fires more shells perhaps more premium shells takes more damage uses more resources.

All so some of you can win some free tanks.

Suppose it spreads to random battles

You didn't watch youtube video or read articles about fl, right?

If your tank have 50 shells, and you fire them all. Then you go and repair and fire additional 50 you will pay only 50.

For example, 30 standard + 20 gold, and fire them all, you will pay only for 30 standards + 20 gold.

And in FL people spam less gold, maybe only with stock guns, but usually you don't need it and people wants to earn credits.

Hopeinen #27 Posted 20 May 2019 - 09:41 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 48422 battles

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 19 May 2019 - 05:54 PM, said:

STA-2: currently rubbish, not much different with proposes changes.

WZ-111: fairly rubbish as well.

EMIL 1951: worse EMIL 1 and not exactly great either.

Tier 9: nobody knows what it is so it might be a useless tank as well.

So the main targets of the while frontline thing this year are rather substandard.

So worse then their researchable counterparts with higher xp & credit income, how all the premium vehicles should be...

Edited by Hopeinen, 20 May 2019 - 09:42 AM.

Jauhesammutin #28 Posted 20 May 2019 - 09:50 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23427 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

View Postsokolicc, on 20 May 2019 - 08:01 AM, said:

No, it doesn't.

Cap, decap, assist (tracking, spotting, inspire and damage from smoke screen if i remember correctly), dealing damage to enemy tanks is giving you rank points.

Killing 3 objectives by yourself (9000 damage to them) won't give you full captain rank ( from full lieutenant to full captain).

No. What he meant was that "winning" in this game mode means achieving higher rank. If you get General you "win" no matter of the outcome of the game.

Schepel #29 Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:16 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 64095 battles

View PostCobra6, on 20 May 2019 - 08:09 AM, said:

Because average/bad players can be relied on to consistently not do the right thing, that is why they are average/bad to begin with.

If they did the right things, they would be good/great players.

Cobra 6

Bad players can become less rubbish. To get the basics of this mode doesn't turn one into a good player overnight.

The problem seems to be that blowing up big guns is fun. And then there are the players who seem to derive satisfaction from screwing up the game for others. Had a fair few people tell me as much.

Homer_J #30 Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:18 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31443 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSchepel, on 20 May 2019 - 10:16 AM, said:

The problem seems to be that blowing up big guns is fun. And then there are the players who seem to derive satisfaction from screwing up the game for others. Had a fair few people tell me as much.

You mean like those defenders who allow a cap to be taken in order to extend the timer?

Yeah, I hate those too.

sokolicc #31 Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:22 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28414 battles
  • [V-TER] V-TER

View PostJauhesammutin, on 20 May 2019 - 09:50 AM, said:

No. What he meant was that "winning" in this game mode means achieving higher rank. If you get General you "win" no matter of the outcome of the game.

My bad, fixed it now. Sorry.

Oldewolfe #32 Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:25 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 521 battles

I don't have the Time to Play it that often, so I play for the Wins, the Damage, the XP, and the Credits...        Only one I was Interested in was the Emil 1951, and I won't be making that one so, I Play to Win.....

Seems Simple enough to me....

Japualtah #33 Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:30 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31788 battles

Disturbing thread, to say the least.

Do you consider being good at the game is exploiting the game mechanics?

I would say this is surprising if it had not been the case since the dawn of computer gaming.

Cheat, cheat again and cheat more my friend and you will get the T-22!

Well, I have news for you: a PvP game is about having fun with fellow players and may the best win.

If exploiting game mechanics to reap the rewards is your way of thinking, I don't condemn you: I pity you.

You are probably right when it comes to the results, more rewards, more goodies but it is a despicable reasoning showing low ethic standards.

Let me remind you of the old saying: a gentleman is someone who can play the bagpipe, but who does not.

Cobra6 #34 Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:30 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16505 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostSchepel, on 20 May 2019 - 09:16 AM, said:

Bad players can become less rubbish. To get the basics of this mode doesn't turn one into a good player overnight.

That is true but then in this game it's Wargaming's job to educate rubbish players that destroying guns pre-maturely actually gives you less points and works against you. But they don't really, if they even point it out it's hidden in some video hardly anybody watches instead of front and centre on the page of the game mode and in all the news articles about it.

View PostJapualtah, on 20 May 2019 - 09:30 AM, said:

Disturbing thread, to say the least.

Do you consider being good at the game is exploiting the game mechanics?

I would say this is surprising if it had not been the case since the dawn of computer gaming.

Cheat, cheat again and cheat more my friend and you will get the T-22!

Well, I have news for you: a PvP game is about having fun with fellow players and may the best win.

If exploiting game mechanics to reap the rewards is your way of thinking, I don't condemn you: I pity you.

You are probably right when it comes to the results, more rewards, more goodies but it is a despicable reasoning showing low ethic standards.

Let me remind you of the old saying: a gentleman is someone who can play the bagpipe, but who does not.

If this was a single player game, go ahead knock yourself out.

WoT is not a single player game and your actions have rather big impact on others. You ending the match pre-maturely for your own gains means legion of others not getting the maximum out of the match and their gains.

If anything, going for the main objectives ASAP is showing low ethic standard because it's egoistic behavior.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 20 May 2019 - 10:33 AM.

Gremlin182 #35 Posted 20 May 2019 - 12:31 PM

General

• Player
  • 54706 battles

View Postsokolicc, on 20 May 2019 - 09:15 AM, said:

You can play every tech tree tank if it suits your needs - sometimes is-3 and tiger 2 are good, sometimes lights...

I grinded caernarvon and tiger from stock, did t28 proto grind... Every light is good, most mediums. So, it's made for TIER 8, no matter if premium or not, everyone can make use of it's tank.

I also retrain crew for credits and then train them in FL to 100%. 

You didn't watch youtube video or read articles about fl, right?

If your tank have 50 shells, and you fire them all. Then you go and repair and fire additional 50 you will pay only 50.

For example, 30 standard + 20 gold, and fire them all, you will pay only for 30 standards + 20 gold.

And in FL people spam less gold, maybe only with stock guns, but usually you don't need it and people wants to earn credits.

I did play earlier FLs and yes I had forgotten that.

The only additional expense comes from the tanks you use during thew game damage ammo costs and consumables from multiple tanks.

Its not much compared to the earnings.

Just trying to work out if WG gains from prolonged games and that was the plan all along.

sokolicc #36 Posted 20 May 2019 - 01:25 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28414 battles
  • [V-TER] V-TER

View PostGremlin182, on 20 May 2019 - 12:31 PM, said:

I did play earlier FLs and yes I had forgotten that.

The only additional expense comes from the tanks you use during thew game damage ammo costs and consumables from multiple tanks.

Its not much compared to the earnings.

Just trying to work out if WG gains from prolonged games and that was the plan all along.

That's why you should play with 2-3 tanks.

I managed sometimes to get General rank only with T-54 mod. 1 and a little bit of LTTB. 

Of course, when i get general i abandon current tank and enter in Tiger II or whatever tank/crew i am grinding, just to get some XP on them for free.

eldrak #37 Posted 20 May 2019 - 01:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50446 battles
  • [GR-W] GR-W

It should be changed from "Win" and "Lose" to just say "Game over" for both teams.

Captain_Kremen0 #38 Posted 20 May 2019 - 01:36 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 38564 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

View PostlnfernaI, on 20 May 2019 - 05:54 AM, said:

Simply put, the generation we live in, is spoiled to no end.

Its only the majority wanting what only the tiny minority of previous generations had.

MeetriX #39 Posted 20 May 2019 - 01:37 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 22656 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

I like free stuff.

Where can I collect them?

mpf1959 #40 Posted 20 May 2019 - 01:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24155 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Speaking as a below average player, I tried FL and was rubbish at it, so I dont play it. I have the tanks that are said to be needed, but the tank is the least of the problem, the lack of skill is what ultimately dictates the outcome, and for me, the outcome of FL is disappointing, so naturally I prefer the shorter random. So it is easy really, I have no aversion to free stuff, but it's status is not free enough to be within my grasp! ;)

Edited by mpf1959, 20 May 2019 - 01:47 PM.

Also tagged with Frontline

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users