Why does the Wot Community dont like Free Premium Tanks & Gold?

Frontline

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Jauhesammutin #41 Posted 20 May 2019 - 02:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23427 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

View PostGremlin182, on 20 May 2019 - 11:31 AM, said:

I did play earlier FLs and yes I had forgotten that.

The only additional expense comes from the tanks you use during thew game damage ammo costs and consumables from multiple tanks.

Its not much compared to the earnings.

Just trying to work out if WG gains from prolonged games and that was the plan all along.

What is WG gaining from prolonged games? Obviously players need to play more if the grind takes longer.

Do they get any money from that? I don't think so.

_Flagada_Jones_ #42 Posted 20 May 2019 - 02:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34047 battles
  • [OMGR] OMGR
Because you win the game and then make another...

People doesn't care about farming more, they just want to play and win.

Dorander #43 Posted 20 May 2019 - 03:10 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 20543 battles

View Post_Flagada_Jones_, on 20 May 2019 - 01:44 PM, said:

My 1.5 prestige rank progress last week disagrees with you.

Panzerfighter_ #44 Posted 20 May 2019 - 03:56 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 66257 battles
  • [322] 322

View Post_Flagada_Jones_, on 20 May 2019 - 02:44 PM, said:

They just wanna play to win. Lol. Why would u care about a win in this game mode when u get almost nothing for it and its not even in ur stats? And u still can win the game but after u reached general.

friedeggnchips #45 Posted 20 May 2019 - 04:20 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2556 battles
  • [BRIT6] BRIT6

View PostBlubba, on 19 May 2019 - 05:43 PM, said:

Because unlike you, I play to win.

Sorry, couldn't resist

I play to keep my sanity :izmena:

Homer_J #46 Posted 20 May 2019 - 05:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31435 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostPanzerfighter_, on 20 May 2019 - 03:56 PM, said:

They just wanna play to win. Lol. Why would u care about a win in this game mode when u get almost nothing for it and its not even in ur stats? 

I get pleasure from winning.

Or just running down the back line putting one shot in each objective for the lulz.

Bordhaw #47 Posted 20 May 2019 - 06:16 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13839 battles

View PostPanzerfighter_, on 19 May 2019 - 03:41 PM, said:

Hello guys,

this is a question especially for bad and average players. Why dont you like to get free T8 Premiums like the STA, WZ, Emil 1951 and the unknown T9 Premium tank you can win in frontline? Free gold, Credits, bonds, directives etc?

Please explain me why u go for the last targets /turrets and end the game when there is plenty of time to play and several points to cap? You dont get much XP or Credits or rank XP for destroying and damaging the turrets in the end, why you still rush them like crazy? Is there a secret only bad players can see?

We are in the 4th or 5th frontline mode week and you still dont understand how this game mode works to get to the juicy rewards? Its all about ranking up to General. Cap and decap and play well, but never ever go for the turrets and end the game after 5mins only cause u can. Stop that. This game mode is not about winning, there are no stats, you only shoot yourself in the foot when u destroy the turrets in the end. Why u make the grind  for everyone else inc. yourself harder?

Ranking up and go Prestige is the goal, in the end you can trade your prestige points for free premium tanks or gold and bonds. And you get alot of free stuff too getting in the higher prestige ranks. So stop shooting the turrets and make life easier for everyone.

Depends what you're definition of "bad players" is.

Don't think I've seen anyone less than "Green" playing a "wheeled" vehicle, which are the "tanks" most capable of getting behind the lines and destroying the objectives before two front have even been completed.

Especially when B can be captured within 5 minutes of the battle starting. 

vixu #48 Posted 20 May 2019 - 06:29 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 44384 battles

I blame WG for creating a TEAM game mode, where winning is bad for the strategic goals.

:D:D:D

SirTogII #49 Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:34 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 49720 battles
  • [REQT] REQT

View PostDorander, on 19 May 2019 - 07:10 PM, said:

It's a prisoner's dilemma with 30 people. You have no idea what the others are thinking, so you can choose not to hit the objectives, depriving yourself of damage, which in every situation is credits/xp, and hope the others are sensible enough to not hit the objectives either. If you don't trust them to do that, you're better off hitting the objectives yourself.

I guess this is your answer Panzer. Still players who think that shooting objectives is beneficial :-/. You get more xp/credits for shooting any other tank compared to objectives. 

And one General tank is the same as two Captains, so effectively these fools are wasting everybody else’s time. Maybe one day the majority will understand 

Dorander #50 Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:48 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 20543 battles

View PostSirTogII, on 21 May 2019 - 06:34 AM, said:

I guess this is your answer Panzer. Still players who think that shooting objectives is beneficial :-/. You get more xp/credits for shooting any other tank compared to objectives. 

And one General tank is the same as two Captains, so effectively these fools are wasting everybody else’s time. Maybe one day the majority will understand 

I never checked the difference in experience/credits for dealing damage to objectives or players (not sure how you'd go about calculating it, perhaps you'd care to show it since you apparently have?) but for most people it's simple: objectives are easy to hit and don't shoot back. Personally after taking all the bases I find myself players to shoot near objectives as they're worth a lot more rank points than players not at objectives, and far more than objectives themselves.

Also tagged with Frontline

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users