• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Cyborgmuppet #1 Posted 19 May 2019 - 07:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20944 battles
  • [-ULV-] -ULV-

Hello all!

I just bought premium account in wot together with a tank in a bundle, then I discovered that its not valid in world of warships.

Then I discovered that there is two types of premium and the one that works for both WOT and WOWS gives you less XP boost.

Now, as a customer I just feel mistreated. I think WG are assholes, and I don't feel for giving them more money.

What kind of strategic genius at WG come up with this?

For sure, their trying to squeeze money out of customers in a way that sacrifice long term profitability.

Or maybe I am wrong...

Is it only me that feels this way or do anyone else feel the same?

w00pzy #2 Posted 19 May 2019 - 08:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7948 battles

View PostCyborgmuppet, on 19 May 2019 - 06:44 PM, said:

Hello all!

I just bought premium account in wot together with a tank in a bundle, then I discovered that its not valid in world of warships.

Then I discovered that there is two types of premium and the one that works for both WOT and WOWS gives you less XP boost.

Now, as a customer I just feel mistreated. I think WG are assholes, and I don't feel for giving them more money.

What kind of strategic genius at WG come up with this?

For sure, their trying to squeeze money out of customers in a way that sacrifice long term profitability.

Or maybe I am wrong...

Is it only me that feels this way or do anyone else feel the same?

Welcome to the world of WG :) 

FoxyVixen #3 Posted 19 May 2019 - 08:19 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3892 battles
  • [-SIH-] -SIH-

Do you perhaps, before you buy something or the mercy of God, do you read what you are buying?

Because everything writes for those who know the power of reading ?!But in the end, you have discovered and you are not satisfied with the discovered?!And now you feel bad because you did not understand well what you are buying?Because of your lack of understanding and not overwhelmed the secret of reading, you accuse the WG, and you call it a bloody name ?!

How old are you? Ten?

BravelyRanAway #4 Posted 19 May 2019 - 08:27 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24334 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostFoxyVixen, on 19 May 2019 - 07:19 PM, said:

Do you perhaps, before you buy something or the mercy of God, do you read what you are buying?

I think that's asking too much these days when everyone is looking for something else to blame, personal responsibility seems to be a thing of the past.

VonniVidiVici #5 Posted 19 May 2019 - 08:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38759 battles
Information is power. You chose to be weak.

_SpartanWarrior_ #6 Posted 19 May 2019 - 09:52 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 36276 battles
  • [BLOJ] BLOJ
lol

Homer_J #7 Posted 19 May 2019 - 09:58 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32387 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCyborgmuppet, on 19 May 2019 - 07:44 PM, said:

Hello all!

You mean the same as WoWS has been for months.

Cyborgmuppet #8 Posted 20 May 2019 - 08:55 AM

Private

• Player
  • 20944 battles
  • [-ULV-] -ULV-

View PostFoxyVixen, on 19 May 2019 - 07:19 PM, said:

Because everything writes for those who know the power of reading ?!But in the end, you have discovered and you are not satisfied with the discovered?!And now you feel bad because you did not understand well what you are buying?Because of your lack of understanding and not overwhelmed the secret of reading, you accuse the WG, and you call it a bloody name ?!

How old are you? Ten?

For sure there is no notice in the tank bundle that the premium account does not apply for Wows.

But that is just a part of the issue.

Why is the highest xp boost not available for the same price to people who play both games?

Besides, from your rhetoric, its easy to see that you are the kid in here, but aside from that, let me ask you...

Are you really supporting that conduct?

SiliconSidewinder #9 Posted 20 May 2019 - 08:57 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 29050 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

to be fair I am pretty sure the package stated that the new wot premium account only applies to wot.

you can still buy the standard account though.

Captain_Kremen0 #10 Posted 20 May 2019 - 09:45 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 39141 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB
Another bloody Scouser blaming someone else.

Cyborgmuppet #11 Posted 20 May 2019 - 09:51 AM

Private

• Player
  • 20944 battles
  • [-ULV-] -ULV-
It only says WOT premium. There is no specific detail that it does not apply to WOWS.

But you say, "lets be fair" what does that mean?

Should I as a customer, laugh it away and say "oh hehe you got me there!".

No, noting can change the fact that I feel that I am ripped off, and even worse, that I get price discriminated if I buy the premium version that apply to both games.

Now, I as one single customer who feels this way, does not matter in this case.

But I am arguing that this conduct is hurting WGs profitability because they maximize short term profit with disregard to any strategic implications on long term profit. 

That is why ask, "how do you all feel about it?"

Jigabachi #12 Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:00 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Doing some research before buying something always helps.

But give us the link to the shop. It's WG after all, so everything is possible.

BravelyRanAway #13 Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:05 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24334 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostCyborgmuppet, on 20 May 2019 - 08:51 AM, said:

It only says WOT premium. There is no specific detail that it does not apply to WOWS.

The clue is in the name......WoT premium, which differs from WG premium.

The_Naa #14 Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:52 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8319 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

First you need to look at what you want:

Spoiler

2nd you might want to look what that WOT PA does:

Spoiler

3rd do a a little scrolling down and a little bit of reading:

Spoiler

4th you want a little more detail as you just noticed that there are a lot of World of Tanks mentioned everywhere, so you go here:

Spoiler

then you scroll down again some more:

Spoiler

and finaly:

Spoiler

jack_timber #15 Posted 20 May 2019 - 11:33 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40279 battles

View PostCaptain_Kremen0, on 20 May 2019 - 08:45 AM, said:

Does he wear a Shell Suit?

Cyborgmuppet #16 Posted 20 May 2019 - 12:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20944 battles
  • [-ULV-] -ULV-

View PostCaptain_Kremen0, on 20 May 2019 - 08:45 AM, said:

I suppose you are referring to the slang for a cheep Scottish person.

Well, a Scouser would not have bought premium in the first place, WOT is free to play right?

But ok, it seems that most people here think that its ok That WG stated "WOT account" and not specifically stating that it does not apply to WOWS, so lets agree on that.

But do you comprehend what my post is about?

I rather argue that the ones acting like Scousers are WG.

They are using dirty price discrimination (https://en.wikipedia..._discrimination) in order to extract maximum amount of consumer surplus!

We can calculate this using economic theory for the cases of WOT only, WOWS only, WOT and WOWS bundle or WOT + WOWS.

Clearly WG are entitled to earn money and clearly we can from economic theory see how WG extract consumer surplus.

But here is the catch. Economic theory is based on a fundamental principle, "Ceteris paribus" or in more understandable words, "considered all other things equal" (lhttps://en.wikipedia...Ceteris_paribus).

And here is where WG fail, the other things are not equal. WG fail to recognize that their customer base would be bigger with a business practice that feels better for the customer.

Say for example if they did not use price discrimination, that would leave all their paying customers with more "consumer surplus".

They would however have more customers.

Question is: for WGs profit maximization, for which they are entitled to, is this price discrimination according to the purpose?

I would argue no, this price discrimination is simply a result of the business administrators not being able to comprehend the decision they are making.

Clearly you can calculate extra profit and extra consumer surplus extracted. It is however unclear how the customer base change in long term, as a consequence.

And WG fall into the common fallacy of only considering what they know and only managing what they can measure because the unclear things make their brains hurt!

An alternative, possible more purposeful strategic decision would be something in the line of:

"We recognize that WGs purpose is to provide customer satisfaction, like with all businesses.

WG do not have any material products, so WGs main way of providing customer satisfaction is trough giving customers a good feeling while playing the WG game portfolio.

Therefore, profit, while necessary to maximize, should never be maximized at the expense of good feelings that the customers get from playing the WG portfolio of games.

Consequently, as a customer can only play one game from the WG portfolio at once, customer should be able to play any game from the WG portfolio for a single premium."

The answer to which strategy would be correct,

could be calculated from calculating the increase in profit from consumer surplus extraction, using price discrimination,

versus the increase of profit that would come from long term increased market share.

Business is about making "win win" scenarios happen, "Pareto improvement" if you will. (https://en.wikipedia...reto_efficiency).

Which would be  a clear guide in the case where the above scenarios, with and without price discrimination would provide the same result.

What do you all think about price discrimination in this case? It might be a stupid question of me to ask, because I suppose all the ones what are unhappy already left.

While only exceptionally good customers like me, stay behind and argue.

BravelyRanAway #17 Posted 20 May 2019 - 12:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24334 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostCyborgmuppet, on 20 May 2019 - 11:36 AM, said:

I suppose you are referring to the slang for a cheep Scottish person.

I'm pretty sure that a Scouser is a person from Liverpool.

Cyborgmuppet #18 Posted 20 May 2019 - 12:49 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20944 battles
  • [-ULV-] -ULV-

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 20 May 2019 - 11:45 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure that a Scouser is a person from Liverpool.

You are right, sorry, was illiterate of me -.-

Captain_Kremen0 #19 Posted 20 May 2019 - 01:15 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 39141 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

View PostCyborgmuppet, on 20 May 2019 - 11:49 AM, said:

You are right, sorry, was illiterate of me -.-

No need be sorry its hardly a sign of illiteracy - esp if you are not knowledgeable in the English ability of the inhabitants of 2 cities about 35 miles apart to despise each other so thoroughly.

And whilst WG have been called thieving so-ans-so's in the past they at least do it within their laid down terms and conditions as opposed to a half-brick through any likely looking window. In fact they will probably be in City's trophy cabinet tonight and be on the telly tomorrow claiming it was their Treble really.

Cyborgmuppet #20 Posted 20 May 2019 - 01:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20944 battles
  • [-ULV-] -ULV-

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 20 May 2019 - 09:05 AM, said:

The clue is in the name......WoT premium, which differs from WG premium.

Yes I agree!

One day I am sure, as this happens frequently, you are going to go to a restaurant,

lets say you order the fish, and you are to busy, having a good time, to notice that the potatoes are not included.

On this particular day you are served by a complete fool of a waiter, he does not ask if you want potatoes!

You and your friend get your meal and you have fish without potatoes, who the hell wins from this?

Certainly not you, you either feel angry or like a fool.

Certainly not the Restaurant, they just failed to charge you premium for the potatoes!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users