Suggestion - Checking the forums

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

friedeggnchips #1 Posted 20 May 2019 - 09:18 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2556 battles
  • [BRIT6] BRIT6

It seems to most that the only contact Wargaming has with the player base on these forums is through moderation, i.e closing threads and warning people. I have nothing wrong with the moderation, not majorly, however, it almost feels as if we are being ignored.

Maybe someone does check the forums and does report back to the developers, but it would be nice to be acknowledged. I'm sure no one would reasonably expect for all the posts to be reviewed, but at least the more popular threads could, or rather should be reviewed. Wouldn't this be a step forward towards improving the game, if we were able to be in contact with the developers?

If this thread appears to be bullish then that's just the way I have phrased it.

wsatnutter #2 Posted 20 May 2019 - 09:44 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 26162 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
Lmao these forums are 98% arty whine threads .complete raging bones going  full cockwomble so no devs don't read this forum.

Edited by wsatnutter, 20 May 2019 - 09:46 PM.

MeetriX #3 Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:32 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 22673 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE
Are you sure that this is the right place for your suggestion?

Jigabachi #4 Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:40 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Has been suggested and asked for countless times. Won't happen.

There was a time when moderation was almost far below average, which, on this forum, was the best they ever managed to reach, but right now it's going downhill again.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:48 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 70506 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postfriedeggnchips, on 20 May 2019 - 09:18 PM, said:

Maybe someone does check the forums and does report back to the developers, but it would be nice to be acknowledged.

They do post that at times. But when 90% of the topics that are locked and moved all moan about the same thing WG already know. Do they need to tho all the time? The few times there are new concerns or issues besides "remove arty". The WG lurkers do post to tell they know. Or that they will bring it forward. It's rare, but then again common sense suggestions are rare too. I say lurkers, as the CC we had that came to post here daily is no longer a CC, and has moved to a new post. But even when he was here daily. It was not always to tell "I will bring that up on the next meeting" either. 

Solstad1069 #6 Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:49 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 42605 battles

It seems to most that the only contact Wargaming has with the player base on these forums is through moderation, i.e closing threads and warning people. I have nothing wrong with the moderation, not majorly, however, it almost feels as if we are being ignored.

Maybe someone does check the forums and does report back to the developers, but it would be nice to be acknowledged. I'm sure no one would reasonably expect for all the posts to be reviewed, but at least the more popular threads could, or rather should be reviewed. Wouldn't this be a step forward towards improving the game, if we were able to be in contact with the developers?

If this thread appears to be bullish then that's just the way I have phrased it.

WG Europe is also ignored by WG HQ.

Homer_J #7 Posted 20 May 2019 - 11:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31455 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I suggest you are quite new here and at the moment we are missing an English CM, however eekeeboo and vuque still visit and interact quite regularly.  Maybe you just need to pay more attention.

7thSyndicate #8 Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:03 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 46134 battles
The other day i was breathing and got a warning on the forum again :)

LCpl_Jones #9 Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:23 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12455 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

how dare you complain about the mighty ussr wg !!

just bend over and pay your money

Dorander #10 Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:32 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 20562 battles

View Postfriedeggnchips, on 20 May 2019 - 08:18 PM, said:

We had our own CM for a few months in the form of eekaboo, he took effort to respond to our comments and arguments, even if we didn't always agree with him it was nice to at least get some kind of response from a Wargaming representative. He also stated he sent our feedback on to the developer team.

We also had some various other occurrences where Wargaming staff claimed they have sent our feedback on to the development team, not only in the form of some pinned discussions but also for example when a forumite made an effort to do a brief (2 week) poll of what players here considered the most prevalent issues for feedback purposes.

However all of these things have the same problem in common: if you don't believe Wargaming development somehow receives this feedback and considers it seriously, it doesn't matter what Wargaming staff here claims they do, or whether they actually do it. Every form of feedback here depends on some form of trust; trust mitigated only by the knowledge that if you DON'T provide any feedback you are definitely not heard. So it's better to err on the side of caution and provide the feedback anyway.

There's no difference in evidence between knowing that various WG staff reads the posts here and assuming it reaches the developer and taking some Wargaming staff member's word for it that it does. Even if a developer came here and stated they took our feedback seriously, we'd still have to assume that they are actually doing that and not merely telling us that to make us feel better.

What's important to remember is that what we want and what Wargaming wants aren't the same things. We have different ideas about what this product ought to be. Easy example: we'd love for this product to be totally free, but Wargaming loves to make money off it. We at best have influence on whereabouts we meet in the grey area in between, not in the absolutes. So the decisions Wargaming makes, aren't just dependent on what people here claim they like, and that is in the optimal situation that people here even accurately represent the playerbase (protip from another thread: we don't). But even if we do, it's a simple reality that even if Wargaming hears our feedback, at times the answer is just a big fat "Nope."

gunslingerXXX #11 Posted 21 May 2019 - 06:25 AM

Major

• Player
  • 12317 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

Surely the thread icons were a hint...

Spoiler

kaneloon #12 Posted 21 May 2019 - 06:34 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 30254 battles
  • [FR2DB] FR2DB

What make you think they don't listen ?

They are permanently changing the game, often in response to complaints from the players. And I don't think RU ones are so different from ours.

friedeggnchips #13 Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:22 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2556 battles
  • [BRIT6] BRIT6

View Postkaneloon, on 21 May 2019 - 05:34 AM, said:

What make you think they don't listen ?

They are permanently changing the game, often in response to complaints from the players. And I don't think RU ones are so different from ours.

They may listen, or not, which is the problem.

We have no idea if ideas/suggestions are acknowledged, so it ends up being hundreds of people writing the same threads again, because none of the posts actually get recognition.

Again, they most likely do read the forums, its just hard to tell.

facmanpob #14 Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:38 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3050 battles
  • [WW3] WW3
One of the issues I've noticed is that a lot of threads are full of questions that are answered in the daily news articles on the main website. A large number of threads in the Frontlines section over the past few months, for example, would not have been required if the particular thread starter had simply read the FL regulations. Other than that, the largest section of posts are simply moaning about stuff that is either work in progress or will never be changed.

Edited by facmanpob, 21 May 2019 - 12:38 PM.

Gruff_ #15 Posted 21 May 2019 - 05:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18836 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
OP I had the same thoughts 5+ years ago, many of the same issues are still around and they added new ones too, until some other game comes along that grabs attention or WG change their ways it's put up or ship out unfortunately.  Keep good suggestions going maybe somone somewhere will act on them be it another developer or this one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users