Jump to content


Ranked Rigged?

Ranked ranked battles

  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Miss_Valkia #1 Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:32 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 16564 battles
  • 16
  • [KYD] KYD
  • Member since:
    02-15-2012

So I don't know what to think here, and would like peoples opinions. Do you think the two players in this game have rigged it? Ignore my gameplay as I was getting annoyed with the two players in question.

 

Here is the replay: http://wotreplays.eu...all_panzerwagen



Signal11th #2 Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:34 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 42237 battles
  • 6,338
  • [S3AL] S3AL
  • Member since:
    07-14-2011
For what point?

Miss_Valkia #3 Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:38 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 16564 battles
  • 16
  • [KYD] KYD
  • Member since:
    02-15-2012
Well, get ranked to the top as quickly as possible?

Signal11th #4 Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:43 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 42237 battles
  • 6,338
  • [S3AL] S3AL
  • Member since:
    07-14-2011
you're not going to do that by drawing all the games.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:44 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 70505 battles
  • 19,330
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

One gun from each clan can only infulence that much. If they did talk on TS etc, they could only give eachother heads up. Not rig it that badly that you were set up for a loss. As you need more then 1 gun to pull that off every game well. 

 

So no.. I doubt it. Many clans will face off in ranked. And just because they did, don't mean it's always rigged.



Miss_Valkia #6 Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:45 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 16564 battles
  • 16
  • [KYD] KYD
  • Member since:
    02-15-2012

I'm well aware of that, but, that is not the point

21:46 Added after 1 minute

View PostBalc0ra, on 20 May 2019 - 09:44 PM, said:

One gun from each clan can only infulence that much. If they did talk on TS etc, they could only give eachother heads up. Not rig it that badly that you were set up for a loss. As you need more then 1 gun to pull that off every game well. 

 

So no.. I doubt it. Many clans will face off in ranked. And just because they did, don't mean it's always rigged.

 

 

Yes, however watch the fact that the 260 sits still for about 30 seconds at the start.



Homer_J #7 Posted 20 May 2019 - 11:05 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 31435 battles
  • 34,415
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostMiss_Valkia, on 20 May 2019 - 10:45 PM, said:

 

Yes, however watch the fact that the 260 sits still for about 30 seconds at the start.

 

Umm, what?  That's your evidence?

 

There's a lot of riggers around then. :unsure:

 

And you are going to have to explain what benefit rigging a draw has again, I don't get it.


Edited by Homer_J, 20 May 2019 - 11:07 PM.


xx984 #8 Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:11 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 61191 battles
  • 2,989
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013
probably not, they probably just tried to time to get on same team to act as if it was a platoon. and ended up on opposite sides 

NUKLEAR_SLUG #9 Posted 21 May 2019 - 06:55 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 32791 battles
  • 3,653
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015
If you draw doesn't everyone lose a chevron? What would be the point of that, drawing is literally the worst outcome for everyone.

Tealo #10 Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:15 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 38933 battles
  • 253
  • [RIFF] RIFF
  • Member since:
    04-26-2012

View PostMiss_Valkia, on 20 May 2019 - 09:32 PM, said:

So I don't know what to think here, and would like peoples opinions. Do you think the two players in this game have rigged it? Ignore my gameplay as I was getting annoyed with the two players in question.

 

Here is the replay: http://wotreplays.eu...all_panzerwagen

 

Yes and doesn't surprise me when i saw certian clan names as I've seen the exact shenanigans in FL late at night...

arthurwellsley #11 Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:25 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 53652 battles
  • 3,875
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View Postxx984, on 20 May 2019 - 11:11 PM, said:

probably not, they probably just tried to time to get on same team to act as if it was a platoon. and ended up on opposite sides 

 

This is actually the answer for the OP.

 

Players on TS will count in before pressing battle to try and end up on the same team. It gets around the prohibition on platoons. Two players acting together on the same team using voice communication are far more likely to drive a team to a victory.

 

However counting in is never a perfect solution, and on the replay recorded by the OP the two players in question failed, because although their count took them into the same battle, they ended up on opposing teams.

 

It is a practice that is not against the rules, and is not "rigging" because the players are trying their hardest to win.


Edited by arthurwellsley, 21 May 2019 - 08:27 AM.


Cregan37 #12 Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:53 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 8892 battles
  • 82
  • [OLDG] OLDG
  • Member since:
    11-29-2012

View Postarthurwellsley, on 21 May 2019 - 07:25 AM, said:

 

This is actually the answer for the OP.

 

Players on TS will count in before pressing battle to try and end up on the same team. It gets around the prohibition on platoons. Two players acting together on the same team using voice communication are far more likely to drive a team to a victory.

 

However counting in is never a perfect solution, and on the replay recorded by the OP the two players in question failed, because although their count took them into the same battle, they ended up on opposing teams.

 

It is a practice that is not against the rules, and is not "rigging" because the players are trying their hardest to win.

 

Maybe there isn't a rule against it, but I don't think WG sees this as fair play. There's a prohibition on platoons for a reason. Any means to subvert that are at least unwanted.

brevlada #13 Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:53 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 16399 battles
  • 131
  • [0XIDE] 0XIDE
  • Member since:
    04-21-2013
Very possible it's rigged, since there aren't too many people in the RB MM, just press battle at the same time and you'll probably be in the same game. I saw this on multiple occasions, but it didn't affect gameplay in any noticeable way, mostly because the player skill is higher so 2 people talking isn't as useful as in randoms.

shikaka9 #14 Posted 21 May 2019 - 11:32 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 67947 battles
  • 603
  • [NIGER] NIGER
  • Member since:
    02-27-2013
wont be first time :)





Also tagged with Ranked, ranked battles

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users