Your Recap of Global Map Season 11 is Here!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 21 May 2019 - 11:34 AM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
What happened during the last season of Global Map?

The full text of the news item

TijgernootTank #2 Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 51937 battles
  • [TOURN] TOURN

Better late then never .

Like last season , it seems all the highlights happened at tier 10 front .

For my clan this season ended in a fail due to lack of activity , support in clan .

If wg wants a lot of clans active on global map , really need think about how to make it more rewarding for mediocre and bad clans .

Just for being active and as clanactivity my clan could not keep it going anymore in the last weeks .

Gold from clantasks and holding one province couple days is all we managed and the rewards u can allocate to players that contributed

is just very very low compaired to what rewards players may get by doing some solo activities in wot .

I agree with players saying dat any half decent clan should be able to get a team full that consist of 10 players with a tier 8 tank .

But the fact is we often did not manage .

It was period many are also busy with studies .

Then i really miss the option to play lower tier CW to fall back on to keep something going , the rewards can be even worse then tier 8 , but i miss this option to fall back on to keep activity going in clan regarding Global Map .

Then we notice the balance in tier 8 is just completey crap and we loose games because other teams have defenders or progetto depending on map , this can have a huge impact .

We have lost games to clans we would not loose if they wouldnt been able to bring more defenders .

WG really need look at this balance situation in tier 8 , its really bad for CW .

Do all players need buy defender and progetto or ebr , and only play these tanks ?

Do we need boring setups like in past where all had to select an is3 ?

Really need look into situation , it has bad impact on global map .

For tier 10 there may be same sort problems .

I would say why not try a season with tier 9 highest front - then tier 7  --  think about reintroducing lower tier option for smaller clans ,

in this case could be tier 5 , not sure maybe keep team 10 players , but allow like 2 legios in tier 5 .

Then give small rewards like resource or reserves for stronghold on the tier 5 level so better clans wont go there .

WG u have the stats and can see how many clans drop out during season Cw , if u see there may be a problem then its really time to

act and invest in CW .

Or do my clanmembers only need to play frontlines \ ranked \ marathons , and is a clan like my clan not needed active on global map.

At times there is stuff going on that can interfere with the global map and cause problems , a way to counter this , is make sure that players that put time and effort in CW , get some nice rewards , for many clans this is not the case .

Then some players will want to focus more on FL or other personal missions \ goals .

Right now the gobal map it seems bit moronic how these big clans dont even fight eachother and have alliance .

Not fight the clans they should - but have agreements to just cash in the gold .

And these are nice amounts of gold , not these meager amounts i need try allocate in clan .

I had this also last regular season --  because these problems with cw i had to remove like 40 players out of clan.

I cant do this every season .

Not all players will find just be active on global map enough to give full support to clan in CW .

Then for some time is limited and i kind of demand support for CW as importand for clan , but these players get no rewards .

Tiny gold u can only use to remove equipment .

Yet my players mostly also load lot of " special " ammo or try set up tanks the best .

They throw credits in this CW and get nothing to show for except the fact we are active with clan on global map .

For me it is enough and also i have lot of time to play cw ,, this is not the case for most players .

So i would urge to think about how u can make more rewarding for clans that stay active on global map without being able to hold provinces .

Maybe also think about situation where the best clans dont even fight eachother on global map , at times this makes them look like bunch of sissies and get good gold for it as well .

parim1331 #3 Posted 21 May 2019 - 03:57 PM

Polish Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 6489 battles
Congratulations to the winners!

MelanieValentina #4 Posted 21 May 2019 - 06:20 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 24805 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

Don't freeze map. Lock t8 region and decrease gold income in t10 to 48 gold per province and keep CW open for those interested until the next season starts. 

The 0 gold provinces have proven there are clans willing to play even if there is no reward involved. Why take CW away from people?

Edited by MelanieValentina, 21 May 2019 - 06:22 PM.

Gruff_ #5 Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:33 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18836 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Well said post #2

Mav75 #6 Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:43 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33647 battles
  • [-ZER0] -ZER0

Grats. Never heard of the Top 2 of either Tier X or Tier VIII. They new/re organized clans/sleepers?

Then again I haven’t played in CW in 2 years, started to feel like another job.

Simona2k #7 Posted 22 May 2019 - 08:42 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2431 battles
  • [GGLT] GGLT
interesting

Gypsy_Tomatoes #8 Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27369 battles
  • [-NARF] -NARF

View PostMav75, on 22 May 2019 - 01:43 AM, said:

Grats. Never heard of the Top 2 of either Tier X or Tier VIII. They new/re organized clans/sleepers?

Then again I haven’t played in CW in 2 years, started to feel like another job.

Im from -NARF and we got first and we are no new clan lol. 

maybe we arent the most known clan but we can play

StinkyStonky #9 Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:30 PM

Major

• Player
  • 32508 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

I wish WG provided a site/page that described details of clan performance over the season.

We now have a few 1000s gold to give out but no records of who played, who FCed, number of wins, damage, kills, etc.

We landed 7 or 8 times and held the land 2 or 3 times (at tier 8).  For that, plus completing the tasks, we earned about 6k gold, so about 100 gold for each of the 60ish players that took part.

So from a reward point of view it was definitely not worth taking part.

From an enjoyment POV it's sometimes a lot of fun.  One of the biggest negatives is the waiting around.  If you win a battle in 7ish minutes then you have 7ish minutes of waiting around before the next battle pops and the 15 minute count down starts.

Also the influence points seem to be superflous.  We finished with 4kish and never used any of them.

NL_Jens #10 Posted 23 May 2019 - 10:20 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 36491 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

Hello Wargaming,

We from OXIDE are really excited for another Clan tournament, like Clan Scuffle.

Can you tell us if there will be another of these tournaments soon, now that season 11 just ended?

Cheers,

NL_Jens

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users