• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

thePhilX #1 Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• WG Staff
  • 34128 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

Hey tankers!
We are about to start the supertest for a hit point increase to all Tier I–VI vehicles. We assume that the adjustments to HP pools will make low-tier and mid-tier vehicles last longer in battle, and at the same time make the transition to top-tier vehicles more comfortable. The Supertest will show if our assumptions are correct.

Why do we intend to give Tiers I–VI an HP increase?
While researching vehicles and going up the tiers every player can observe (and feel) the increments to their tanks’ stats and overall battle efficiency. One of the key parameters impacting a vehicle’s efficiency is its HP pool. Currently the HP pool growth curve is too steep from Tier I to Tier VI, and more gradual from Tier VII to Tier X (see the comparative graph below).

HP progression.jpg

This makes playing low-to-mid-tier vehicles less comfortable than it should be. When facing vehicles of a higher tier in battle, you can feel a huge difference between your HP pool and theirs. Because of this more pronounced distinction, the battles tend to last less at low-to-mid tiers.

What do we plan to do, exactly?

To make the HP amount progression more even, we intend to test an increase to HP pools of all Tier I–VI vehicles. The increment will be different for every single tier in the closed test, and will be defined by the same quotient for every vehicle of that tier. (See the quotient table below; a quotient of 1 equals to the current value.)

Tier I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X
HP Pool adjustment quotient 2.14 1.99 1.78 1.53 1.31 1.12 1 1 1

As per the table, the Tier I vehicles will receive the largest relative boost to their HP pools (+114%) for the duration of the Supertest. The reason is that currently the HP difference between the tiers is the sharper the lower the tier goes. For example, the MS-1, a Tier I Soviet tank, will have an HP pool of 215 points (instead of 100 points; rounded up) in the coming Supertest. The T-45, a Tier II Soviet tank, will get to 280 points (instead of 140 points; rounded up).

The changes to the HP pools will allow to:

• Soften the transition from a lower to a higher tier while following a branch
  • Increase the mean survival time in low-to-mid-tier battles, making them more comfortable both for newcomers and experienced players researching a new branch

It should be noted that we are talking solely about the first testing stage here—the one where we are going to check the impact of HP pools on battle statistics. The exact adjustment quotients are not final for any tier and may change. In case we get positive results, we will make a separate announcement of our decision to bring the changes into the game.

feies_vlad #2 Posted 21 May 2019 - 03:36 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14694 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC
WOW, WG finally realized that getting shot 1-2 times and all your HP is gone in lower tiers isn't fun or good for either new players or existing players, especially for light tanks or td's.

Pyra_sPaMs_SpEcIaL_AmMo #3 Posted 21 May 2019 - 04:49 PM

Private

• Player
  • 383 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH

I like this, currently at low tiers, say tier 1 or example, you die in 2-3 shots, 2 seconds apart by an equal tier tank.

To emphasize just how crazy that is, ill scale it up to tier 10 Hp. The idea here is to show how ridiculous the dpm of a tier 10 vehicle would have to be to provide the same gameplay. So here goes.

Current Tier 1: 100 hp, dies in 3 shots. enemy tank has a 2 second reload

Tier 10 if all tier had the same kill-time: 2000 hp, dies in 3 shots, enemy tank has 700 damage per shot with a 2 second reload and can keep firing constantly.

Imagine that, an object 140 with 700 alpha and a 2 second reload. That is low tiers right now.

FrantisekBascovansky #4 Posted 21 May 2019 - 05:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45609 battles

So.... an ammunition amount that tanks can carry, or alpha/pen values will be adjusted too?

Imagine any stock tier 1 tank with 30pen and 30alpha versus H35 with 320hp and 40mm all around armor.

Or anything tier 2-3 versus 460hp Pz II J.

Or anything tier 3 versus 520hp Matilda. Good luck with that.

This will only bring massive gold spam even to low tiers including tier 1 battles imho.

I mean, what's the point? You can be one ot two-shotted in tier 10 tank too.

Edited by FrantisekBascovansky, 21 May 2019 - 05:26 PM.

bbmoose #5 Posted 21 May 2019 - 05:27 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14266 battles
Well, I have to admit, this gives me hope. I hope it will be implemented soon.

KanonenVogel19 #6 Posted 21 May 2019 - 05:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 390 battles

This is actually a really good change. I'm not against oneshots, but it should be consistent throught the tiers. For example, if higher tiers can take multiple shots, that should also be the case at lower tiers, and the other way around, if lower tiers only take 1-2 shots, that should also be the case at higher tiers. With these changes, the amount of HP you have and the amount of hits you can take will be more consistent and that's very good.

Another idea that you could experiment with is to replace hitpoints with module and crew members. So for example, instead of having 500 hitpoints, you have 4 crew members. And the tank gets taken out not when the 500 hitpoints are gone, but when the 4 crew members are killed. That would of course require a rework of shell damage mechanics etc, but it's a more realistic solution, that also eliminates the problem with HTs having lots of armor and lots of HP on top of that.

FreeEmpire #7 Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 31324 battles
Cool but what about low tiers arty alpha and pen? How manny years before the nerf of at least grille, hummels and the dpm of the m44?

FrantisekBascovansky #8 Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45609 battles

View PostFreeEmpire, on 21 May 2019 - 07:48 PM, said:

Cool but what about low tiers arty alpha and pen? How manny years before the nerf of at least grille, hummels and the dpm of the m44?

Low tiers arty pen is already next to nothing so what the hell would you like to nerf here. Alpha is a number of dmg when you pen, and you pen like in 1 out of 100 times. It needs APs with more pen and no splash, and no nerf to HE pen ffs.

FYI japan medium tank at tier 2 has bigger DPM than arties at tier 5-6.

Homer_J #9 Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:28 PM

Field Marshal

• 33999 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostFrantisekBascovansky, on 21 May 2019 - 05:11 PM, said:

I mean, what's the point? You can be one ot two-shotted in tier 10 tank too.

A tier I can be clipped to death in a couple of seconds, a tier X almost always has time to escape with some health left.

This change will give genuine newbies a slightly better chance against seal clubbers.  There is no need to increase ammo or pen and certainly not alpha to compensate.

Edited by Homer_J, 21 May 2019 - 10:30 PM.

StrikeFIN #10 Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8359 battles

Battles takes longer, more xp for players (more dmg dealt), low tier derps got "nerf" in way (as usually they are manage to one shot, but not anymore, in most cases after changes)

Survival games begin!

FrantisekBascovansky #11 Posted 21 May 2019 - 11:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45609 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 21 May 2019 - 10:28 PM, said:

A tier I can be clipped to death in a couple of seconds, a tier X almost always has time to escape with some health left.

This change will give genuine newbies a slightly better chance against seal clubbers.  There is no need to increase ammo or pen and certainly not alpha to compensate.

I disagree.

Inexperieced players will not be better or survive longer (well maybe *a bit* longer), they will just die as usual and maybe they will feel a bit more "brave" because of increased HP pool. They will be even more lazy to learn how to protect theirs tank hp.

Experieced players will just have the opportunity to farm more meat anyway.

Both will have the motivation to spam more gold.

undutchable80 #12 Posted 22 May 2019 - 06:38 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 15573 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Interesting development. Will have to wait and see what the final result will be, but I am leaning towards "thumbs up" for now.

bgjudge #13 Posted 22 May 2019 - 07:18 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30233 battles

View PostthePhilX, on 21 May 2019 - 01:28 PM, said:

Hey tankers!
We are about to start the supertest for a hit point increase to all Tier I–VI vehicles. We assume that the adjustments to HP pools will make low-tier and mid-tier vehicles last longer in battle, and at the same time make the transition to top-tier vehicles more comfortable. The Supertest will show if our assumptions are correct.

While researching vehicles and going up the tiers every player can observe (and feel) the increments to their tanks’ stats and overall battle efficiency. One of the key parameters impacting a vehicle’s efficiency is its HP pool. Currently the HP pool growth curve is too steep from Tier I to Tier VI, and more gradual from Tier VII to Tier X (see the comparative graph below).

HP progression.jpg

This makes playing low-to-mid-tier vehicles less comfortable than it should be. When facing vehicles of a higher tier in battle, you can feel a huge difference between your HP pool and theirs. Because of this more pronounced distinction, the battles tend to last less at low-to-mid tiers.

To make the HP amount progression more even, we intend to test an increase to HP pools of all Tier I–VI vehicles. The increment will be different for every single tier in the closed test, and will be defined by the same quotient for every vehicle of that tier. (See the quotient table below; a quotient of 1 equals to the current value.)

As per the table, the Tier I vehicles will receive the largest relative boost to their HP pools (+114%) for the duration of the Supertest. The reason is that currently the HP difference between the tiers is the sharper the lower the tier goes. For example, the MS-1, a Tier I Soviet tank, will have an HP pool of 215 points (instead of 100 points; rounded up) in the coming Supertest. The T-45, a Tier II Soviet tank, will get to 280 points (instead of 140 points; rounded up).

• Increase the mean survival time in low-to-mid-tier battles, making them more comfortable both for newcomers and experienced players researching a new branch

It should be noted that we are talking solely about the first testing stage here—the one where we are going to check the impact of HP pools on battle statistics. The exact adjustment quotients are not final for any tier and may change. In case we get positive results, we will make a separate announcement of our decision to bring the changes into the game.

The result you are seeking is a good one. Longer battles for low tiers...or you are just allowing the new players to make more mistakes and get out with it.

Sadly there are tanks with 600-700 DPM and when you face 3 enemy tanks you will need to fight with MINUTES...

This is dangerous approach( HP buff).

Better NERF the rate of fire and the DAMAGE in total. We have DURP guns in LOW tiers and premium MONSTERS... 

WTF will happen with PZ II J ?=> KV 1 HP ?  ( 1.78 x 260 hp = 460 total hp ? ) Are you crazy :medal:?

How you will balance between 140 hp tanks in tier 2 and same with 200 hp in tier 2 ?  One get 280hp other 400 ( cause 2x)??

How can you balance TD HP...

I think the idea is GREAT, but HP buff ? I dont know...As you said- this is only a SUPER test...so.good luck WG.

Better reduce the firepower....<<<=!...

Thejagdpanther #14 Posted 22 May 2019 - 08:36 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 40356 battles
  • [TKBS] TKBS
Tier 7 need the same medicine, specially Td.

Laatikkomafia #15 Posted 22 May 2019 - 10:17 AM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 23824 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

TOG with 1568 HP.

Still a bad tank. FeelsBadMan

Bordhaw #16 Posted 22 May 2019 - 06:41 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 16533 battles

View PostthePhilX, on 21 May 2019 - 01:28 PM, said:

Hey tankers!

HP progression.jpg

Good idea and plan.

But why always do WG make it so complicated?

View Postbgjudge, on 22 May 2019 - 06:18 AM, said:

WTF will happen with PZ II J ?=> KV 1 HP ?  ( 1.78 x 260 hp = 460 total hp ? ) Are you crazy :medal:?

A tank that few own or play and can be easily destroyed by the new Italy and Poland tech tree tanks.

Anymn #17 Posted 23 May 2019 - 05:33 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21444 battles
  • [RHPA] RHPA

Yes, understandable choice to have more balance between tiers, now it's relatively easier to compete with a tier 6 tank in tier 8 battles, 4 in 6, etc.

However, I severely dislike the lobby to destroy all one-shot possibilities from the game. Many fun tanks with derp guns will be impacted in that they need to fire 2 or even 3 times now, while dpm tanks will  come much better out of the equation. I hope tanks such as KV-2, Hetzer, 175dmg tanks at tier 3 get a bit of compensation accordingly. Besides the fact it's fun to drive them, it's also very helpful for players to learn to fear certain tanks.

Edited by Anymn, 23 May 2019 - 05:35 AM.

YourBestFriend_2016 #18 Posted 02 June 2019 - 10:41 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23899 battles
  • [_AOF_] _AOF_

They need to increase the number of shells also.

There is a bigger pool of HP in the enemy team so you need more shells to kill them. Some tanks will not have enough now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users