Jump to content


M41D's exclusive camo


  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

KaunisKiinalainen #1 Posted 22 May 2019 - 09:48 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7540 battles
  • 12
  • [RDDT] RDDT
  • Member since:
    03-16-2013

So I just bought the M41D, the chinese (or taiwanese) tier 8 premium light tank and when I went to apply the camo that came with the purchase of this tank... There was only one "Formosian three-tone" camo. Not nine so I could apply the camo for summer, winter and desert maps, but only ONE. Did I read the description wrong on the website where it says that "Formosian three-tone" camo is included in the bundle or what?

 

I bought the standard bundle that cost 25€, so I went to check the other more expensive bundle to see, if it said "Formosian three tone" CAMOS, but there was the exact same text as in the standard bundle one. Is this a bug or I just got ripped off big time?

 

Edit: WG has replied me finally with a decent answer and we'll just have to wait: 

 

Hello LittleWizard25, Thank you for contacting Wargaming EU Customer Support. We understand your query about your purchased premium goods. We're more than glad to assist you on this matter.

We and our developers are aware of an issue where there are missing camouflages when purchasing M41D bundle. Do not worry as we will deliver those missing camouflages straight to your account as soon as possible. WOT EU M41D Missing camouflages

We shall contact you for additional information if needed, and we sincerely appreciate your interest in the improvement of World of Tanks. For the meantime, please log back in-game now and continue playing.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

We are always here to help you. Have a good day. 

Best regards,

 

Edited by LittleWizard25, 23 May 2019 - 12:53 PM.


Brownape #2 Posted 22 May 2019 - 09:56 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 7790 battles
  • 452
  • Member since:
    01-10-2015
The camo covers all the seasons

KaunisKiinalainen #3 Posted 22 May 2019 - 09:59 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7540 battles
  • 12
  • [RDDT] RDDT
  • Member since:
    03-16-2013

View PostBrownape, on 22 May 2019 - 11:56 AM, said:

The camo covers all the seasons

 

Oh, really? But when I try to apply it, it only applies to the part of the tank where I click on and it does not cover the whole tank in that camo. Guess I have to try one game with it 

Brownape #4 Posted 22 May 2019 - 10:01 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 7790 battles
  • 452
  • Member since:
    01-10-2015

View PostLittleWizard25, on 22 May 2019 - 09:59 AM, said:

 

Oh, really? But when I try to apply it, it only applies to the part of the tank where I click on and it does not cover the whole tank in that camo. Guess I have to try one game with it 

 

you should have 3 pieces still. can you grab a screenie?

 

see here, there is only one piece on the Winner type 2 and fan 2018 and football player 2018 but when i apply them it covers the entire tank and all 3 seasons

 


Edited by Brownape, 22 May 2019 - 10:03 AM.


If_I_Die_You_Die_Too #5 Posted 22 May 2019 - 10:02 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 7322 battles
  • 455
  • Member since:
    07-14-2016

Where does it say nine?

It covers the entire tank and works for all seasons, yes

 

If yours doesn't then its a bug

 

You just bought the most fun tank in the game at tier 8 btw

Good view range

OK concealment

Fabulous mobility

A high velocity fast reload gun

 

Makes a Cromwell B look slow


Edited by If_I_Die_You_Die_Too, 22 May 2019 - 10:14 AM.


Randomar #6 Posted 22 May 2019 - 10:24 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 26760 battles
  • 30
  • Member since:
    10-18-2015

View PostLittleWizard25, on 22 May 2019 - 09:48 AM, said:

So I just bought the M41D, the chinese (or taiwanese) tier 8 premium light tank and when I went to apply the camo that came with the purchase of this tank... There was only one "Formosian three-tone" camo. Not nine so I could apply the camo for summer, winter and desert maps, but only ONE. Did I read the description wrong on the website where it says that "Formosian three-tone" camo is included in the bundle or what?

 

I bought the standard bundle that cost 25€, so I went to check the other more expensive bundle to see, if it said "Formosian three tone" CAMOS, but there was the exact same text as in the standard bundle one. Is this a bug or I just got ripped off big time?

 

You should have watched at the pictures before you buy.
The camos are applied automatically for summer, winter and desert.
 
In this case you have received a single camo, consisting out of three pieces.
In the options window you can see that this unique camo is used for all 3 cases.
 
You can ask the Wargaming support when you want your money back.
 
As a customer I have to say that a billion dollar company could spend more effort on the 3 camos when they ask €25 for it.

 

 



Balc0ra #7 Posted 22 May 2019 - 10:31 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 70505 battles
  • 19,319
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostLittleWizard25, on 22 May 2019 - 09:59 AM, said:

 

Oh, really? But when I try to apply it, it only applies to the part of the tank where I click on and it does not cover the whole tank in that camo. Guess I have to try one game with it 

 

As show above. Have you checked the preset tab vs the camo tab?

KaunisKiinalainen #8 Posted 22 May 2019 - 10:42 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7540 battles
  • 12
  • [RDDT] RDDT
  • Member since:
    03-16-2013

View PostBrownape, on 22 May 2019 - 12:01 PM, said:

 

you should have 3 pieces still. can you grab a screenie?

 

see here, there is only one piece on the Winner type 2 and fan 2018 and football player 2018 but when i apply them it covers the entire tank and all 3 seasons

 

 

The exclusive camo is not in the "Presets" category and I do know how those camos work as I have also the "Elite Amethyst" camo and some others. The formosian camo is in "Custom style" category where you can only apply pieces of a camo to your tank parts :/  

 https://gyazo.com/9e62cd54f8172e90f00d673cd5bbd55a (Shows up in the "Custom style" category as one single piece of camo)

 

https://gyazo.com/fca3f58d31a8666a911aed72ae7922fd   (Not in the "Presets" category"

 

https://gyazo.com/5f7c68d744b55b3157b00f6470ba841c (When I apply it on the hull)

 

Sorry, I don't know how to post images like you, so I could only give gyazo links

09:44 Added after 2 minutes

View PostRandomar, on 22 May 2019 - 12:24 PM, said:

 

You should have watched at the pictures before you buy.
The camos are applied automatically for summer, winter and desert.
 
In this case you have received a single camo, consisting out of three pieces.
In the options window you can see that this unique camo is used for all 3 cases.
 
You can ask the Wargaming support when you want your money back.
 
As a customer I have to say that a billion dollar company could spend more effort on the 3 camos when they ask €25 for it.

 

 

 

I did check the images and the premium shop images that was shown had the full camo on the tank. This is very odd https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wot/main/13896/

Seems like I do have to contact the support and ask them what's going on

09:47 Added after 4 minutes

View PostBalc0ra, on 22 May 2019 - 12:31 PM, said:

 

As show above. Have you checked the preset tab vs the camo tab?

 

Yeah, you can check my recent reply to Brownape

Edited by LittleWizard25, 22 May 2019 - 10:47 AM.


WoT_RU_Doing #9 Posted 22 May 2019 - 10:48 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 55093 battles
  • 3,108
  • [-GY-] -GY-
  • Member since:
    07-20-2013

Check what you have against this screenshot. I've not got the special camo applied, but you can see I have 9 bottom left. If you only got 1 camo raise a ticket and contact Cust Svcs - you should have 9 identical pieces (the winter and desert are the same as the summer)….

shot_1867.jpg



KaunisKiinalainen #10 Posted 22 May 2019 - 10:57 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7540 battles
  • 12
  • [RDDT] RDDT
  • Member since:
    03-16-2013

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 22 May 2019 - 12:48 PM, said:

Check what you have against this screenshot. I've not got the special camo applied, but you can see I have 9 bottom left. If you only got 1 camo raise a ticket and contact Cust Svcs - you should have 9 identical pieces (the winter and desert are the same as the summer)….

shot_1867.jpg

 

Yeah, I double-checked it and I do have only one piece of it. Just sent a support ticket to WG, hope they will answer me soon

Randomar #11 Posted 22 May 2019 - 11:20 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 26760 battles
  • 30
  • Member since:
    10-18-2015
Hover with the mouse pointer over the Camo-pattern for the M41D.
It should show a popup with a info where the other 2 are attached.

fwhaatpiraat #12 Posted 22 May 2019 - 11:23 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 55219 battles
  • 1,277
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 22 May 2019 - 10:48 AM, said:

Check what you have against this screenshot. I've not got the special camo applied, but you can see I have 9 bottom left. If you only got 1 camo raise a ticket and contact Cust Svcs - you should have 9 identical pieces (the winter and desert are the same as the summer)….

shot_1867.jpg

Chinese digital camo :)



KaunisKiinalainen #13 Posted 22 May 2019 - 11:28 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7540 battles
  • 12
  • [RDDT] RDDT
  • Member since:
    03-16-2013

View PostRandomar, on 22 May 2019 - 01:20 PM, said:

Hover with the mouse pointer over the Camo-pattern for the M41D.
It should show a popup with a info where the other 2 are attached.

 

It says "1 in depot" and "1 applied to the tank" even though I don't have it applied :/

WoT_RU_Doing #14 Posted 22 May 2019 - 11:29 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 55093 battles
  • 3,108
  • [-GY-] -GY-
  • Member since:
    07-20-2013

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 22 May 2019 - 10:23 AM, said:

Chinese digital camo :)

 

...with French Blue base paint to give a better contrast on the colours :).

Jumping_Turtle #15 Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:35 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 66630 battles
  • 6,531
  • [CNUT] CNUT
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013
Answer CS will be to start the game in safe mode and/or update/remove all mods.

So better try that before so you can tell them that didnt work and saves you some time.

KaunisKiinalainen #16 Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:50 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7540 battles
  • 12
  • [RDDT] RDDT
  • Member since:
    03-16-2013

WG replied to my ticket and they said the following

 

Hello LittleWizard25 Thank you for contacting Wargaming support.

The FORMOSIAN THREE-TONE CAMO is standard camouflage not the preset style. The offers stands nothing about amount of camouflage so in this case it was just one of it. 

I hope that clarifies whole situation.

If you have any other question about game, please write to us.

I wish you nice day and successes in battles!

Kind regards,

 

 


Edited by LittleWizard25, 22 May 2019 - 05:03 PM.


WoT_RU_Doing #17 Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:53 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 55093 battles
  • 3,108
  • [-GY-] -GY-
  • Member since:
    07-20-2013

View PostLittleWizard25, on 22 May 2019 - 12:50 PM, said:

WG replied to my ticket and they said the following:

 

Hello LittleWizard25 Thank you for contacting Wargaming support.

The FORMOSIAN THREE-TONE CAMO is standard camouflage not the preset style. The offers stands nothing about amount of camouflage so in this case it was just one of it.

I hope that clarifies whole situation.

If you have any other question about game, please write to us.

I wish you nice day and successes in battles!

Kind regards,

 

 

 

Well that's just ridiculous.....what are you supposed to do with 1 camo? You can't even apply it to anything except the M4!D, so it should either be sold with 9 pieces or none at all. I hope WG sort it out.
12:57 Added after 4 minutes
Btw....you might want to point out to them that the pictures in the shop show it with 3 camos on two map types, so that would be 6. It may also be worth posting something in the announcement thread for the offer, as I think WG staff are more likely to read it and thus hear about the problem.....http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/708601-t-34-85-rudy-m41d-the-black-sheep/

Edited by WoT_RU_Doing, 22 May 2019 - 01:58 PM.


Karasu_Hidesuke #18 Posted 22 May 2019 - 03:11 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 16318 battles
  • 4,251
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
  • Member since:
    12-03-2013
Seems it's even more exclusive than people thought.... WP WG....:sceptic:

Randomar #19 Posted 22 May 2019 - 04:18 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 26760 battles
  • 30
  • Member since:
    10-18-2015

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 22 May 2019 - 10:48 AM, said:

Check what you have against this screenshot. I've not got the special camo applied, but you can see I have 9 bottom left. If you only got 1 camo raise a ticket and contact Cust Svcs - you should have 9 identical pieces (the winter and desert are the same as the summer)….

shot_1867.jpg

 

@LittleWizard25

Pls tell the Wargaming-Support the link to this thread.
Tell them, we have here another WoT Customer with the same item and he got 9 camos.

 

 

 

 



KaunisKiinalainen #20 Posted 22 May 2019 - 06:25 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7540 battles
  • 12
  • [RDDT] RDDT
  • Member since:
    03-16-2013

View PostRandomar, on 22 May 2019 - 06:18 PM, said:

 

@LittleWizard25

Pls tell the Wargaming-Support the link to this thread.
Tell them, we have here another WoT Customer with the same item and he got 9 camos.

 

 

 

 

 

Yeah my friend just bought the bundle and he got the full camo, what is going on here???




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users