• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

The_Naa #21 Posted 23 May 2019 - 08:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6696 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostVenom7000, on 23 May 2019 - 08:23 PM, said:

Most likely gonna buy that Type 62. I guess that M41D is a better light overall if we look at mobility and gun and gun handling. However its too big and cammo is the worst of all. I need a passive scout. I dont need/know how to be up close and personal in a light and to live thru it. I get enough excitement up close playing HT Russians. 
So I guess I will wait for Type 62.

i do want to remind you that it will fall apart easily.

a good of example of a game i had in it...

http://wotreplays.eu...81fe6052c0c882f

PointZero #22 Posted 23 May 2019 - 10:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45560 battles

Type 64 is large and squishy for a LT but has decent enough camo coupled with great viewrange for the tier to make it work as long as you know what you are doing and the map allows you to play your LT to its fullest advantage. It has good top speed but is a tad sluggish to get there. The turret has an open top and you have paper for armor which can make your life a misery if you are fighting against derp guns (wheeled LT's) and the scourge of the tier M44 at ranges where you'll get spotted.

The gun has good dispersion and it's rapid firing so you'll be able to quickly tear apart squishy lower tiers and most tier 6 & 7 MT's but it will also quickly eat through your limited ammo capacity if you are not carefull enough. With a good crew and use of game mechanics you'll remain unspotted while chewing through your opponents and the tank can really shine when you get those mid-top tier MM games with an open map. Mistakes can be really costly due to low hitpoints and everything fired in the same postcode as you will generally pen. For a Chinese LT crew trainer it has wrong crew layout

Here's an oldie to give you an idea on what can happen when it all goes according to plan with a hint of luck on your side

http://wotreplays.eu...ntzero-type_64.

Venom7000 #23 Posted 24 May 2019 - 08:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5422 battles

I tried to watch both replays.
1. Naa you were way too aggressive (in my opinion. But that's just me I like I said never play LTs but enjoy to destroy them.) You did show how vulnerable it is once someone fires (ammo rack and all). Good replay to show how dangerous it becomes once you are spotted in this tank. 
P.s- I legit never saw anyone use Removed Speed Governor in the game. Is it a tactic that is commonly used in LTs?

2. PointZero, I couldn't use your replay. Said that there is incompatibility and despite me still saying YES to playing it. The launcher just exits. :(
However I do see your point in Type64. No armor and mistakes can cost you. I also heard that it like some other Premium LTs was not changed after the MM fix for lights (not the new MM fix). Where it now only faces +2max. They were all usable in +3 and not they can be on the OP side a bit since they cant change the premium vehicles. As a crew trainer I dont mind if its wrong layout, since this would be my first Chinese tank anyways. I am still 99% russian tech tree player. 

Yeah I guess the worst time to become LT player or do anything LT is now since those wheeled s#$%ts have been introduced. ;(

Venom7000 #24 Posted 24 May 2019 - 09:56 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5422 battles
I may be breaking my own rule here but. I just noticed some tank named HWK30 in my garage as offer. How is this tank as scout?

DerpMcBrexit #25 Posted 25 May 2019 - 12:40 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21449 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

View PostVenom7000, on 24 May 2019 - 08:56 PM, said:

I may be breaking my own rule here but. I just noticed some tank named HWK30 in my garage as offer. How is this tank as scout?

Not very good.

You should really aim for either a Blackdog or LT-432, the only tier 8 prem lights which are good. While the others aren't necessarily bad, they can't compete with the Blackdog or LT.

The_Naa #26 Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6696 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostVenom7000, on 24 May 2019 - 08:16 PM, said:

I tried to watch both replays.
1. Naa you were way too aggressive (in my opinion. But that's just me I like I said never play LTs but enjoy to destroy them.) You did show how vulnerable it is once someone fires (ammo rack and all). Good replay to show how dangerous it becomes once you are spotted in this tank. 

could have been that i was too aggressive or could have been that i did not take into account that everything breaks down i have to sit there and watch my tank explode. 

i need to train repairs on my crew next…

View PostVenom7000, on 24 May 2019 - 08:16 PM, said:

P.s- I legit never saw anyone use Removed Speed Governor in the game. Is it a tactic that is commonly used in LTs?

i use it to gain that little bit of extra speed when i need it.

i do regret it every time my tank bursts into flames :D

but i have a greater need for speed.

Kami_398 #27 Posted 25 May 2019 - 11:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16002 battles
  • [M-H-C] M-H-C
I have been just reading through this thread and thought of giving my two cents. But first off, I only have the type 64. 
Having said that, I have some of my best games with it and do quite well in it consistently.  Its armor is really bad, but it compensates that with its amazing gun (i have it currently on 2.2 seconds reload while fully decked out causing about 130 dmg). And if you end up top tier you will do well, if you know how to play LTs. 
Further, the type 64 was my first LT and it really got me into playing LTs. So, i guess it is somewhat a good stepping stone? 
When it comes to the tier 8 light prem tanks, as a person said before, try getting the LT-432 or the Blackdog. They are just all around better light tanks than most others.  

Also tagged with Chinese light tank, light tank, scout

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users