The Black Market is Now Open

• Please log in to reply
4550 replies to this topic

happyal #4481 Posted 30 May 2019 - 07:13 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12506 battles
  • [95TH] 95TH
Didn't buy much but I still think this has been a great event. Great opportunity to get stuff that I never thought I'd have the chance too, and quite a bit for credits.

Plus 1 to WG

TheArk_2014 #4482 Posted 30 May 2019 - 07:22 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 66722 battles
  • [_ARK_] _ARK_

Mates, look what I've got:

King Tiger ©:

The hind on how I've got it is somewhere in this thread, search a little.

:rolleyes:

Edited by TheArk_2014, 30 May 2019 - 08:00 PM.

djolltax #4483 Posted 30 May 2019 - 07:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18151 battles
  • [CHLHW] CHLHW

View Posthappyal, on 30 May 2019 - 06:13 PM, said:

Didn't buy much but I still think this has been a great event. Great opportunity to get stuff that I never thought I'd have the chance too, and quite a bit for credits.

Plus 1 to WG

yeah it was interesting, I'm not really going to give it a plus or a minus... I would have liked to have seen some cheaper offers for some of the newer players, lower tier premiums for silver, to help them with crew training etc...

But I suppose there's the French M10 TD for free this month anyway, so there's something about for everyone

KanonenVogel19 #4484 Posted 30 May 2019 - 07:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 390 battles

View PostAlfa_Tau, on 30 May 2019 - 07:11 PM, said:

a TD is built around its GUN !

I fully agree with that, and that's why the Foch 155 is worse (atleast in my opinion).

Let's compare the gun:

Foch 155 has 350 more alpha.

Foch 155 has 36 more penetration.

Foch 155 has 0.67 worse aiming time.

Foch 155 has 0.02 worse accuracy.

And that's not all, let's look at the magazine itself:

Foch 155 takes 11.51 seconds longer to reload its magazine. And even though it takes longer, it has a lower damage potential than the Foch B. The Foch 155 can do 2250 damage with one magazine, while the Foch B can do 2400 damage with one magazine. As if that wasn't enough, both of them empty their magazine in the same time, even though Foch B reloads faster and has a higher damage potential.

And that's still not enough, because the Foch B has 0.44 better hp/t ratio and 0.62 better concealment after firing.

Basically, the only advantage the Foch 155 has is the penetration, and those 297 mm of penetration is still not enough to reliably go through some heavy vehicles. While the Foch B has a bit lower penetration, it also gets better accuracy and aimtime, so it's more effective at aiming for weak areas of the armor, and it's easier to do a full magazine reload to premium ammo since the magazine reload is shorter.

Same applies to the HE shells. While they might do more damage, you'll spend almost 48 seconds on switching shells. By the time you have the HE shells ready, the target you planned to use them on might already be destroyed, and you'll need to shoot them on something else instead where AP shells could have been better.

View PostAlfa_Tau, on 30 May 2019 - 07:11 PM, said:

everyone can give a different value to the same obj. and none force anyone to buy to keep playing.

Have a good evening

Well if you bought it and you're happy with your purchase, I'm not critizing you for it. Good evening to you aswell :great:

exori #4485 Posted 30 May 2019 - 07:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 41868 battles

View Postraverick, on 30 May 2019 - 05:56 PM, said:

Fix the prices, delivery system and this damn 12h shift. 10am-22pm would be great.

10/22h would be terrible. if you start with 10h you have every1 working at that time.

6/18h is perfect. those ppl working from 7-15, 8-16 even those 9-17 have 2 chances to buy the tanks.

and remember, working ppl are those who are paying the most.

Elhazzared #4486 Posted 30 May 2019 - 07:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21855 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

And since it's over it is time for a review of the black market system.

First, let's start by the NO WARNING that players received (or rather didn't). In the past when WG did a special worthy of notice (actually most of them weren't) or a marathon, people got warned via e-mail at very least, although often a day late already. With the black market no warning whatsoever. Guess WG didn't really wanted players to get their hands on gold tanks going for credits (where it mattered they still did anyway, WG just made itself look bad in front of the people who received no warning and missed out on stuff).

Next the offers. Plenty of them were not even something I'd consider offers as they were being sold for gold which guess what, we have the store for that!

Following up by 2 offers a day for a 12 hour period. This means that people that work do not get to see them both, at best they see one.

And to top it off, there is a limited number of these offers so they are really not for everyone but only for the people with no life that can stand in front of a PC screen at any time just spam clicking it to get it before all the others.

So the conclusion is the same as with most of what wargamming does. Good idea but the worst possible implementation rendering the whole efforth worthless to the point that it was better to not having done it at all!

I'd say that I'd like to see WG learn from this but let's be honest. WG has never learned from anything bad it did because the community just refuses to protest with their wallets.

dotns #4487 Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:01 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 57857 battles
  • [SAM] SAM
superb... finaly... good job wg

iuliand_ro #4488 Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16549 battles
  • [DYNG] DYNG

View PostTheArk_2014, on 30 May 2019 - 08:22 PM, said:

Mates, look what I've got:

King Tiger ©:

The hind on how I've get id is somewhere in this thread, search a little.

:rolleyes:

It's a twitch prime membership reward. I received it too, but it is listed as rental in my garage. Judging by the note when you hover the tank it seems that it is available as long as you are a twitch prime subscriber. If that's the case it is a little disappointing. The commander is cool though. Thanks WG!

And on topic, I think the black market was a great event. Luckily I've had the resource to buy everything I wanted.

I couldn't catch a 59G but on the other hand I'm glad I missed it because I hate that skin. I would have bought it just for the collectible value but I think I would hate myself to spend so much gold for an ugly skin (that should have no place in this game along with other fantastic abominations). I have the historical 59 though, so I have no regrets.

WWonka #4489 Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 46627 battles
  • [I__G] I__G

I agree on the above :-)))

same post as mine, just said with other words.

Bottom line is still that WG had a great idea, and as such can be improved in the future, but they probably wont, even though it would mean more money and more happy people. 

But they are so afraid of the balance of the game, that they prefer to only give this kind of specials to the few, the collectors, the hardcore gamers and the rich :-)))),

This way they have mad sure again to make the minority happy, the rest indifferent, and the interested sad.

Again ther average joe, is being left in the dark, (just look at the difference of the Chinese T-59G and the EU T-59G, where it is obvious they make a big discrimination against the EU players etc, trying to make it look like the real deal, but you have to be a hardcore gamer or collector to find the info, and realise that your balls are squashed hard here, in terms of hiding the truth, that you only buy an overprised golden skin)

Shark1530 #4490 Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:19 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 45579 battles
  • [DLMT] DLMT

View PostWWonka, on 30 May 2019 - 05:26 PM, said:

As i said: 

A great idea for an event.

Good event for those with above average stock  of credits and gold.

a good event for those who doesent have to work every day.

a good event for the players who is willing to buy anything, just to have it.

A bad event for those who doesent have endless funds

A bad event for most people with nomal jobs, 9 to 5 

A bad event for newcommers

A bad event for for nomal players.

All in all:

A good idea, wasted to please the few, with Meh at best, for depleting stocks of creds and gold.

Thumbs up for idea

Thumbs down for wasting the potential of earnings to WG and good deals for the average players  

Well great event, took 2 tier 8; T34B and CAX! Only not sure is it completely great event, because this can be Pandora box and now we could have noobs in tier X, what probably is not very good?! Or is good if they are in enemy team?

Edited by Shark1530, 30 May 2019 - 08:20 PM.

WWonka #4491 Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 46627 battles
  • [I__G] I__G

Just to clarify, i am by no means unhappy with the event as such, its a great idea, and the first offer was a good offer, but the rest was meh and not that good, all factors taken into consideration.

And as such its a great game and WG is doing a good job to make a funny game, just make me sad to see them prioritze the few selected again with the good deals as always :-(

19:25 Added after 2 minutes
The problem for WG is as always the balance of the game, and when they try to do it good, they alwaýs end up serving the few, and forget the large majority that pay for this game

Catn1p #4492 Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1386 battles
The event was great at the beginning. I was goddamned lucky and happened to look at the Forums the very minute Blackdog was available and bought two for me and my son got one too.

We were hoping for Progettos, EBR’s and Skorpions and whatnot but soon the leaked list became available. Still we logged in every 12 hours in the vain hope that the leaked list would be altered.

I’m happy with the tanks I got for free but for the next time: don’t frigging leak the tank list!!!!!!

BravelyRanAway #4493 Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:32 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24300 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostElhazzared, on 30 May 2019 - 06:57 PM, said:

And to top it off, there is a limited number of these offers so they are really not for everyone but only for the people with no life that can stand in front of a PC screen at any time just spam clicking it to get it before all the others.

I have a life, thank you very much.

You know the exact times of the sale, so you don't have to spend more than two minutes at the computer. If you really want, roll out of bed for a few minutes and click 'buy'....go back to bed.

In the evening's when I couldn't be home, I used my Shield Tablet to access my home computer to buy.......

Spoiler

I can access everything on my computer through my tablet, emails, music, etc.....I can even turn it off remotely.

And if you don't have tech to help you......get a relative to assist.:)

DarkFalcon357 #4494 Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11122 battles
  • [E-X-E] E-X-E

I have one major issue with this - I have a full time job and a young child, I play this game for fun as a relaxation. I haven't been able to get online at any time where I have been able to get any offers that I didn't already have... I would love to have spent gold and or credits but was simply unable to do more than look at offers that had already run out....

Thanks WG - great idea, flawed execution imo

KanonenVogel19 #4495 Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 390 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 30 May 2019 - 08:32 PM, said:

If you really want, roll out of bed for a few minutes and click 'buy'....go back to bed.

I agree with you that it's not so difficult to be there at the sales, but the problem is falling asleep again afterwards :P

I simply can't buy stuff without starting to think: do I want this? is it worth it? can I get it for a better price? etc. And when doing that, my brain starts working, I automatically wake up further, and then if I've already slept 4-5-6 hours I can't fall asleep again.

VarzA #4496 Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:45 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25915 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

View PostKanonenVogel19, on 30 May 2019 - 07:05 PM, said:

Nope. Top of the Tree would have given us 30% discount on tiers VIII-X, while in the calculation I only used 15%. The 15% discount is quite common actually. It's quite wasteful to buy tanks when they're not on discount, but as I said, everyone is in charge of their own credits.

Actually, I forgot about selling the previous vehicles. That means the difference in cost between getting the tech tree Foch B and the Foch 155 would be an even worse deal.

I didn't count in tier I-IV because the costs of these tanks are so small it's not even worth calculating them. And besides many players skip these tiers with free xp. The tier 6 and tier 7 are not miserable at all since they have good guns. Of course that depends on how you play them, but if you play them as supporters and snipers, they work quite well.

To be honest, you shouldn't get a TD if you're allergic to sniping ;)

It's worse on everything expect penetration and alpha*. Compare it ingame and you'll see for yourself.

* = Actually, it's discussible if the alpha is worse or not. The Foch 155 has 750 alpha, while the Foch B has 400 alpha. But you need to take the magazine shell reload into consideration aswell. Foch 155 takes 5 seconds to reload 1 shell, while Foch B takes 2 seconds to reload 1 shell. That means, after 2 seconds, the Foch 155 has done 750 damage, while the Foch B has done 800 damage. On top of that, the Foch B reloads its magazine faster and still has higher magazine damage potential.

18:07 Added after 2 minutes

Oh :(

Well, atleast in my opinion, you're not missing anything important. I've been looking at that purchase button for well about 30-60 minutes now and trying to find a single good argument except for it being unaviable in the tech tree, and I can't find it. The economy speaks for itself, so does the math. Basically it's 25 million credits to get a worse version of the Foch B.

You took apart my post, to prove some imagining idea, and completely went past my main idea.

The t4-t7 are miserable and annoying, t4/t7 by far the worst, and the t6 is pretty bad too, t5 is a great tank if you have a very good crew at that tier, which most ppl who grind this line don't.

I never said i'm allergic to sniping, i commented on how just 1 playstyle is viable for the t8 because of the low hp, you are putting words in my mouth, running off on assumptions.

My arguments about where it is better, dealt with both actual stats and reaction in gameplay, not to mention that you consider the module damage a 120mm vs a 155mm does to be the same (no difference, really ?).

I'll make the calculations easy for you, i'll give you a general formula.

Foch B has 6 rounds of 400 alpha; it unloads in 0+(n-1)x2, where n is the number of shells in the clip, and 2 is the intraclip reload, which gives you 10s flat to fully unload.

Foch 155 has 3 rounds of 750 alpha; it unloads in 0+(2)x5=10s, which again is the same.

The difference in DPM between them comes from the fact that the Foch 155 reloads the enire clip in +10-12s.

However, i will argue that the DPM debate between these 2 tanks is borderline pointless, as they are ambush tanks, designed find a favorable situation and quickly unload, which is where the Foch B suffers ... it's intraclip reload is slightly too fast to reaim, you need to aim for like 2-2.5s after each shot, and 257/325mm of pen kinda sucks.

Anyway, if you reply to this post, leave deconstructionism at home ... it's a rotten useless idea of argument, used by ppl who generally do not contribute much to a society ... like lawyers, politicians and journalists.

Edited by VarzA, 30 May 2019 - 08:46 PM.

BravelyRanAway #4497 Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:46 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24300 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostKanonenVogel19, on 30 May 2019 - 07:44 PM, said:

I've already slept 4-5-6 hours I can't fall asleep again.

I've always been like that too....both a blessing and a curse.(if you know what I mean)

nagje #4498 Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:51 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21877 battles

View PostElhazzared, on 30 May 2019 - 07:57 PM, said:

Following up by 2 offers a day for a 12 hour period. This means that people that work do not get to see them both, at best they see one.

So the conclusion is the same as with most of what wargamming does. Good idea but the worst possible implementation rendering the whole efforth worthless to the point that it was better to not having done it at all!

Fully agree with you there.

Implementation was terrible. Why no offers available in the european evening? At that time more people are online, including those that work and actually have money to pay for tanks.

Liqvi_ #4499 Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27450 battles
  • [GIFTD] GIFTD

I am always very critical, and imo rightfully so, but credit where credit is due. This was a nice event for all players. They made grown up man waking up few hours before work just to check the shop.

Leaked list ruined experience for me a bit, but nevertheless. 

Also, twitch loot this month is looking very nice.

Hopefully this year can be a turn point 

__Eric__ #4500 Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34165 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDarkFalcon357, on 30 May 2019 - 07:38 PM, said:

I have one major issue with this - I have a full time job and a young child, I play this game for fun as a relaxation. I haven't been able to get online at any time where I have been able to get any offers that I didn't already have... I would love to have spent gold and or credits but was simply unable to do more than look at offers that had already run out....

Thanks WG - great idea, flawed execution imo

Perhaps it was flawed for you, and lots with you because of the time the BM started.

But for me, and lots with me, it was just at the right time. BM started for me just before I leave for work and in the evening just before dinner.

But they can't please everybody. This time I was lucky to got the tanks I want. Perhaps you are lucky next time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users