Jump to content


Gold Type 59G is out!


  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

friedeggnchips #1 Posted 24 May 2019 - 05:09 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 2572 battles
  • 255
  • [BRIT6] BRIT6
  • Member since:
    11-30-2012
Spoiler

 

Okay, so 10,000 gold more than everyone predicted... Well I'm sure it isnt that much...

I was looking at the WG shop to see if I could get some gold, but low and behold the site crashed. Probably due to the extreme influx of traffic. (I wonder why)

 

Lets do some quick math:

 

All of the Type 59s sold out in 3 minutes, 30 seconds. 

Each Type 59 is 25,000 gold.

there were 1000 up for grabs.

 

25,000 x 1000 = 25000000 gold all together.

 

25000000 would cost around £71600, or €83500.

 

So WG just earned more or less 70,000 quid in about 3 minutes. I have to say, that is impressive.



DeadLecter #2 Posted 24 May 2019 - 05:19 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 32223 battles
  • 1,752
  • Member since:
    05-28-2016

And the scariest part is all they had to do was just add a special style. 

Due to FL and X-mass loot boxes people have tons of gold and credits. They have to be spent so they start buying premium time and gold again. Other than this I can't think of any other reason why WG would do this.


Edited by DeadLecter, 24 May 2019 - 05:21 PM.


Only_Slightly_Bent #3 Posted 24 May 2019 - 05:19 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 26482 battles
  • 831
  • [O_S_B] O_S_B
  • Member since:
    11-04-2010
Don't forget all of us who have shed-loads of gold left over from xmas loot boxes, I finally had something to spend it on...

Sfinski #4 Posted 24 May 2019 - 05:23 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 36513 battles
  • 3,428
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
  • Member since:
    09-26-2013
And doesnt make extra credits. Baited.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 24 May 2019 - 05:24 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 72874 battles
  • 20,713
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

I saw the price and instantly thought "hell no". Not worth it. But... finally something for those that got 25K gold via Xmas crates they have yet to spend I guess. But I am surpriced with the quantity. 1K is not much. So it will be as rare as the SU-76i.... unless it appears again.

 

Now I'm hoping for the US King Tiger too.

 

 

View PostSfinski, on 24 May 2019 - 05:23 PM, said:

And doesnt make extra credits. Baited.

 

Kidding? It's a special tank? For 25K. Then I'm glad I did not "rush" to buy the gold for it.


Edited by Balc0ra, 24 May 2019 - 05:25 PM.


NekoPuffer_PPP #6 Posted 24 May 2019 - 05:31 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 34201 battles
  • 3,992
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013
I can't believe it sold out in 3 minutes. :ohmy: Holy cow!

Voen_Sveta #7 Posted 24 May 2019 - 05:37 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 47918 battles
  • 458
  • Member since:
    11-06-2015

View Postfriedeggnchips, on 24 May 2019 - 05:09 PM, said:

Spoiler

 

Okay, so 10,000 gold more than everyone predicted... Well I'm sure it isnt that much...

I was looking at the WG shop to see if I could get some gold, but low and behold the site crashed. Probably due to the extreme influx of traffic. (I wonder why)

 

Lets do some quick math:

 

All of the Type 59s sold out in 3 minutes, 30 seconds. 

Each Type 59 is 25,000 gold.

there were 1000 up for grabs.

 

25,000 x 1000 = 25000000 gold all together.

 

25000000 would cost around £71600, or €83500.

 

So WG just earned more or less 70,000 quid in about 3 minutes. I have to say, that is impressive.

 

dont forget about those who rushed to premium shop, purchased 25k gold, and returned to black market when t59 was already sold out))) 

there are LOT of them, whining about lags in shop and not knowing what to do now with 25k gold))



7thSyndicate #8 Posted 24 May 2019 - 05:41 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 46932 battles
  • 690
  • Member since:
    10-09-2012

View PostVoen_Sveta, on 24 May 2019 - 04:37 PM, said:

 

dont forget about those who rushed to premium shop, purchased 25k gold, and returned to black market when t59 was already sold out))) 

there are LOT of them, whining about lags in shop and not knowing what to do now with 25k gold))

 

Rofl indeed, all that for a outdated med with a trash skin 

Posted Image


Edited by 7thSyndicate, 24 May 2019 - 05:42 PM.


Stevies_Team #9 Posted 24 May 2019 - 05:55 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 12596 battles
  • 1,239
  • Member since:
    07-14-2016
There will be a golden Lorr 155/51 in the shop for 25000 gold tomorrow at 5am

WarPig996 #10 Posted 24 May 2019 - 06:06 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18434 battles
  • 200
  • [VO1D] VO1D
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
Ohh how I laughed, I nearly took the bait, looking forward to banging a few of these with my nearly fully kitted out Centurion 7/1.... ohh how I'm lovin' that 105mm barrel!!! :justwait:

SlyMeerkat #11 Posted 24 May 2019 - 06:09 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 18541 battles
  • 3,164
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-
  • Member since:
    01-29-2013
Seeming it ran out of stock so fast, i wonder if they would bring it back up again one last time before the Black Market ends?, they be silly not to i think.

Balc0ra #12 Posted 24 May 2019 - 07:49 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 72874 battles
  • 20,713
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostSlyMeerkat, on 24 May 2019 - 06:09 PM, said:

Seeming it ran out of stock so fast, i wonder if they would bring it back up again one last time before the Black Market ends?, they be silly not to i think.

 

Considering it was only a 1000 of them this time. I would be surprised if they don't do it. 

Laatikkomafia #13 Posted 24 May 2019 - 08:02 PM

    Major General

  • Beta Tester
  • 23265 battles
  • 5,091
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    12-27-2010

 

My JgPz E100 Crayon G cost me nothing. :P



friedeggnchips #14 Posted 24 May 2019 - 08:17 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 2572 battles
  • 255
  • [BRIT6] BRIT6
  • Member since:
    11-30-2012

View PostLaatikkomafia, on 24 May 2019 - 07:02 PM, said:

 

My JgPz E100 Crayon G cost me nothing. :P

 

View PostLaatikkomafia, on 24 May 2019 - 07:02 PM, said:

 

My JgPz E100 Crayon G cost me nothing. :P

 

Apart from your dignity, of course.

Laatikkomafia #15 Posted 24 May 2019 - 08:23 PM

    Major General

  • Beta Tester
  • 23265 battles
  • 5,091
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    12-27-2010

View Postfriedeggnchips, on 24 May 2019 - 09:17 PM, said:

 

 

Apart from your dignity, of course.

 

There is nothing more manly than a yellow JgPz E100. :izmena:




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users