Jump to content


Using deception when playing.

gameplay deception

  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Runes_Of_Ragnarok #1 Posted 25 May 2019 - 12:02 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 9613 battles
  • 38
  • Member since:
    08-27-2015

Hello fellow WoT players :)

 

I was reading an article on Wikipedia about military deception (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_deception) and it reminded me a tactic I use to deceive opponents:

When playing my Kranvagn and unloading the magazine, I still stay over the rigde going back and forth, mimicking aiming, to make my opponents believe that I still have one or more shell. And surprisingly, it works more often than not, and it saved my skin (or rather my HP) several times when outnumbered.

This tactic also works with Emil II and Emil I to some extent.

 

This is why i wanted to ask if you have such kind of tactics, in a particular tank or not, to deceive your opponents?



r00barb #2 Posted 25 May 2019 - 12:09 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 26706 battles
  • 10,807
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

I lull them into thinking I haven't got a clue what I'm doing and then I punish them hard. :playing:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I've perfected the first part, I'm still working on the other bit. :unsure:



7thSyndicate #3 Posted 25 May 2019 - 12:14 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 46603 battles
  • 577
  • Member since:
    10-09-2012
I use the tactic kemp in the redline bush behind arty so i can ise it as cover, 200IQ plays

XxKuzkina_MatxX #4 Posted 25 May 2019 - 12:14 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53201 battles
  • 4,301
  • [OBY] OBY
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

If your flank is falling, retreat into your friendly TDs LOS. That will be unpleasant enough for someone chasing you.

 

If you're facing two opponents, use the terrain to break the fire lane to one of them.



Runes_Of_Ragnarok #5 Posted 25 May 2019 - 12:14 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 9613 battles
  • 38
  • Member since:
    08-27-2015

View Postr00barb, on 25 May 2019 - 12:09 AM, said:

I lull them into thinking I haven't got a clue what I'm doing and then I punish them hard. :playing:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I've perfected the first part, I'm still working on the other bit. :unsure:

 

Do you still manage to do this against players using xvm and seeing your stats?
23:17 Added after 2 minutes

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 25 May 2019 - 12:14 AM, said:

If your flank is falling, retreat into your friendly TDs LOS. That will be unpleasant enough for someone chasing you.

 

If you're facing two opponents, use the terrain to break the fire lane to one of them.

 

Very noice. Helps a lot to survive longer

r00barb #6 Posted 25 May 2019 - 12:17 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 26706 battles
  • 10,807
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostRunes_Of_Ragnarok, on 24 May 2019 - 11:14 PM, said:

Do you still manage to do this against players using xvm and seeing your stats?

 

Stats mean nothing, they come free with every premium purchase. 



XxKuzkina_MatxX #7 Posted 25 May 2019 - 12:21 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53201 battles
  • 4,301
  • [OBY] OBY
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View Postr00barb, on 25 May 2019 - 03:17 AM, said:

 

Stats mean nothing, they come free with every premium purchase. 

 

Is that you Strappy, come closer to the light please? :)

KillingJoker #8 Posted 25 May 2019 - 12:23 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 38917 battles
  • 1,777
  • Member since:
    09-07-2015

thats something i do with the Emil 1 as well...

 

once i was vs 3 on a ridge, completely alone without support, i managed to kill them, and i reloaded 2 times...

how i did this you wonder? basically i never shot the full clip, i basically shot twice, but never by burst, only one here and other there...

to never give them the idea i was reloading, and then while i would reload, i would continue aiming and going to make them believe i was going shot them...   this way they would fear me... otherwise if i just shot them 3 times then they would jump me...



Runes_Of_Ragnarok #9 Posted 25 May 2019 - 12:28 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 9613 battles
  • 38
  • Member since:
    08-27-2015

View Postr00barb, on 25 May 2019 - 12:17 AM, said:

 

Stats mean nothing, they come free with every premium purchase. 

 

Oooh I made a big mistake. Let me reformulate my question:

Seeing your 25K battles and 1300 WN8, which is a indicator you're quite an exerienced player, do xvm users fall for your baits?

23:30 Added after 2 minutes

View PostKillingJoker, on 25 May 2019 - 12:23 AM, said:

thats something i do with the Emil 1 as well...

 

once i was vs 3 on a ridge, completely alone without support, i managed to kill them, and i reloaded 2 times...

how i did this you wonder? basically i never shot the full clip, i basically shot twice, but never by burst, only one here and other there...

to never give them the idea i was reloading, and then while i would reload, i would continue aiming and going to make them believe i was going shot them...   this way they would fear me... otherwise if i just shot them 3 times then they would jump me...

 

Thats something I never even considered! Coupled with the technique I use it can be very deadly

r00barb #10 Posted 25 May 2019 - 12:52 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 26706 battles
  • 10,807
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 24 May 2019 - 11:21 PM, said:

Is that you Strappy, come closer to the light please?

 

It is indeed, I fancied a change. :)

 

 

View PostRunes_Of_Ragnarok, on 24 May 2019 - 11:28 PM, said:

Oooh I made a big mistake. Let me reformulate my question:

Seeing your 25K battles and 1300 WN8, which is a indicator you're quite an exerienced player, do xvm users fall for your baits?

 

I have no way of knowing who's using XVM and even less inclination to care what they think. If someone is making judgements based on some numbers that are easily padded, they're already doing the work for me.



Bracciano_gatto #11 Posted 25 May 2019 - 05:33 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 2848 battles
  • 394
  • Member since:
    09-07-2018
When a target in behind cover, I will fire in front or behind it; sometimes the target will react and move just enough to expose some tracks and bam !!!

Suurpolskija #12 Posted 25 May 2019 - 05:56 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 22815 battles
  • 2,194
  • [KANKI] KANKI
  • Member since:
    01-26-2016

When playing big alpha guns and after fluffing a shot when enemy pursues to punish me, I might start going back at them and look like I'm already reloaded and ready to shoot. 

 

Sometimes works. 



Truntea #13 Posted 25 May 2019 - 07:09 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 1266 battles
  • 96
  • Member since:
    04-20-2015

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 25 May 2019 - 12:14 AM, said:

If your flank is falling, retreat into your friendly TDs LOS. That will be unpleasant enough for someone chasing you.

 

If you're facing two opponents, use the terrain to break the fire lane to one of them.

 

Or use one as cover from the other one, works quite nicely most of the time... if you identify the stupid one there doesn't move. :P

XxKuzkina_MatxX #14 Posted 25 May 2019 - 07:41 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53201 battles
  • 4,301
  • [OBY] OBY
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostTruntea, on 25 May 2019 - 10:09 AM, said:

Or use one as cover from the other one, works quite nicely most of the time... if you identify the stupid one there doesn't move.

 

It's usually the "stupid" one that makes a move like this but i don't really call others stupid when they play in a particular way!

Runes_Of_Ragnarok #15 Posted 25 May 2019 - 12:57 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 9613 battles
  • 38
  • Member since:
    08-27-2015

View PostBracciano_gatto, on 25 May 2019 - 05:33 AM, said:

When a target in behind cover, I will fire in front or behind it; sometimes the target will react and move just enough to expose some tracks and bam !!!

 

Better play that tactic with guns with good RoF though :)

View PostSuurpolskija, on 25 May 2019 - 05:56 AM, said:

When playing big alpha guns and after fluffing a shot when enemy pursues to punish me, I might start going back at them and look like I'm already reloaded and ready to shoot. 

 

Sometimes works. 

 

I do it sometimes too! Its funny to see confused people starting to really think about whether whasing you or not is actually a good idea!

Luitenant_Lamlul #16 Posted 25 May 2019 - 01:42 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 46100 battles
  • 57
  • [TKNZ] TKNZ
  • Member since:
    09-29-2013
When you know arty (and only arty) has you in its crosshairs, stand still (or drive in a perfectly straight line) for a few seconds so arty will think it gets an easy target, then start evasive maneuvers again.

mpf1959 #17 Posted 25 May 2019 - 02:16 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24966 battles
  • 1,268
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-29-2017

View Postr00barb, on 25 May 2019 - 12:09 AM, said:

I lull them into thinking I haven't got a clue what I'm doing and then I punish them hard. :playing:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I've perfected the first part, I'm still working on the other bit. :unsure:

 

Copycat! :teethhappy:

250swb #18 Posted 25 May 2019 - 04:21 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 23230 battles
  • 5,569
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-23-2015

View PostRunes_Of_Ragnarok, on 24 May 2019 - 11:02 PM, said:

 

When playing my Kranvagn and unloading the magazine, I still stay over the rigde going back and forth, mimicking aiming, to make my opponents believe that I still have one or more shell. And surprisingly, it works more often than not, and it saved my skin (or rather my HP) several times when outnumbered.

 

 

You do realise that even your most stupid opponents have enough fingers to count how many shells a Kranvagn has fired?



PhooBar #19 Posted 25 May 2019 - 04:38 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 20192 battles
  • 2,435
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-22-2013

View PostLuitenant_Lamlul, on 25 May 2019 - 01:42 PM, said:

When you know arty (and only arty) has you in its crosshairs, stand still (or drive in a perfectly straight line) for a few seconds so arty will think it gets an easy target, then start evasive maneuvers again.

 

No matter how many times you tell them, only 0.001% seem to understand this simple tactic.  The rest would rather drive straight, stand still, die and whine about it.

BlackBloodBandit #20 Posted 25 May 2019 - 04:48 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 5509 battles
  • 663
  • Member since:
    12-23-2018

View Post250swb, on 25 May 2019 - 04:21 PM, said:

You do realise that even your most stupid opponents have enough fingers to count how many shells a Kranvagn has fired?

You'll be surprised how dumb players with 40k battles etc still can be.. and don't count.

 

Sometimes it's useful to reload before shooting the last round in the clip. If there are enough allies around, they won't dare to push on you. I always use this tactic and also the one mentioned before: acting like you still are ready to shoot. Also they need to know what gun you are using, as for example, the first gun on the tank might do 240 damage, but the top gun 300. This can work as pressure when playing a tank without the top gun.







Also tagged with gameplay, deception

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users