Jump to content


Black market - result of broken WG economy?


  • Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

hansvonb #1 Posted 25 May 2019 - 08:22 AM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 62493 battles
  • 146
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-07-2010

Is it a desperate move from WG to suck out mountains of gold and credits which lots of players have being stacking up for months?

 

Obviously the flood of gold through generosity (mountains of cash poured in) of christmas loot boxes and credits of FL.

 

 



BravelyRanAway #2 Posted 25 May 2019 - 08:25 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 24334 battles
  • 11,851
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010
It takes two to tango.

4nt #3 Posted 25 May 2019 - 08:27 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29271 battles
  • 1,593
  • Member since:
    04-09-2013

Certainly, with such a ploy WG literally forces people to shovel out all the savings! ALL OF THEM! And when they're gone, they force people to sell their tanks too to afford these prices! And no-one who bought gold to try for the 59G cannot even open a ticket for refunds! It's truly end of the world (of tanks) !

 

/Sarcasm off


Edited by 4nt, 25 May 2019 - 09:03 AM.


shikaka9 #4 Posted 25 May 2019 - 08:38 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 70675 battles
  • 970
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
  • Member since:
    02-27-2013
so what you bought?

eekeeboo #5 Posted 25 May 2019 - 08:54 AM

    EU Video Content Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 47047 battles
  • 2,490
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010

View Post4nt, on 25 May 2019 - 07:27 AM, said:

Certainly, with such a ploy WG literally forces people to shovel out all the savings! ALL OF THEM! And when they're gone, they force people to sell their tanks too to afford these prices! And no-one who bought gold to try for the 59G cannot even open a ticket for refunds! It's truly end of the world (of tanks#

 

The ticket system is working, please avoid spreading misinformation. 

 

This is an event format not tried before, feel free to provide feedback that you do not like it, but it is also not the end of world of tanks. 



Maschinenkanone #6 Posted 25 May 2019 - 08:54 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 44901 battles
  • 420
  • [MBEV] MBEV
  • Member since:
    05-17-2012
Is there a problem with this event? I dont think so. It's designed as a (harsh) limited offer event, both in time and quantity. It does what it is suppose to do.  Whether one like these kind of marketing is a different question.

Edited by Maschinenkanone, 25 May 2019 - 08:59 AM.


4nt #7 Posted 25 May 2019 - 09:00 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29271 battles
  • 1,593
  • Member since:
    04-09-2013

View Posteekeeboo, on 25 May 2019 - 08:54 AM, said:

 

The ticket system is working, please avoid spreading misinformation. 

 

This is an event format not tried before, feel free to provide feedback that you do not like it, but it is also not the end of world of tanks. 

Eek, you might have missed something in the bottom of my post.

 

I know quite well that the ticket system works when worded with passable english and rational language. 



Dava_117 #8 Posted 25 May 2019 - 09:01 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 22512 battles
  • 4,968
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View Post4nt, on 25 May 2019 - 08:27 AM, said:

Certainly, with such a ploy WG literally forces people to shovel out all the savings! ALL OF THEM! And when they're gone, they force people to sell their tanks too to afford these prices! And no-one who bought gold to try for the 59G cannot even open a ticket for refunds! It's truly end of the world (of tanks#!














/S

 

I wouldn't say WG force player to spend all the savings.

I bought the Blackdog, as it's a good LT and I needed one, but know I probably won't buy anything else except if a KV-5 shows up. 

No one force you to buy.



4nt #9 Posted 25 May 2019 - 09:02 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29271 battles
  • 1,593
  • Member since:
    04-09-2013

View PostDava_117, on 25 May 2019 - 09:01 AM, said:

 

I wouldn't say WG force player to spend all the savings.

I bought the Blackdog, as it's a good LT and I needed one, but know I probably won't buy anything else except if a KV-5 shows up. 

No one force you to buy.

Sigh. Doesn't anyone really get what /s means? Fine, I'll edit for clarity.



Dava_117 #10 Posted 25 May 2019 - 09:04 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 22512 battles
  • 4,968
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View Post4nt, on 25 May 2019 - 09:02 AM, said:

Sigh. Doesn't anyone really get what /s means? Fine, I'll edit for clarity.

 

Ah, missed that that "/S" meant sarcasm.



4nt #11 Posted 25 May 2019 - 09:08 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29271 battles
  • 1,593
  • Member since:
    04-09-2013

View PostDava_117, on 25 May 2019 - 09:04 AM, said:

 

Ah, missed that that "/S" meant sarcasm.

Yep. I tend to avoid sarcasm online because, well, what happened here... But OP really tickled my fancy by complaining about okay event and then drawing it into most ridiculous conclusion that could be drawn. 

 

I know I know, we get these equally or even more ridiculous threadstarts almost daily, I need little catharsis too sometimes.



Gkirmathal #12 Posted 25 May 2019 - 09:18 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 8602 battles
  • 1,708
  • [2VTD] 2VTD
  • Member since:
    01-14-2013

View Posthansvonb, on 25 May 2019 - 07:22 AM, said:

Is it a desperate move from WG to suck out mountains of gold and credits which lots of players have being stacking up for months?

 

Obviously the flood of gold through generosity (mountains of cash poured in) of christmas loot boxes and credits of FL.

 

 

 

Desperate move, no.

 

But a possible tactical move to deflate the economy, yes.

 

Why? Well think about what WG was also contemplating with the special ammo rebalance: possibly lowering the cost of special ammo to compensate for the lower damage. If the current inflated economy was kept, lowering the cost would not work, same goes for keeping the cost high as is.

 

If I look at this from above, I see a tactical move in this.

To pave the way for the upcoming special ammo rebalance, that includes a lowering of it's cost and this can only be done with healthy results, if the economy get deflates to a certain extend for it to be healthy.

 

 



4nt #13 Posted 25 May 2019 - 09:25 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29271 battles
  • 1,593
  • Member since:
    04-09-2013

View PostGkirmathal, on 25 May 2019 - 09:18 AM, said:

 

Desperate move, no.

 

But a possible tactical move to deflate the economy, yes.

 

Why? Well think about what WG was also contemplating with the special ammo rebalance: possibly lowering the cost of special ammo to compensate for the lower damage. If the current inflated economy was kept, lowering the cost would not work, same goes for keeping the cost high as is.

 

If I look at this from above, I see a tactical move in this.

To pave the way for the upcoming special ammo rebalance, that includes a lowering of it's cost and this can only be done with healthy results, if the economy get deflates to a certain extend for it to be healthy.

 

 

This would be a good point, If not for two points:

 

1. Limited stock. Few thousand vehicles won't do much to cause considerable dent to liquid assets people have garnered from lootboxes and FL.

2. WG explicically stated that no price alteration (or weakspot/armor rebalance) is considered with premium changes.



Suurpolskija #14 Posted 25 May 2019 - 09:43 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 22821 battles
  • 2,211
  • [KANKI] KANKI
  • Member since:
    01-26-2016

Nobody's forcing anyone to do anything. 

 

My view is that people who had all that gold lying around, got something to use it for and I've certainly had some nice use for my credits, even though I didn't buy the Blackdog, I did get the Sexton and FCM which both are tanks I may or may not play every once in a while if I need some crew training or whatnot. 

 

I think this is good. It rewards and motivates people to play more to have more ingame assets and I see this as a better policy than the one where it didn't matter how much you play as long as you pay. 



gunslingerXXX #15 Posted 25 May 2019 - 09:46 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 12794 battles
  • 3,324
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
  • Member since:
    11-16-2014

Its a fun, different and optional. If you don't like it just ignore it.

I really appreciate being able to use my excess credits for premium tanks! Also the gold type 59 is really a nice move, good they limited it to 1000 to keep it special!



Etre_ #16 Posted 25 May 2019 - 09:53 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 60557 battles
  • 1,511
  • [GTD] GTD
  • Member since:
    04-21-2014

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 25 May 2019 - 09:46 AM, said:

Its a fun, different and optional. If you don't like it just ignore it.

I really appreciate being able to use my excess credits for premium tanks! Also the gold type 59 is really a nice move, good they limited it to 1000 to keep it special!

 

An overpriced pimp tank is a good move ... Ok. 

Well, why not sell the Mutant and all the other fantasy tanks, for 100+ euro each if we are at it. [edited]it, lets go all meme. 

Edited by Etre_, 25 May 2019 - 09:54 AM.


NekoPuffer_PPP #17 Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:02 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 34201 battles
  • 3,992
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

An optimistic person's view on this: This event allows players to use their stocked up credits and gold to acquire unique tanks.

 

A pessimistic person's view on this: This event was designed to trick people into pre-buying gold to acquire unique tanks and then not be able to get them.

 

OP, which are you?



WindSplitter1 #18 Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:18 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 18918 battles
  • 3,405
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

View Posteekeeboo, on 25 May 2019 - 07:54 AM, said:

 

The ticket system is working, please avoid spreading misinformation. 

 

This is an event format not tried before, feel free to provide feedback that you do not like it, but it is also not the end of world of tanks. 

 

Feedback: It's a very good event. I absolutely loved the video you guys made. Hope to see WG inovate(?) like this more often in the future.

 

Very well thought.



Luchs_Luthor #19 Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:28 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 22985 battles
  • 134
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    08-19-2014
It's an interesting idea and seems like it can be a bit of fun but is very skewed against players in the UK since the offers drop at 5am/5pm when most people are either still asleep or at work/on the way home. Not sure who decided that those times were a good idea but they would either be an idiot or an asshat.

r00barb #20 Posted 25 May 2019 - 11:09 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 27533 battles
  • 11,108
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostLuchs_Luthor, on 25 May 2019 - 09:28 AM, said:

It's an interesting idea and seems like it can be a bit of fun but is very skewed against players in the UK since the offers drop at 5am/5pm when most people are either still asleep or at work/on the way home. Not sure who decided that those times were a good idea but they would either be an idiot or an asshat.

 

It's another unforeseen consequence of Brexit, damned foreign types choosing times that suit the majority of the EU instead of one insular island off to the side that's still struggling to move on from 1945. :rolleyes:

 

FWIW, I think it's a good promotion but as much as I would have liked a Sexton for gigs and shittles, I'm not getting up at the crack of sparrow's fart to grab one. Shame that there's a limited number but that's how you drive demand.

 





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users