Potential stun not counted

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Sir_Armand #1 Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:31 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20213 battles
  • [FILO2] FILO2
The potential stun is not counted despite the mission information as far as I can tell.
Am I right? 
Can this be fixed?
It is mildly annoying to fail missions because you kill tanks...

Edited by Sir_Armand, 25 May 2019 - 10:46 AM.

Balc0ra #2 Posted 25 May 2019 - 12:42 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 72848 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
What mission are you on then? As most count total potential stuns, even if a medkit is applied 2 seconds in. And if they go for kills, you go for group shots. Best way to do stun missions is to aim between multible tanks, not the one driving alone. And stock guns works wonders for it.

BlackBloodBandit #3 Posted 25 May 2019 - 12:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6296 battles

View PostSir_Armand, on 25 May 2019 - 10:31 AM, said:

The potential stun is not counted despite the mission information as far as I can tell.
Am I right? 
Can this be fixed?

I'm not sure if you think this, but you do NOT get stun counted if you destroy a tank. It only counts when it survives the hit/splash.

WoT_RU_Doing #4 Posted 25 May 2019 - 12:51 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 57826 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View PostSir_Armand, on 25 May 2019 - 09:31 AM, said:

Am I right? 
Can this be fixed?

If you fire a kill shot, it overrides any stun you would have got (if you killed the crew, there was no potential to stun them).

Potential stun refers to the time you stunned them for but ignores eg. first aid kit use.

I don't know how potential stun works with the new mechanic....i.e. if you got 4 seconds of theoretical stun on an already stunned tank and it gets rounded down to zero, does it count as 4s or 0s?

Generally when doing these missions, target higher HP vehicles where possible, and if your team is doing well and you have a low HP target, consider trying not to actually hit it but ti get a close splash. 

BlackBloodBandit #5 Posted 25 May 2019 - 01:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6296 battles

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 25 May 2019 - 12:51 PM, said:

If you fire a kill shot, it overrides any stun you would have got (if you killed the crew, there was no potential to stun them).

Potential stun refers to the time you stunned them for but ignores eg. first aid kit use.

I don't know how potential stun works with the new mechanic....i.e. if you got 4 seconds of theoretical stun on an already stunned tank and it gets rounded down to zero, does it count as 4s or 0s?

Generally when doing these missions, target higher HP vehicles where possible, and if your team is doing well and you have a low HP target, consider trying not to actually hit it but ti get a close splash. 

If a target is already stunned and you stun that tank, I bet that only the stun that the target actually gets is the stun counted.

WoT_RU_Doing #6 Posted 25 May 2019 - 01:20 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 57826 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View PostBlackBloodBandit, on 25 May 2019 - 12:14 PM, said:

If a target is already stunned and you stun that tank, I bet that only the stun that the target actually gets is the stun counted.

I don't recall it working like that when I did the missions, but that was before they altered stun. Back then I'm sure your potential stun counted the time you would have stunned if someone hadn't done so already. Now, in cases where your stun gets rounded to 0 (i.e. ineffective), I'm not sure how that affects the mission.

BlackBloodBandit #7 Posted 25 May 2019 - 01:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6296 battles

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 25 May 2019 - 01:20 PM, said:

I don't recall it working like that when I did the missions, but that was before they altered stun. Back then I'm sure your potential stun counted the time you would have stunned if someone hadn't done so already. Now, in cases where your stun gets rounded to 0 (i.e. ineffective), I'm not sure how that affects the mission.

I doubt you get stun points for stun you did not actually do. That would be weird.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #8 Posted 25 May 2019 - 01:50 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34085 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
Stop trying to kill tanks, just splash near them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users