Feels like WoT is heading in the right direction.

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

hedi2222 #1 Posted 25 May 2019 - 03:28 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32363 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
Disregarding the obvious annoying arty and the overpowered/broken premiums

I personally feel that World Of Tanks is heading in the right direction.
Playing the game has become a much more enjoyable experience in the past 6-7 months. So many new features are making it more interesting and more rewarding. The progression system has become easier and there's always a new mode or fun event around the corner. In addition , the map blacklisting has made my life so much easier.
There's definetely a lot to be refined and fixed , but i feel like things are going in the right direction as of now.

either that or it's because it has gotten so bad that it can only get better

VonniVidiVici #2 Posted 25 May 2019 - 03:36 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38313 battles

View Posthedi2222, on 25 May 2019 - 03:28 PM, said:

:rolleyes:

Robbie_T #3 Posted 25 May 2019 - 03:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19430 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Yes and No

I like the tank marathons.

I like FL is back (although to much)

I like the excluding maps

I dont like the huge boosting this year

I dont like the report system 

Think the random battles are worse the steam rolls have increased (because of boosting)

i dont like the blackmarket.

Edited by Robbie_T, 25 May 2019 - 03:48 PM.

vasilinhorulezz #4 Posted 25 May 2019 - 03:46 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24023 battles
I play a lot less now, and I had fun the last few days I played, maybe for me it was more of I play too much than I play when I actually want to. Still, WG made some good moves to make the game more interesting, and I'm not one of those "WG is ruining the game" guys, I will still criticize a lot of their decisions but not all of them were bad ones. New graphics where awesome, new interesting tank lines, less OP premiums:) and so on.

Ionutz3d #5 Posted 25 May 2019 - 03:50 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 31457 battles
  • [PR0UD] PR0UD
I dont like 90% of players all very low players . Wg should make mm only about stats, players who have some personal decent score should dont meet players very low,  but they dont have so many players like in dota 2 , lol etc and other games who implement this system very early.U cant play with this players.

VonniVidiVici #6 Posted 25 May 2019 - 03:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38313 battles

View PostIonutz3d, on 25 May 2019 - 03:50 PM, said:

I dont like 90% of players all very low players . Wg should make mm only about stats, players who have some personal decent score should dont meet players very low,  but they dont have so many players like in dota 2 , lol etc and other games who implement this system very early.U cant play with this players.

And who do you think is going to fulfill the role of food once all the tomatoes have been segregated? :trollface:

Ionutz3d #7 Posted 25 May 2019 - 04:02 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 31457 battles
  • [PR0UD] PR0UD

View Post1ncompetenc3, on 25 May 2019 - 03:59 PM, said:

And who do you think is going to fulfill the role of food once all the tomatoes have been segregated? :trollface:

You play with players near from ur personal score but never very low they should play at them levels.

Fighto #8 Posted 25 May 2019 - 04:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36818 battles
  • [-CBF-] -CBF-

No its not moving in the right direction at all , its in a mess. The majority of teams are full of 47%ers or less . Full of players that grief and act like utter losers. i know over a dozen 10k personal rating players and none of them are playing , a few came back and left again and a few sold their accounts.  The game is 100% "causal" and once something becomes "causal" it's a death sentence.

If they don't do something about the zero damage/afk brigade then its only going to get worse and bye bye wot 

Edited by Fighto, 25 May 2019 - 04:20 PM.

VonniVidiVici #9 Posted 25 May 2019 - 05:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38313 battles

View PostIonutz3d, on 25 May 2019 - 04:02 PM, said:

You play with players near from ur personal score but never very low they should play at them levels.

I don't think you understand the point. The closer you are to average performance (which is still goddamn atrocious) the more you rely on being matched with bad players to not become a tomato yourself. Do you really think you're going to have better games if everyone you play against is of equal or higher skill? Because you'd be in for a pretty rude awakening.

WojtekTheBear #10 Posted 25 May 2019 - 06:34 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 28729 battles

View PostIonutz3d, on 25 May 2019 - 04:02 PM, said:

Unless they introduce leagues (something like ranked battles, but permanent) where you can advance in according to your skill, they are facing an impossible task.
How will you determine, who is a good player and who is a bad player? If you match perfectly according to the skill, you will have all players at 50% WR and doing exactly the same damage (1/15 of the total sum of enemy health pool), because in total everything sums up to the same number, regardless of the skill of the players. How will you then differentiate between a tomato and a unicum? Both will have 50% WR and both will have the same average damage. One will do this damage to another unicum and the other will do this damage to the other tomato. The game will not have a way of differentiating that. Simply basing the MM on player skill is not going to work.

PowJay #11 Posted 25 May 2019 - 06:46 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38579 battles

It's still all so random. My WR has hovered just over 52.5 for ages now. The highest it hit was 52.83 and fell as I performed badly- or not so well- in the higher tiers. I've carried on playing higher tiers for missions and some tanks I do OK in and others- well- not so OK.

I recently took stock of my tanks and started out an experiment to find my best tank by WR and Wn8. Not surprisingly, I was winning more than I was losing. Then it all went totally Pete Tong. Last week I played 10 battles each in five of my very best vehicles and won 24 battles only.

Since then it has been lose, lose, lose, terrible win, lose, meh! win, lose. Let's not lie: I have had some pretty good games- for me- but very little that has been even close to spectacular. The only one that stands out was a nice carry in the UDES03 last week along with two allies- around 3,000 HP each in damage. I had Top Gun, one had Confederate. It was a good battle.

I've been playing for x5 in vehicles that are not upgraded, and thought I was going to beat my record losing streak of 14 battles it was so bad. And then yesterday it started with the maps. ALL of my least favourite and generally most unpopular maps all afternoon, with very little sight of those I really enjoy playing on. I've blocked Ensk, but I think I'd be up to around seven if it was at all possible. And to top it all, MM seemed to be back to "normal" with almost every battle as bottom tier.

I can't even seem to get a single 1st Class or Ace Tanker in ANYTHING for missions. Not one in an eligible vehicle- even those I have Aced many times.

So today, I had just about had enough. I dropped down to tier III and intended to work my way up the tiers in my favourite vehicles. First battle was great. Pz IC, top on XP 2nd on damage on Mines with 3 kills. Second battle rubbish loss, third battle rubbish loss, fourth battle rubbish win, fifth battle rubbish loss, sixth battle rubbish win, seventh battle meh! eight a draw and ninth an OK win. Not really much fun to be had unfortunately.

Some of these tier III have been used to carry tier V battles with the old MM. My Marder II has had a tier V battle with 11x my own HP in damage. Today I just about managed to get over my own HP in TWO battles.

The game is still very much the same. I had a break from it in April and I think that when the French Premium "marathon" is over, I might have another.

Suurpolskija #12 Posted 25 May 2019 - 06:55 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22615 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

I think they realized that adding to the player frustration is not - in a long run - the correct way to milk money from players. So now they're actually trying to make game more enjoyable and motivate people to play more, have fun and spend that money. 

Strizi #13 Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 41389 battles
As long as there are overpowered tanks (especially in hightiers) like 907, super conqueror, this chieftain thing or whatever and broken tanks like fv tds i dont think the game is going into the right direction. Has it gotten better? Yes but thats not a big achievement when you think how bad the game is atm.

SuedKAT #14 Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:46 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
They have for sure made some moves this year which I approve of, the new MM is for example is a lot better than the old one, however I'm not sure if that makes up for all the horrible decisions that's been made since I started playing the game, but I'm at least looking forward to see where the game is heading, can't say I was doing that mid 2018 as a comparison.

HanZi #15 Posted 26 May 2019 - 09:53 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 47240 battles
  • [-NFD-] -NFD-

View Posthedi2222, on 25 May 2019 - 03:28 PM, said:

Disregarding the obvious annoying arty and the overpowered/broken premiums

I personally feel that World Of Tanks is heading in the right direction.
Playing the game has become a much more enjoyable experience in the past 6-7 months. So many new features are making it more interesting and more rewarding. The progression system has become easier and there's always a new mode or fun event around the corner. In addition , the map blacklisting has made my life so much easier.
There's definetely a lot to be refined and fixed , but i feel like things are going in the right direction as of now.

Yes, if you are an eastern players who doesnt expect fair play and spend all your lunch money on this gold ammo spamming, 2nd rank game.

Thejagdpanther #16 Posted 26 May 2019 - 10:08 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36302 battles
  • [TKBS] TKBS
#sarcasm?

i hope...

ValkyrionX #17 Posted 26 May 2019 - 10:11 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 49986 battles
  • [FOXX] FOXX

finally an intelligent thread.

I fully agree, from what I see playing it seems that finally the wg is undertaking a series of not too bad choices that are positively influencing the game.

I am very appreciative of the fact that players are literally filling up awards of all kinds and especially tanks.
It is possible to win 4 vehicles in the FL mod, a special tank for the ranked, the black market event tanks, the missions of the second campaign  , the new nerf of the arty and above all they are starting to do a work of balancing the tech trees tanks, and the buff to the tanks with pref MM. The awaited nerf to the type 5 and fv4005

The constant work of balancing the maps, plus new maps that are added, but slowly.
And lately the new changes to the MM

if I had to have my say .. I would say that there are some things to do .. for example:

• rebalance all the old premium vehicles without pref MM that are now almost completely obsolete..AMX CDC etc etc
  • give a buff to stug 4 and t28 htc
  • add a special game mode for only tier X as it was in the past for rampage mode
  • add at least 2-3 more maps by the end of the year
  • add a new game mode to random battles ... like capture the flag ect etc
  • add a cooperative game mode against bots, a sort of story mode in co-op with a final prize tank, maybe a historical tank
  • finally give life to this damned bond shop that has been talked about for at least a year and a half
  • finally developing a decent system for the ranked battles
  • re-introduce the ranked battles for tier 8 tanks in 7 vs 7 format
  • insert small monthly missions where you can earn small amounts of gold as they did in the past years
  • increase the reserve stock for premium players to 1 million credits
  • give again the possibility to less strong clans to play CW with tier 6 vehicles
  • introduce another map in rotation for the frontline mode
  • improve grand battles and reduce the number of artys in this mode
  • give players the chance to win the old CW tanks [is5, kv4k and chieftain / t95]
  • new players have no form of protections against seal clubbers at low tier games, the wg must seriously do sometin in this field as soon as possible
  • too many premium tanks, and not just premiums, at lower levels need nerf because they are really too strong and favor seal clubbing
  • must improve and very much the training of the new players and to better explain the dynamics of the game in every area and we must avoid that newly registered players can already play games tier 8 or higher without even having the slightest understanding of the game mechanics
  • we need to completely rework the skills of the crews and the system of advancing skills and their XP system
  • the multithreading processing system has yet to be improved to lighten the workload of our CPUs
  • the graphics engine works really well, I think the wg can make it lighter to decrease GPU processing %
  • the use of disk space of this game must be seriously reduced
  • loading times and account synchronization must be seriously reduced
  • last but not least, it would be nice if there was direct interaction here in the forum between the developers and the players

Edited by ValkyrionX, 26 May 2019 - 10:39 AM.

Ionutz3d #18 Posted 26 May 2019 - 10:13 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 31457 battles
  • [PR0UD] PR0UD

View PostStrizi, on 25 May 2019 - 10:41 PM, said:

As long as there are overpowered tanks (especially in hightiers) like 907, super conqueror, this chieftain thing or whatever and broken tanks like fv tds i dont think the game is going into the right direction. Has it gotten better? Yes but thats not a big achievement when you think how bad the game is atm.

This tanks is like gold for all players. If u dont give them something how they will play at global map? No one will play without good rewaRDS. FVs are not so op , and everyone likes fvs because they can one shot people but they are not op.

Bordhaw #19 Posted 26 May 2019 - 10:38 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13852 battles

View PostValkyrionX, on 26 May 2019 - 09:11 AM, said:

• new players have no form of protections against seal clubbers at low tier games, the wg must seriously do sometin in this field as soon as possible
  • we need to completely rework the skills of the crews and the system of advancing skills and their XP system

Wait for the next patch and the Crew Books 

ValkyrionX #20 Posted 26 May 2019 - 10:41 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 49986 battles
  • [FOXX] FOXX

View PostBordhaw, on 26 May 2019 - 10:38 AM, said:

Wait for the next patch and the Crew Books 

I had seen this new development, we have to wait to see how it will actually be in the game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users