Jump to content


Deserting


  • Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

mcxmcx #1 Posted 25 May 2019 - 06:09 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 27552 battles
  • 31
  • [T-S_K] T-S_K
  • Member since:
    02-05-2012

Hi can anyone think of a positive use of the desert button?

Why is it there and shouldn't it be renamed to - guarantee loss or ruin game for your team



friedeggnchips #2 Posted 25 May 2019 - 06:16 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 2572 battles
  • 255
  • [BRIT6] BRIT6
  • Member since:
    11-30-2012

View Postmcxmcx, on 25 May 2019 - 05:09 PM, said:

Hi can anyone think of a positive use of the desert button?

Why is it there and shouldn't it be renamed to - guarantee loss or ruin game for your team

 

- You are the last person alive in a low HP tank against multiple enemies and you would rather go and earn credits somewhere else.

- You urgently need to go and do some other thing in real life that, because it is in real life, takes precedence over any in-game matter.

 

Also, you get banned for doing it multiple times, that's the punishment. If the punishment was given out to the first desertion, it would essentially be forcing you to play the game instead of whatever the real-life problem is.



The_Naa #3 Posted 25 May 2019 - 06:18 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 8369 battles
  • 1,396
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

View Postmcxmcx, on 25 May 2019 - 06:09 PM, said:

Hi can anyone think of a positive use of the desert button?

Why is it there and shouldn't it be renamed to - guarantee loss or ruin game for your team

 

some players might want to use it if you need to go somewhere in real life.

the oven is on fire, late for work and so on.

 

Edit: darn it, friedeggnchips was faster. GG :honoring:


Edited by The_Naa, 25 May 2019 - 06:19 PM.


mcxmcx #4 Posted 25 May 2019 - 06:23 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 27552 battles
  • 31
  • [T-S_K] T-S_K
  • Member since:
    02-05-2012

View Postfriedeggnchips, on 25 May 2019 - 06:16 PM, said:

 

- You are the last person alive in a low HP tank against multiple enemies and you would rather go and earn credits somewhere else.

- You urgently need to go and do some other thing in real life that, because it is in real life, takes precedence over any in-game matter.

 

Also, you get banned for doing it multiple times, that's the punishment. If the punishment was given out to the first desertion, it would essentially be forcing you to play the game instead of whatever the real-life problem is.

 

Hi thanx for ur reply but itrw stuff happens and u can turn game off or leave the pc

As for bans lol  anyone ever hear of people getting banned for this I guess has never happened nor will they ban paying customers.

 

As u say it seems its there simply to allow tankers to just start a new game if the dont like the look of the mm in their current one.  

 

 


Edited by mcxmcx, 25 May 2019 - 06:24 PM.


WojtekTheBear #5 Posted 25 May 2019 - 06:23 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 28995 battles
  • 125
  • Member since:
    01-28-2016

View Postfriedeggnchips, on 25 May 2019 - 06:16 PM, said:

 

- You are the last person alive in a low HP tank against multiple enemies and you would rather go and earn credits somewhere else.

- You urgently need to go and do some other thing in real life that, because it is in real life, takes precedence over any in-game matter.

 

Also, you get banned for doing it multiple times, that's the punishment. If the punishment was given out to the first desertion, it would essentially be forcing you to play the game instead of whatever the real-life problem is.

 

Ad 2. I hope you don't press desert, close the game, close the computer and only then help your pregnant wife to the hospital.
17:24 Added after 0 minutes
Also you can safely jettison from the game if you are on your side, which is quite reasonable if you ask me.

Edited by WojtekTheBear, 25 May 2019 - 06:24 PM.


Suurpolskija #6 Posted 25 May 2019 - 06:29 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 22821 battles
  • 2,211
  • [KANKI] KANKI
  • Member since:
    01-26-2016
When you have IRL business to attend to. 

r00barb #7 Posted 25 May 2019 - 06:31 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 27533 battles
  • 11,108
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015
I thought this was about a dessert button and got excited for a moment. :(

friedeggnchips #8 Posted 25 May 2019 - 06:31 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 2572 battles
  • 255
  • [BRIT6] BRIT6
  • Member since:
    11-30-2012

View Postmcxmcx, on 25 May 2019 - 05:23 PM, said:

 

Hi thanx for ur reply but itrw stuff happens and u can turn game off or leave the pc

As for bans lol  anyone ever hear of people getting banned for this I guess has never happened nor will they ban paying customers.

 

As u say it seems its there simply to allow tankers to just start a new game if the dont like the look of the mm in their current one.  

 

 

 

Turning off your PC or leaving yourself in the game is exactly the same thing as deserting...

 

Yes, people do get banned for this. I was given a warning when I first started playing this game because I used to leave if I got bored. I was running a premium account when that happened, so yes, funnily enough the conspiracy that paying customers do not get banned is completely false. 

 

Like I said, if someone leaves before the game is up multiple times, they will get banned, so no, its not a mechanic to allow them to play a better game, its there to allow players to leave once or twice every so often.



4nt #9 Posted 25 May 2019 - 06:34 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29271 battles
  • 1,593
  • Member since:
    04-09-2013
Alt f4 is quicker... Last time used when kid got her kneecap dislocated

mateyflip #10 Posted 25 May 2019 - 06:35 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 36335 battles
  • 450
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011

OP - how about if your baby/ young wakes or the property on fire.

 

Those seem pretty good reasons to leave a match early.



r00barb #11 Posted 25 May 2019 - 06:36 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 27533 battles
  • 11,108
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View Post4nt, on 25 May 2019 - 05:34 PM, said:

Alt f4 is quicker... Last time used when kid got her kneecap dislocated

 

Crumbs, WG really are harsh with the punishments for ALT-F4 :ohmy:

Nishi_Kinuyo #12 Posted 25 May 2019 - 06:36 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 9081 battles
  • 6,271
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

View Postmcxmcx, on 25 May 2019 - 06:09 PM, said:

Hi can anyone think of a positive use of the desert button?

Why is it there and shouldn't it be renamed to - guarantee loss or ruin game for your team

Oh! I can think of one.

Doing it enough will get you banned.

17:38 Added after 1 minute

View Postfriedeggnchips, on 25 May 2019 - 06:16 PM, said:

 

- You are the last person alive in a low HP tank against multiple enemies and you would rather go and earn credits somewhere else.

- You urgently need to go and do some other thing in real life that, because it is in real life, takes precedence over any in-game matter.

1: Even then it would be better to totsugeki and go out with a bang. Tennoheika banzai and all that.

2: I'd say that going afk would be preferable then unless the PC/laptop absolutely has to be shutdown immediately.



Shad0wize #13 Posted 25 May 2019 - 06:38 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 12647 battles
  • 340
  • Member since:
    03-12-2014

The desert button serves no functionality other than removing your credits and xp if you go back to your garage before you fully die, it's basically a pester as it cannot circumvent players from simply just using alt+f4 or ending the game via task manager.

 

At best, it serves as a deterrent for the player to actually play this game and makes other players simply suicide in instead of just exiting on the spot where they can still serve some use by spotting tanks or being a distraction for the enemies.

 

Said in-game 'feature' serves the same purpose as the general chat, which is none. It does nothing to help the games and will only make players reach for other games in which they could just attend to their real life problems instead of having to go through an annoying process that also disowns them from whatever they did in said game.

It's on par with the new Exit game functionality which also asks you if you are sure, now I have to alt tab to close the game since the developers considered adding a question would be a great idea. Along with adds in all battle results for premium tanks which made me download a mod that will just upload my replays and get my session statistics elsewhere whilst automatically closing any popup windows from the game.

 

Because you know, why not do obsolete and annoying stuff for the players instead of, I don't know, improving the game or something other ludicrous taught.



VonniVidiVici #14 Posted 25 May 2019 - 06:43 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 38759 battles
  • 12,519
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013
Click high tier tank, click battle, see Mines, nope the hell out of there. Not that I do this often but sometimes I just can't be bothered to [edited]around on a map I despise.

WojtekTheBear #15 Posted 25 May 2019 - 07:13 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 28995 battles
  • 125
  • Member since:
    01-28-2016

View PostShad0wize, on 25 May 2019 - 06:38 PM, said:

The desert button serves no functionality other than removing your credits and xp if you go back to your garage before you fully die, it's basically a pester as it cannot circumvent players from simply just using alt+f4 or ending the game via task manager.

 

At best, it serves as a deterrent for the player to actually play this game and makes other players simply suicide in instead of just exiting on the spot where they can still serve some use by spotting tanks or being a distraction for the enemies.

 

Said in-game 'feature' serves the same purpose as the general chat, which is none. It does nothing to help the games and will only make players reach for other games in which they could just attend to their real life problems instead of having to go through an annoying process that also disowns them from whatever they did in said game.

It's on par with the new Exit game functionality which also asks you if you are sure, now I have to alt tab to close the game since the developers considered adding a question would be a great idea. Along with adds in all battle results for premium tanks which made me download a mod that will just upload my replays and get my session statistics elsewhere whilst automatically closing any popup windows from the game.

 

Because you know, why not do obsolete and annoying stuff for the players instead of, I don't know, improving the game or something other ludicrous taught.

 

But if you Alt+F4 from the game, it will take you a much longer time to start another battle. Probably much longer than staying in the battle until the end. By providing 0 credits and xp and also warning about potential ban, you persuade players not to leave battles earlier. Of course you can still kill yourself, but it does serve some purpose.

4nt #16 Posted 25 May 2019 - 07:20 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29271 battles
  • 1,593
  • Member since:
    04-09-2013

View PostWojtekTheBear, on 25 May 2019 - 07:13 PM, said:

 

But if you Alt+F4 from the game, it will take you a much longer time to start another battle. Probably much longer than staying in the battle until the end. By providing 0 credits and xp and also warning about potential ban, you persuade players not to leave battles earlier. Of course you can still kill yourself, but it does serve some purpose.

At the point you consider deserting situation IRL usually doesn't warrant a thought how long it takes for you to get back into game... Suiciders are pretty much another thing and do not really deserve any thought whatsoever.



m1x_angelico #17 Posted 25 May 2019 - 08:47 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24782 battles
  • 1,255
  • [-VETO] -VETO
  • Member since:
    01-04-2015

I guess it's just an option for people who don't know yet how to suicide fast.



Bigtime_Alarm #18 Posted 25 May 2019 - 08:59 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 21521 battles
  • 534
  • Member since:
    05-14-2013
Why hang around while some cheat shows off his latest hack?

Bordhaw #19 Posted 26 May 2019 - 10:59 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 14894 battles
  • 4,892
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View Postmcxmcx, on 25 May 2019 - 05:09 PM, said:

Hi can anyone think of a positive use of the desert button?

Why is it there and shouldn't it be renamed to - guarantee loss or ruin game for your team

 



Mimos_A #20 Posted 26 May 2019 - 11:29 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 29141 battles
  • 2,407
  • [SPESH] SPESH
  • Member since:
    05-30-2015

View PostBigtime_Alarm, on 25 May 2019 - 08:59 PM, said:

Why hang around while some cheat shows off his latest hack?

 

Same reason people hang around while some 48% scrublord shows his incompetence.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users