Jump to content


Alternative mod suggestions?

Mod modpack qb

  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

CommAce #1 Posted 26 May 2019 - 10:01 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 8195 battles
  • 65
  • [R3BLS] R3BLS
  • Member since:
    02-17-2013

Hi fellow tankers / Forum community,

 

I have a question that I'm hopefull you would be able to help me with.

For a long time I've been using QuickyBaby's modpack, but he's not very quick on updating his modpack (for whatever reason).

I'm looking for an alternative mod or modpack that give's me more or less the same functionallity.

The functionality I find usefull and would like to see in the alternative mod or modpack are:

 

  • Automatic crew return.
  • Automatic equipment return.
  • In game player (XVM)colours - Total number of battle's played, WN8-score and winrate

 

Perhaps these are standard functionality of XVM but I have no clue how to install or set that up properly.

I have tried some other modpacks but these change the UI (both garage and battle) to much for my liking.

I would like to remain us much as possible to the vanilla UI as possible.

If you could suggest and or recommend any alternative mod or modpack that would be highly appriciated.

 

Thanks in advance!!

 

 

 

As a foot note; Besides QB's modpack I also use the following mods:

  • J1mB0's/Grabaah's Contour Icon Mod
  • YasenKrasen Colored Messages [ENG] + session statistics


DaMatz #2 Posted 26 May 2019 - 10:39 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 38916 battles
  • 402
  • [--S--] --S--
  • Member since:
    02-14-2011

Hey there,

 

the core settings of any individual adaptation of XVM are stored in the configuration folder, that's the magic of XVM. Saving the reference to that folder should do the trick. Most other mods then are found in another modpack or directly in this forum to be updated individually.

 

  1. XVM settings are stored in a folder within your game "..\World_of_Tanks\res_mods\configs\xvm". 
  2. XVM settings are saved in a subfolder of "..\World_of_Tanks\res_mods\configs\xvm", e.g. "C:\Programs\World_of_Tanks\res_mods\configs\xvm\Quickybaby".
     
  3. check the folder in 1) for a file called "xvm.xc" and open it with a text editor. As you used QB's pack before, it might contain a reference to 2) like "${"Quickybaby/@xvm.xc":"."}".
  4. Every ModPack overwrites that "xvm.xc" to refer to their own configuration, xvm itself uses it's "default" folder.
  5. I made this xvm.xc file read-only so using another modpack or the original xvm (https://modxvm.com/en/) won't overwrite it. The chosen settings are then maintained. The settings won't be updated either, as long as you don't reinstall the modPack where they came from (or edit them yourself).

 

 

have fun!



ShuraBB #3 Posted 26 May 2019 - 11:09 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 836 battles
  • 891
  • [RU_PP] RU_PP
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014

>Automatic crew return., Automatic equipment return

Mod "Auxilium"

 



CommAce #4 Posted 28 May 2019 - 07:11 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 8195 battles
  • 65
  • [R3BLS] R3BLS
  • Member since:
    02-17-2013

View PostDaMatz, on 26 May 2019 - 10:39 AM, said:

Hey there,

 

the core settings of any individual adaptation of XVM are stored in the configuration folder, that's the magic of XVM. Saving the reference to that folder should do the trick. Most other mods then are found in another modpack or directly in this forum to be updated individually.

 

  1. XVM settings are stored in a folder within your game "..\World_of_Tanks\res_mods\configs\xvm". 
  2. XVM settings are saved in a subfolder of "..\World_of_Tanks\res_mods\configs\xvm", e.g. "C:\Programs\World_of_Tanks\res_mods\configs\xvm\Quickybaby".
     
  3. check the folder in 1) for a file called "xvm.xc" and open it with a text editor. As you used QB's pack before, it might contain a reference to 2) like "${"Quickybaby/@xvm.xc":"."}".
  4. Every ModPack overwrites that "xvm.xc" to refer to their own configuration, xvm itself uses it's "default" folder.
  5. I made this xvm.xc file read-only so using another modpack or the original xvm (https://modxvm.com/en/) won't overwrite it. The chosen settings are then maintained. The settings won't be updated either, as long as you don't reinstall the modPack where they came from (or edit them yourself).

 

 

have fun!

 

Hi DaMatz,

 

Thank you very much for your extensive reply.

:honoring:

Just to confirm I understand this correctly; I install a vanilla version of XVM from the website of XVM, but need to maintain the mentioned "xvm.xc" file from QB's modpack?

Will this give me all the functionality I'm after as mentioned above?

 

The XVM website mentions the following:

"If there is no stable version for the current World of Tanks client on this page, it means work is still in progress."

"Once it is ready, we’ll add it to the table above. This is the one place where you can get the newest official stable builds of XVM."

 

I guess it's best to wait for a stable release? Perhaps this is also the reason QB is holding-off releasing his modpack?

 

View PostShuraBB, on 26 May 2019 - 11:09 AM, said:

>Automatic crew return., Automatic equipment return

Mod "Auxilium"

 

 

Hi ShuraBB,

 

Thank you for your suggestion. Will definitively give this a try! 

:medal:

 

 

Are there any other suggestions for an Alternative mod or modpack?



RaJCeL #5 Posted 28 May 2019 - 07:48 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 25172 battles
  • 1,910
  • Member since:
    10-14-2011

View PostCommAce, on 28 May 2019 - 08:11 AM, said:

(...)

Hey, recently XVM updates to stable versions are taking quite a long time, so that's perhaps why QB is waiting release of his config.

Direct copy of QB config to new version / nightly version without adapting to new config format could fail from time to time as XVM config is changing (new options added, some removed, some changed etc). It is better and secure for game stability to update a config along with the changes.



DaMatz #6 Posted 28 May 2019 - 08:20 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 38916 battles
  • 402
  • [--S--] --S--
  • Member since:
    02-14-2011

View PostCommAce, on 28 May 2019 - 07:11 AM, said:

Just to confirm I understand this correctly; I install a vanilla version of XVM from the website of XVM, but need to maintain the mentioned "xvm.xc" file from QB's modpack?

Will this give me all the functionality I'm after as mentioned above?

 

You'll need the specific configuration files folder you want to use and a xvm.xc referencing this folder. Xvm.xc will be replaced by every modpack / vanilla, the specific configuration files folder only with the appropriate modpack, e.g. QB's configuration files should only update by installing his ModPack, Default files are stored in their own folder. As you update the modpack or vanilla, they only touch die referencing file and their own folder.

 

As long as you don't cleanup the mods folder with every ModPacks installation, you maintain the configuration already installed (and maybe not updated). 

 

 

View PostCommAce, on 28 May 2019 - 07:11 AM, said:

The XVM website mentions the following:

"If there is no stable version for the current World of Tanks client on this page, it means work is still in progress."

"Once it is ready, we’ll add it to the table above. This is the one place where you can get the newest official stable builds of XVM."

 

I guess it's best to wait for a stable release? Perhaps this is also the reason QB is holding-off releasing his modpack?

View PostRaJCeL, on 28 May 2019 - 07:48 AM, said:

Hey, recently XVM updates to stable versions are taking quite a long time, so that's perhaps why QB is waiting release of his config.

Direct copy of QB config to new version / nightly version without adapting to new config format could fail from time to time as XVM config is changing (new options added, some removed, some changed etc). It is better and secure for game stability to update a config along with the changes.

 

Sure, best way is waiting for a stable release. I think that most of the basic features are quite stable even in nightly releases, though it depends on the changes that WG inplemented in a new patch. E.g the recent implemented "xp multiplier button for user selected games" broke (my) XVM for some days until an update was available. My configuration files remained untouched but only a newer XVM could fix it (or playing without mods).

Sometimes the configs need to be updated, as RajCel pointed out.

 

In general there's always a small amount of work that has to be done with every update if you want to stay up to date. Waiting for stable / switching modPack means less (own) work.

 

 



Aleo #7 Posted 28 May 2019 - 02:26 PM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 32184 battles
  • 164
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C
  • Member since:
    12-12-2010
I find Solo's modpack to fit my needs. https://wgmods.net/37/ Its not as big and comprehensive as Aslains, but it offers more choices than QBs. You get a menu where you can select what you want to install, then it will download the items and off you go. He is quite regular on updates, and its stable. 

Zang_FR #8 Posted 28 May 2019 - 02:58 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 22868 battles
  • 830
  • [-TDS] -TDS
  • Member since:
    09-11-2012

@CommAce : here you have 2 files : 

 

* xvm up to date with the config at quickybaby

or

* the pack like  you demand :

 

  • ( xvm up to date with the config at quickybaby )
  • ( with  J1mB0's/Grabaah's Contour Icon Mod )
  • ( with YasenKrasen Colored Messages [ENG] + session statistics )

 

Good game ;)


Edited by Zaraki_Kenpachi_FR, 28 May 2019 - 03:04 PM.


CommAce #9 Posted 30 May 2019 - 10:11 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 8195 battles
  • 65
  • [R3BLS] R3BLS
  • Member since:
    02-17-2013

Hi Guy's, thanks for your suggestions and advise!

Much appriciated

 

 :)



Zang_FR #10 Posted 16 September 2019 - 01:13 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 22868 battles
  • 830
  • [-TDS] -TDS
  • Member since:
    09-11-2012

Updated for 1.6.0.6 ;)

 

MEGA or GitHub


Edited by Zang_FR, 16 September 2019 - 01:17 PM.


Echiron #11 Posted 19 September 2019 - 01:36 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6448 battles
  • 11
  • [RA-AG] RA-AG
  • Member since:
    02-02-2017

(deleted)


Edited by Echiron, 23 September 2019 - 08:04 AM.






Also tagged with Mod, modpack, qb

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users