Are the top tiers arty worth to grind at all after all nerfs?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

DeadlyHugger #1 Posted 26 May 2019 - 11:21 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2286 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Hello there :popcorn:

On the start I ike to say even I don't have much battles on that account on the other one I had about 43 000. I remember Wot from years ago and see how it changes.

I always try to be in the middle between arty haters and supporters and imo SPG's are important part of the game.

On that account I do have M44 which is fun and bought M12. I read the comments, watch videos and looks to me that tier 8-10 SPGS aren't so much fun as before. In all these compilations and best battle we saw great dmg but more often even strongest arty hit for 200-400. RNG which direct shells is naturally another topic with full focused shells landing meters away.

I like to know opinions of the players who own tiers 8-10 SPGS how they behave in battles now, if possible comparing same vehicle now and from serveral months  or years ago. On mine old account I got GW E100 and french tier 8 which tend to be fun but more often dissapointment. I guess now with splash nerf + god knows how many ninja mini nerfs top tiers can be even more anoying.

We all like big damage numbers and even if they happens with arty (arty haters obviously see only those:arta:)  I got the feeling for big bangs is probably better to go f,e for top tier TD's. At least we  can expect more consistent dmg  f.e with Object 704 even if stupid dings happens that arty.

Isn't in actual WoT best idea to stick with low-medium tiers SPG's which always got a good reputation like M44, Hummel etc? It's possible to grind everything in game, but the question is if it's worthy,,,?

I will be greatefull for all opinions

Once again it's not a topic about trolling and I'm not interested about messages arty is a cancer as that will bring nothing contructive to the discussion. Its happens rather often that we're get one shooted by f.e Deathstar, ISU-152 or JgPzE 100 or killed after invisible lights spoted us, but they dont get so much hate. Saying that please be understanding and fair.

Have a great weekend for everybody :P

Shad0wize #2 Posted 26 May 2019 - 12:12 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12647 battles

Nerfs? You mean the buff.

Said tanks are more accurate, fire faster, have a stun mechanic that just rains credits and experience on you, the only drawback would be you don't oneshot as often.

Against tanks with light armour you will not only deal the same amount of damage as you used to, but also stun them. Your in-game stun mechanic hinders the reload, viewrange, everything on an enemy tank. Making them unable to spot and sometimes shoot. Stun an autoloading T57 heavy and suddenly he'll get 12 more seconds added to his reload if he does not have a medkit.

The tier VI American artilleries is one, if not the best non-premium credit earner in the game with the capacity to oneshot lower tier TD's, similar tier TD's, lights and in some cases mediums if it gets a lucky fire or something among those lines.

https://www.youtube....3Dm1b7diM&t=30s - here is me getting 4k damage in my M53/55 and it's just one of the many games like that. If I would use the small gun, it would be even better.

Darth_Clicker #3 Posted 26 May 2019 - 02:48 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 61489 battles
  • [4RCE] 4RCE

In my opinion, the top tier artys are worth the grind.  But, you have to keep in mind that I am a dedicated arty player.  I don't have any tanks in my garage....zero.  So my point of view will definitely not be the same as the average player who only occasionally plays arty.

I like all of the tier X artys, but they are not all my favorites in their respective lines.  For example, the T-92 HMC isn't my favorite American, I like the M43, M44, and M55 more than the T-92.  But, what I feel makes the top tier artys worth grinding is not necessarily the arty itself, it is the quality of the teams at tier X.  I don't enjoy playing lower tier battles at all.  I get to frustrated and end up not having fun or enjoying the battle.   Because arty is a support class and not designed or intended to be the main, solitary force in a battle, I have to basically play the game I am dealt by the other players.  And experienced players tend to deal out less frustrating battles to the arty player.  Higher tier battles normally have the most experienced and most serious players.....normally.

Even taking other players out of the equation, I still think that each of the top tier artys are good in their own way and worth the grind.   There are several artys in the tier 5-10 range that I would definitely skip if I had it to do again, but all of the tier 9-10s are permanent in my garage.  If I were to sell them, the first would be the BC 155 55 and the last would be the GW E100.

jack_timber #4 Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:08 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40279 battles

No top tiers arty can be great fun, ok they may have nerfed the stun somewhat, but you have to have patience, 30 to 40 second reload, and not be tempted to snap shots.

One arty I really enjoy playing is FV304, Bert, it's range is very short but it has the ability to hit behind cover, buildings/rocks. Roll up to a rock or a building for cover and unleash. Damage is low, not unknown to take only 10 hp off a red tank but when you track a tank you can generally keep them detracted and whittle their health down. Give it a try....

DeadlyHugger #5 Posted 03 June 2019 - 04:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2286 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postjack_timber, on 31 May 2019 - 12:08 PM, said:

No top tiers arty can be great fun, ok they may have nerfed the stun somewhat, but you have to have patience, 30 to 40 second reload, and not be tempted to snap shots.

One arty I really enjoy playing is FV304, Bert, it's range is very short but it has the ability to hit behind cover, buildings/rocks. Roll up to a rock or a building for cover and unleash. Damage is low, not unknown to take only 10 hp off a red tank but when you track a tank you can generally keep them detracted and whittle their health down. Give it a try....

Yeaa I got it on my 1st account. Definetly fun - accurate spaming spg with great trajectory. Short range make it more chalenging and push to learn maps better. It's great to play with Bert as a tank destroyer using speed mobility and small size. I rather pass it on that account having M44, simply don't wanan spread to much. originally it supose to be T29 account, later T-34 as well and M44. then Luchs came over, Cromwell wil be soon, my old love T40 and few others. So easy to be tempted to research more vehicles :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users