#fv4005 #grind #update #nerf

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Boso_The_Tank #1 Posted 26 May 2019 - 11:44 AM

Private

• Player
  • 5169 battles

Hello,

I know I will get hate in here, as people seem to have something against this tank, but I will nevertheless still say what I think. 

I started the British line and I am not the best player, but I was willing to learn to get to the fv4005. It found the tank ridiculous. One shot one kill. You might get destroyed instantly after that one shot, but hey, you can still jokingly delete someone by the cost of your life. I grinded my arse off, to get to the point where the game felt so freakingly grindy it was mindblowing.  I go Premium, I got the premium KV2 and the premium Scorpion G to make credits to be able to push foward towards fv4005. 60.000 experience and 6 mil credits away from fv4005 the new update announcement came and said fv4005 will be nerfed. I was annoyed but still, I am already on this so, let's just finish. 

I am now 140 Euro invested into this game. A decent amount of hours played and I feel so frustrated by the game that I am actually thinking to quit. 

I am getting out spotted by everyone. I am getting outgunned by everyone. 30 games into this tank and i am with only one hit of 1400 dmg. And for that i had to shoot a medium tier 8 tank with gold ammo into the side. All other hits are between 360 and 600 dmg. I don't know but this tank is a joke. 

Now, as soon as I shoot I am dead. I can't back down. The forward speed in some situations too low because i had instances where i was nt able to leave the base before getting spotted by lights and getting clobbered by arty. 

All around me are tanks doing persistent 700-800 damage and everybody can pen a fv4005. Be it tier 8 light tank or heavy tank. For a tank with so little armor, it is too slow! I don't know, but, to put so much money into this game to be able to grind to tier x and get a freaking bathtub with no bite is ridiculous. I won't be grinding any more tier x tanks. I will play what I have for a while and leave it all at some point soon.

Sorry but I am very frustrated with the tank and with the way the update has been made. They should have refunded all the credits and experience we used on this grind so that we can go another line. I am just pissed. 

Goddammit!

Richard

Edited by Boso_The_Tank, 26 May 2019 - 11:54 AM.

pallie_the_artillerist #2 Posted 26 May 2019 - 11:45 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20304 battles
  • [JBAIT] JBAIT
The price you pay for being able to oneshot tanks at the highest tier.

Boso_The_Tank #3 Posted 26 May 2019 - 11:49 AM

Private

• Player
  • 5169 battles

View Postpallie_the_artillerist, on 26 May 2019 - 11:45 AM, said:

The price you pay for being able to oneshot tanks at the highest tier.

If you read the post, in 30 games using almost only gold, I was not able to one-shot anything. I shot into the sides. I shot from above. I shot into weak spots. I am taking my time to shoot since I know I will instantly die as soon as I shoot. Still until now I had one 1400 dmg shot. Ridiculous. I know I am not that good, but I am not that bad either. 

Shad0wize #4 Posted 26 May 2019 - 11:57 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12647 battles

Sounds to me like you're not positioning yourself properly when using said tank.

Sure it got nerfed, however the gun has not changed, neither has the viewrange of the vehicle. I do not really know why you've spent 140 E to grind to the tier X British line when you could've done it for free nor am I able to comprehend why you haven't tried the vehicle on the test server, supertest, etc.

I myself have grinded some tanks that initially proved quite troublesome to perform well in, it just took me a bit to adjust. Maybe try some tutorials and don't spend money to rush in to tier X's as a new player? This game has almost 500 tanks in it, all with different armour layouts, weakspots, guns, viewranges, advantages and disadvantages. The learning curve is quite troublesome albeit at tier X you face a limited amount of vehicles and can get experience much easier.

Try watching some tutorials or even average replays or kolobanovs of people playing said tanks. I must stress that outstanding replay results may not be accurate in regards to the teams you're getting. If somebody's doing really well, note down some positions for said map. With a bit of time spent, some research you can simply get a tank like that without spending that sum of money. Instead you could buy gold, premium tanks and retrain a crew with more than a single crewskill for a tier X vehicle.

EDIT: The reason you die is because you're too far forward, when people are greeted with the ungodly sight of the FV4005 their first reaction after getting shot is to eliminate said tank, you are a priority target due to that dangerous gun that denies armour. Their job is to remove you from the game before you can do it again, your job is to position yourself in such a way you can always get away if possible without getting shot for it.

People will always shoot you because they will be able to always penetrate, I get the same treatment in my WT auf pz IV, rhm B and some other glass cannons I'm currently grinding. The reason is simple, if left alive the tank is more than capable to not only change the tide of the game, but also the outcome of the entire battle with a couple of well placed shots that actually hit on target.

Edited by Shad0wize, 26 May 2019 - 12:00 PM.

Suurpolskija #5 Posted 26 May 2019 - 11:57 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 22821 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

FV4005 - The bathtub with no bite. 

Cmon man. First of all, you got 3,3k games. It's perfectly normal you don't succeed in tier X environment yet. 

Secondly, the whole idea of that tank (now) is that it trades literally everything to be able to oneshot same tier tanks, ability which none other tanks in this game have. (at tier X, obviously)

Edited by Suurpolskija, 26 May 2019 - 11:58 AM.

SuNo_TeSLa #6 Posted 26 May 2019 - 12:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 48511 battles
  • [SWEPH] SWEPH
Good riddance, FV4005 is almost as FUBAR as some of the stuff that rains from above :harp:

TheDrownedApe #7 Posted 26 May 2019 - 12:33 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 49553 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

I played one game(1st since nerf) in it on Friday evening. 3.5k damage and 400 assist,  pretty poor game for MoE increases.

But MoE went up 6.76% in that game. So yeah I'm guessing it's generally crap now 

HassenderZerhacker #8 Posted 26 May 2019 - 02:39 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 31030 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View PostBoso_The_Tank, on 26 May 2019 - 11:44 AM, said:

Hello,

I know I will get hate in here, as people seem to have something against this tank, but I will nevertheless still say what I think. 

I started the British line and I am not the best player, but I was willing to learn to get to the fv4005. It found the tank ridiculous. One shot one kill. You might get destroyed instantly after that one shot, but hey, you can still jokingly delete someone by the cost of your life. I grinded my arse off, to get to the point where the game felt so freakingly grindy it was mindblowing.  I go Premium, I got the premium KV2 and the premium Scorpion G to make credits to be able to push foward towards fv4005. 60.000 experience and 6 mil credits away from fv4005 the new update announcement came and said fv4005 will be nerfed. I was annoyed but still, I am already on this so, let's just finish. 

I am now 140 Euro invested into this game. A decent amount of hours played and I feel so frustrated by the game that I am actually thinking to quit. 

I am getting out spotted by everyone. I am getting outgunned by everyone. 30 games into this tank and i am with only one hit of 1400 dmg. And for that i had to shoot a medium tier 8 tank with gold ammo into the side. All other hits are between 360 and 600 dmg. I don't know but this tank is a joke. 

Now, as soon as I shoot I am dead. I can't back down. The forward speed in some situations too low because i had instances where i was nt able to leave the base before getting spotted by lights and getting clobbered by arty. 

All around me are tanks doing persistent 700-800 damage and everybody can pen a fv4005. Be it tier 8 light tank or heavy tank. For a tank with so little armor, it is too slow! I don't know, but, to put so much money into this game to be able to grind to tier x and get a freaking bathtub with no bite is ridiculous. I won't be grinding any more tier x tanks. I will play what I have for a while and leave it all at some point soon.

Sorry but I am very frustrated with the tank and with the way the update has been made. They should have refunded all the credits and experience we used on this grind so that we can go another line. I am just pissed. 

Goddammit!

Richard

that whole line is bushwanker material.

charioteer, conway, and then the FV... they only deserve arty focus.

Edited by HassenderZerhacker, 26 May 2019 - 02:39 PM.

Schepel #9 Posted 26 May 2019 - 03:21 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 65859 battles

View PostTheDrownedApe, on 26 May 2019 - 12:33 PM, said:

I played one game(1st since nerf) in it on Friday evening. 3.5k damage and 400 assist,  pretty poor game for MoE increases.

But MoE went up 6.76% in that game. So yeah I'm guessing it's generally crap now 

It is a pain to play, but it is still quite capable of doing insane amounts of damage. Also, despite everything, it remains plain better than the 183. WG just didn't nerf it right and I actually expect it to get nerfed again. Oh, sorry, I should say: 'rebalanced'. Anyway, playing this thing is like playing pre nerf arty in shotgun mode. 

NUKLEAR_SLUG #10 Posted 26 May 2019 - 03:28 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34085 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
If they can see you you're too close. 

ValkyrionX #11 Posted 26 May 2019 - 03:30 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 52516 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT
rightly so

Moomiss #12 Posted 26 May 2019 - 04:54 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8100 battles
  • [BOF] BOF
sold mine and got a death-star its incredible how much better the death-star is compared to this tank after nerf

maxxal22 #13 Posted 26 May 2019 - 05:32 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 24572 battles
  • [CBAIT] CBAIT
Still kinda like it, but I still want to say it. There are little to no advantages the FV4005 has left over the FV 183, which kinda defeats the whole purpose of this tank (especially with the sale of the 183 yesterday)

maxxal22 #14 Posted 29 May 2019 - 08:37 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 24572 battles
  • [CBAIT] CBAIT

Extra thingie for my post above, outlining the (in my opinion) issues with the FV4005 as it is

Pro 4005 Pro 183
Traverse of the turret Better accuracy
Gun depression Better aim time
Higher HP/t  Gun elevation
Faster hull traverse More HP
  More armour everywhere
  Higher top speed
  Higher reverse speed
  Better camo (still awful)

Stats were pulled right from a normal comparison in-game. I left out the camo stats, as the camo is basically 0 on these things

Edited by maxxal22, 29 May 2019 - 08:52 PM.

Schepel #15 Posted 29 May 2019 - 08:58 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 65859 battles

View Postmaxxal22, on 29 May 2019 - 08:37 PM, said:

Extra thingie for my post above, outlining the (in my opinion) issues with the FV4005 as it is

Pro 4005 Pro 183
  More armour everywhere
  Higher top speed
  Higher reverse speed

Stats were pulled right from a normal comparison in-game. I left out the camo stats, as the camo is basically 0 on these things

You missed a few things.

Front turret vs rear turret. (This alone makes the 4005 vastly superior in almost any scenario, because the 'armour' on the 183 is purely for decorative purposes.)

Height allows the FV4005 to shoot down on tanks and over obstacles.

ExclamationMark #16 Posted 29 May 2019 - 09:01 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16788 battles
  • [IDEAD] IDEAD

as people seem to have something against this tank

Hmm, could it be that it can reliably 1-shot most tanks below it, and remove most of same-tier tanks' HP? Hmm...

They still need to be nerfed, but as usual not in the way WG is doing it. Its' HESH is simply not healthy for the game, never has be, and likely never will be. Remove the HESH, give it HEAT or something with maybe 100 extra damage, and buff it otherwise. 

Yes, that's supposed to be what makes the tank unique. Doesn't excuse it from ruining game balance. 

NekoPuffer_PPP #17 Posted 29 May 2019 - 09:01 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 34123 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View Postmaxxal22, on 29 May 2019 - 08:37 PM, said:

Pro 4005 Pro 183
  More armour everywhere
  Higher top speed
  Higher reverse speed

183's armor is a joke, the accuracy and aim time are abysmal, and its gun depression is the worst aspect of it, making all that sloping on the front of the turret and hull virtually meaningless. It has less gun depression than some russian heavy tanks for god's sake...

Japualtah #18 Posted 29 May 2019 - 10:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31788 battles

No tank should deal above 30% of the opponent's HPs.

Ever.

But that's a design philosophy, feel free to disagree.

If you disagree, enjoy the 'watch the paint dry' meta we have now.

Games with 6+ TDs are particularly fun.

HanZi #19 Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:44 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 47946 battles
  • [-NFD-] -NFD-

Hello,

Goddammit!

Richard

Another joke by WG. hear you. :D

And yes, only "ruski" tanks are favored.

EdvinE20 #20 Posted 30 May 2019 - 09:46 AM

Warrant Officer

• Community Contributor
  • 39828 battles
  • [-AEG-] -AEG-
What makes the Shitbarn broken? The alpha of the HESH shells. So what does WG do? They nerf EVERYTHING apart from the alpha of the HESH shells! :facepalm:

Also tagged with #fv4005, #grind, #update, #nerf

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users