M41 Help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

friedeggnchips #1 Posted 26 May 2019 - 02:56 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2572 battles
  • [BRIT6] BRIT6

Hello, I'm fairly new to light tanks, as is shown by my inability to use them.

Recently I bought the LeKpz Blackdog, in the black market sale. I'd say I bought it for the collector value, but it was more just because I could, so why not.

Problem is, I'm not very good in it, so I was wondering if there are any tips for using it, seeing as I normally play medium/heavy tanks and I am not used to this playstyle.

Thanks.

Pansenmann #2 Posted 26 May 2019 - 02:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36218 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postfriedeggnchips, on 26 May 2019 - 02:56 PM, said:

Hello, I'm fairly new to light tanks, as is shown by my inability to use them.

Recently I bought the LeKpz Blackdog, in the black market sale. I'd say I bought it for the collector value, but it was more just because I could, so why not.

Problem is, I'm not very good in it, so I was wondering if there are any tips for using it, seeing as I normally play medium/heavy tanks and I am not used to this playstyle.

Thanks.

at first you'd want to have an LT crew with at least the 3rd skill in the making

and have something like 6th sense, snap shot, bia, repairs and/or camo

for equipment I personally would take rammer, stabilizer and optics.

then you might want to get comfortable with playing LT at tier 5-6 first.

Edited by Pansenmann, 26 May 2019 - 03:00 PM.

friedeggnchips #3 Posted 26 May 2019 - 03:25 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2572 battles
  • [BRIT6] BRIT6

View PostPansenmann, on 26 May 2019 - 01:59 PM, said:

at first you'd want to have an LT crew with at least the 3rd skill in the making

and have something like 6th sense, snap shot, bia, repairs and/or camo

for equipment I personally would take rammer, stabilizer and optics.

then you might want to get comfortable with playing LT at tier 5-6 first.

I've played a few games in the T-50-2, not many but a few.

The M41 is pretty big though, so it's a lot harder to swerve and not get shot.

As for the equipment, I will try that soon, thanks :)

Stevies_Team #4 Posted 26 May 2019 - 05:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12452 battles

It's one of the hardest tanks to play and sticks up like a thumb as it races along

Will excel in FL though, relocating at 70kph is a doddle

The best advice I can give is watch good scout players in the randoms, they are very ridgeline aware, enemy aware and map aware all at the same time, while shooting you and dodging at the same time

Its the ultimate challenge in multitasking when things get hectic

GL

Balc0ra #5 Posted 26 May 2019 - 05:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 72848 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

That tank has high HE pen. Don't underestimate that shell in a 1 on 1 vs paper targets, or when countering other lights. Or wheeled lights.

But like most agile meds, as that's what you are used to. It's a good bully tank or a support tank in a wolfpack with other meds or lights. So if you can't spot much, find the main med group if there is one. Like when they push the 0 lane on Overlord etc. I suspect like the US M41, it's good in both passive and active. Tho the latter one demands a few crew skills etc on the US M41 at least. But US M41 punishes you hard for a scout mistake. As if you get spotted early, you might die early.

My advice is when you play your meds is to keep any eye out for where you light goes on each map. See where they passive spot etc. As if you don't know where most of the good spots are, the LT role might be tricky. That and ofc there are several YouTubers that have good spotting guides for each map if you search for it. 

NUKLEAR_SLUG #6 Posted 26 May 2019 - 05:14 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34085 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
Unless you at least have a crew with sixth sense don't even bother trying to spot because you'll be dead in no time, hang back a bit and look for opportunities to pop up and jab something.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users