Text Alert For Black Market?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

TungstenHitman #1 Posted 26 May 2019 - 11:22 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 28225 battles
  • [POOLS] POOLS
Is there anyone able to organize something like that whereby if per chance someone happens to work a night shift or is reliably online at that time they can see the offered tank and send a text alert to a registered group letting us know what that tank is so we can open half and eye, glance at it and dismiss it or fall out of bed and buy it? We saw how fast the CaernX disappeared earlier so chances are this will be the same for any future half decent premium on offer and... well, checking what's on offer several hours later is always going to be several hours too late if it turns out to be something decent. Anyone willing and able? 

Karasu_Hidesuke #2 Posted 26 May 2019 - 11:41 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16320 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

If it's anything good (like the CAX) by the time you'd get even close...

.. and if it's something nobody seems to want (like the Alpine Tiger).. it'll still be there.

Edited by Karasu_Hidesuke, 26 May 2019 - 11:43 PM.

LCpl_Jones #3 Posted 27 May 2019 - 12:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12455 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

nah, won't be fast enough. you need to be glued to the screen, prop your eyelids open with match sticks. DO NOT BLINK.

think for 1ms, hit buy or lol exit

you may get it, but it's worked for me so far :teethhappy:

TungstenHitman #4 Posted 27 May 2019 - 12:32 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 28225 battles
  • [POOLS] POOLS

View PostLCpl_Jones, on 26 May 2019 - 11:07 PM, said:

nah, won't be fast enough. you need to be glued to the screen, prop your eyelids open with match sticks. DO NOT BLINK.

think for 1ms, hit buy or lol exit

you may get it, but it's worked for me so far :teethhappy:

Ya you're right tbh, never mind. I thought that in the early hours that there might stand to be a chance but there's probably a hell of a lot sitting station at 4:50 eyes glued just waiting at tbh there's probably only 1 or 2 tanks I'd care to get anyway. If there's something left to buy when I log in, the only reason it's still there is most likely because it's sh*te or for gold so... moving on lol! Neither time particularly suits me tbh.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 27 May 2019 - 05:02 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 70506 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostTungstenHitman, on 27 May 2019 - 12:32 AM, said:

Ya you're right tbh, never mind. I thought that in the early hours that there might stand to be a chance but there's probably a hell of a lot sitting station at 4:50 eyes glued just waiting at tbh there's probably only 1 or 2 tanks I'd care to get anyway. If there's something left to buy when I log in, the only reason it's still there is most likely because it's sh*te or for gold so... moving on lol! Neither time particularly suits me tbh.

There are almost 40K online at 6 AM now daily. Tho most have lasted 20 min still, and not 1 min. Besides the Alpine Tiger that no one bought that is.

ValkyrionX #6 Posted 27 May 2019 - 05:15 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 49986 battles
  • [FOXX] FOXX

View PostBalc0ra, on 27 May 2019 - 05:02 AM, said:

There are almost 40K online at 6 AM now daily. Tho most have lasted 20 min still, and not 1 min. Besides the Alpine Tiger that no one bought that is.

today only 28k at 6am

Balc0ra #7 Posted 27 May 2019 - 05:20 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 70506 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostValkyrionX, on 27 May 2019 - 05:15 AM, said:

today only 28k at 6am

I suspect because most already did see what was for sale by then. As I did :P. As it did yesterday, not even 30 seconds after the Alpine did appear, half the server population had left on the next update.

Arkarthurer #8 Posted 27 May 2019 - 05:51 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10642 battles

View PostValkyrionX, on 27 May 2019 - 05:15 AM, said:

today only 28k at 6am

... only ... I sometimes get up around 5am-5.30am UK time and sometimes play WOT and usually there is around 2,000 to 4,000 online.

Shows how many tankers are keen for a black market deal.

Ark'

undutchable80 #9 Posted 27 May 2019 - 06:53 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 10477 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTungstenHitman, on 26 May 2019 - 11:22 PM, said:

Is there anyone able to organize something like that whereby if per chance someone happens to work a night shift or is reliably online at that time they can see the offered tank and send a text alert to a registered group letting us know what that tank is so we can open half and eye, glance at it and dismiss it or fall out of bed and buy it? We saw how fast the CaernX disappeared earlier so chances are this will be the same for any future half decent premium on offer and... well, checking what's on offer several hours later is always going to be several hours too late if it turns out to be something decent. Anyone willing and able? 

A clanmate and I keep each other informed this way if one (mostly me) is unable to check right at 0600/1800 CEST using WhatsApp. 

Big flaw is the speed at which these things get sold out (with exception of the Alpine Tiger). this morning the hydro sold out in 1 minute and 44 seconds! Dunno how fast you can roll out of bed, open and start up computer, log in and hit "purchase"...?;)

NUKLEAR_SLUG #10 Posted 27 May 2019 - 07:04 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 32793 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
Just stay logged in. Sleep is for the weak!!!

Hedgehog_small_tanks #11 Posted 27 May 2019 - 07:37 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 701 battles
I have a Nokia 'phone.  I set the alarm to 4:53 AM and PM.  Job done.

Cobra6 #12 Posted 27 May 2019 - 07:42 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16505 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

You will have to log in, most good offers go in under 2 minutes.

Cobra 6

TungstenHitman #13 Posted 27 May 2019 - 08:47 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 28225 battles
  • [POOLS] POOLS

Ya that was crazy I didn't think the interest would be to that extent to get ppl out of bed in the early hours, well, it was even earlier here in Ireland, like having to get up at 4:50 a.m. which I did because I'm an idiot but usually get up early anyway. Still, logged in, up popped the tank, a tier5 Panzer Hydro, couldn't believe just how fast it sold out, maybe 2 minutes at most, was more like 1 minute. Point being, forget any notion of a text alert, there just ain't the time to be woken up by it, check it to see what's for sale, decide yes you want it so get up, turn on the pc, log into client and then buy it, no way is that ever gonna happen unless it just happens to be something most don't want but you. The second tank sale of the day is at 5 pm which again, doesn't really suit and unlike the morning sale, I may struggle to make it on time, certainly not going to race across town for a pixel tank like some deranged lunatic lol.

I think maybe some are getting a little too drawn into it buying before they consider though, at least that's what I felt this morning but could be wrong. I nearly got drawn into a knee-jerk buy myself this morning, I certainly had enough time to buy it but the speed at which the available tanks were selling almost triggered me to buy it but then I sat back and said to myself, it's a tier5, it's a pew pew gun, not particularly something I could see myself playing much and it costs more than a tier 10 so I stopped myself and I'm glad I did because I don't actually have zillions of credits. If I had zillions of credits, I definitely would have bought it, probably buy them all but since I don't, I'll just keep things in perspective for myself and only buy a tank I genuinely think I'll enjoy and use since I really only have enough credits for 1 tank. Was nearly the death star, but again, I stopped myself since I sat back, saw how slow it was and I know I hate slow tanks. If I end up with nothing, so be it, no point in me spending most my credits on a tank just "because", but I'm hoping something will pop up I'll like and buy. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users