• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Isharial #61 Posted 27 May 2019 - 06:40 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22618 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postpecopad, on 27 May 2019 - 05:48 PM, said:

You do the other mission with honors and then use it for HT 15 and others...

And I wasn't saying you shouldn't play tier 9, I was suggesting that you shouldn't be playing tier 9 medium tanks, except for grinding purposes.

lol, what? do you even know how to read your own posts? you cant do all other missions just by using orders on them (there's not enough of them to use)... so you *HAVE* to play other tanks as well. you cant just play mediums...

and, do I need to remind you what you actually said?

View Postpecopad, on 27 May 2019 - 04:57 PM, said:

you shouldn't play tier 9 medium tanks if you do not have the skill to get the T55A

I mean, that's plain as day right there.... if that doesn't counteract what you said in your latest post about "suggesting" something, then, maybe you need some new glasses.... its a really funny way of saying a "suggestion"

and maybe, you shouldn't be playing T9, but that's is purely your own ideals and applies simply to you. I play relatively well at T9 in my medium that I have (2.3k damage, 58% winrate), though early days atm as its only 38 games. (almost a mark though, happy about that)

I don't see how you can say that I don't have the skill because I don't own the T55A, when I have a grand total of just 5 T9's and 3 of them have 2 MoE.... 3 French tanks , 1 china td , 1 Russian td.... not the greatest choices of tank i know, but i still try to use them as im needed. winrates aren't great, but all of them are basically out of meta these days, but they're all above 50 and that's acceptable enough

Im not a great player, but im not a complete idiot either, Far more capable than you anyhow, the difference between me and you?

i don't play heavies like mauschen as i don't like them, and i don't play arty because i suck with them, and that basically means im stuck at this point unless i can learn to play arty properly, or grit my teeth and play a dumb super heavy..

that doesn't mean i "lack the skill at T9". just means i don't want to play tanks that have a playstyle i don't like. after all, we play for fun, and i find no fun in driving at 10kph towards the enemy and being late for every battle... my 113G is slow enough thank you.

your petty insults aside, back on topic, i still stand by the 430 being the best T9 med, as that contains everything you could really need in a medium (for now anyway, if they ever get round to nerfing it.... )

lnfernaI #62 Posted 27 May 2019 - 06:43 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32497 battles
  • [ICYA] ICYA

JocMeister #63 Posted 27 May 2019 - 06:55 PM

Major

• Player
  • 26804 battles

Close call between M46, E50, T54/T-55, Skoda and Standard B. If I had to pick one I would pick the M46 though. My favorite tank in the game I think and it will work on any map and any MM.

Still remember my 1st game in it. First time I ever did over 6k damage.

tajj7 #64 Posted 27 May 2019 - 06:57 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27558 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Good - E50, Patton, AMX 30, T-55A, 430, Skoda T50 and Standard B. (Though E50 and Patton I think in the current meta are not as good as they were purely because of the armour around and their relatively low pen on both rounds)

Average - Cent 7/1, Leo PTA (might move up after buffs), T-54, Bat Chat AP, UDES 16

Bad - WZ-120, Type 61 (might move up after buffs), T54E1, 430 v2. 

Overall best for me is probably the T-55A, has most things you need, very mobile, turret armour is decent, good camo, good gun handling, accurate, high DPM and good HEAT round. 

For more average players probably the 430 because of the armour and alpha makes it more forgiving. 

I am looking forward to the PTA though after the buffs, for a tier 9 tank the gun is going to be amazing, TD pen pretty much, heavy tank alpha, medium DPM and gun handling. All on a very mobile turreted tank with decent gun depression and view range/camo. 

lnfernaI #65 Posted 27 May 2019 - 08:07 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32497 battles
  • [ICYA] ICYA

View Posttajj7, on 27 May 2019 - 07:57 PM, said:

Good - E50, Patton, AMX 30, T-55A, 430, Skoda T50 and Standard B. (Though E50 and Patton I think in the current meta are not as good as they were purely because of the armour around and their relatively low pen on both rounds)

Average - Cent 7/1, Leo PTA (might move up after buffs), T-54, Bat Chat AP, UDES 16

Bad - WZ-120, Type 61 (might move up after buffs), T54E1, 430 v2. 

Overall best for me is probably the T-55A, has most things you need, very mobile, turret armour is decent, good camo, good gun handling, accurate, high DPM and good HEAT round. 

For more average players probably the 430 because of the armour and alpha makes it more forgiving. 

I am looking forward to the PTA though after the buffs, for a tier 9 tank the gun is going to be amazing, TD pen pretty much, heavy tank alpha, medium DPM and gun handling. All on a very mobile turreted tank with decent gun depression and view range/camo. 

Respectfully disagree.

MeNoobTank #66 Posted 27 May 2019 - 08:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15536 battles
  • [GT_WC] GT_WC
T-54, T-55 and Obj 430 these are the top 3 best tier 9 medium tanks.

Gruff_ #67 Posted 27 May 2019 - 09:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19293 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Have yet to play in tier 9 but I bought the Patton 46 few months back and am slowly upgrading modules using free xp and further invested in a tier 6 Thunderbolt so I can have a decent crew to go in tit when the time comes.  I did lot of research and it seemed to come out as a well balanced and more importantly enjoyable tank, now am I able to run a tier 9 as a F2P player is another story as overall I prob break even at Tier 8, but the TS-5 and soon to be delievered CarnAX will help fund it's outings.

Interesting topic OP, and would agree with a previous poster that the variety of peoples choices show this to be one of the better balanced tiers.

The_Naa #68 Posted 27 May 2019 - 09:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6745 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

i still stand by WZ-120 and say that the highest alpha matters.

and i stand by these quotes:

View PostWindSplitter1, on 16 May 2019 - 08:53 PM, said:

DPM is the most useless.

Plot a Defender and an IS-3 which have the same DPM. Inside that 1 minute, there's a limit of shots that can be practically fired and accounted for. As the alpha between both guns is different, after that one minute has elapsed, it will be obvious who gets the most damage done.

RPM/Alpha combo is more valid than DPM. DPM only gains significance when there's a high difference.

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 16 May 2019 - 09:02 PM, said:

DPM only really matters if you plan to sit in front of each other and blaze away. Any other time the slower reloader will just hide to reload and negate the fasters DPM advantage. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users